PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the 2004 NBA Championship?

Shade
05-13-2004, 01:49 PM
With all the second round series' tied at 2-2, i think this is as good a time as any to ask this question. Who do you think will go on to win the whole enchilada? Nobody exactly looks like a championship team right now, but NBA rules mandate that someone must win it. :p So, who will it be?

Personally, I see a :nets:/:heat: ECF and a :lakers:/:kings: WCF, with the Nets losing to the Lakers in the Finals again. God, I hope I'm wrong. :puke: :cry:

ROCislandWarrior
05-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Shade, maybe I missed it in a post earlier, but did you ever explain how on earth you think the Heat are going to win a game at Conseco?

dipperdunk
05-13-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm sticking with my original prediction before the playoffs started. Spurs over Indy in 6. :shrug:

Shade
05-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Shade, maybe I missed it in a post earlier, but did you ever explain how on earth you think the Heat are going to win a game at Conseco?

The Heat are playing much better now than at any point during their road losing streak.

ROCislandWarrior
05-13-2004, 02:30 PM

The Heat are playing much better now than at any point during their road losing streak.

They played better at home, but we still kicked them twice at Conseco.
Unless we give up at home too, the Heat are going to be up against it

Shade
05-13-2004, 02:34 PM

They played better at home, but we still kicked them twice at Conseco.
Unless we give up at home too, the Heat are going to be up against it

I guess I'm just thinking they may not cool off this time. We'll see.

TheSauceMaster
05-13-2004, 02:38 PM
I am not even gonna attempt to try and guess , all the teams so far in round 2 have seen bumps or they all wouldn't be 2-2 in there series , so too me no one is the clear leader.

Shade
05-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Okay, who picked Miami? :unimpressed:

ChicagoJ
05-13-2004, 05:14 PM

Probably the same person that picked to 'throw eggs' at me last week. They'll never confess.

:P

Seriously, however, since every team is displaying some vulnerabilities and flaws, I voted for the defending champions.

TheSauceMaster
05-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Jay , I confess I was one who was wanting to throw eggs at you :laugh:

It was all in good humor of course :devil:

btw I haven't voted because no one seems a clear winner with all series tied at 2-2

ChicagoJ
05-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Jay , I confess I was one who was wanting to throw eggs at you :laugh:

It was all in good humor of course :devil:

Oh I know, but unless you cracked the code and voted four times, the other three are still anonymous.

:cool:

Suaveness
05-13-2004, 06:33 PM
WHY DOES INDIANA ONLY HAVE 7!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

ROCislandWarrior
05-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Ok seriously now, how can 2 people on here honestly believe that Miami will win the chip when they will barley slip out of the second round at best.

I guess some fans are really "low" right now, you guys will be the first ones to run down the street naked when the Pacers win it all.

have some faith, go listen to Mandy Moore

TheSauceMaster
05-13-2004, 09:41 PM
remember other teams fans come here :idea:

Shade
05-13-2004, 09:53 PM
:lakers:

Are you watching the 'schooling' we are giving the Spurs tonight?

A thing of beauty I TELL YOU.

'Hyperbole' icon unavailable.

;)

Congratulations on your impending title, LZC. It's just too bad I can't stand your team.

wintermute
05-13-2004, 11:27 PM

Probably the same person that picked to 'throw eggs' at me last week. They'll never confess.

:P

i'm filled with remorse and now am moved to confess :D
i've never gotten to throw rotten eggs at anyone so that poll option was so tempting...

but i swear i didn't vote for miami! :mad: :D

Suaveness
05-14-2004, 01:46 AM
I think we should restart this thread, and have the Lakers as the only option...as that IS what is going to happen. :unimpressed:

Hicks
05-14-2004, 04:30 AM
Yeah, Lakers are virtually guaranteed now. Not us, nor the "mighty" Pistons are beating them in Finals; nor will the Wolves or Kings stop them from getting there. Truly a dark evening in the NBA. :(

Slick Pinkham
05-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Ok seriously now, how can 2 people on here honestly believe that Miami will win the chip when they will barley slip out of the second round at best.

Every village has an idiot, and ours has at LEAST two.

:D