Shade
05-13-2004, 01:24 PM
:meditate:

Nah, we still suck. :(

ROCislandWarrior
05-13-2004, 01:38 PM
all I have to say is WOW

I go away for about 12 hours and this place turns into the anti-pacerdigest

Since when has being tied 2-2 in a series been the end of the world?

Last year we were down 3-1 when the ship started to tank

I can't believe the faith somepeople have

Shade
05-13-2004, 01:42 PM
all I have to say is WOW

I go away for about 12 hours and this place turns into the anti-pacerdigest

Since when has being tied 2-2 in a series been the end of the world?

Last year we were down 3-1 when the ship started to tank

I can't believe the faith somepeople have

Because we've been outplayed in all four games and now Miami has raised their game to a new level.

This series isn't over, but Miami has just taken the advantage from us, IMO, even though we still have homecourt. All Miami has to do is take Game 5 or 7 and we lose the series. We can't win in Miami.

Slick Pinkham
05-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Lots of people want to hit AJ over the head with a marble rye.

:D

Hicks
05-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Shade, you did WATCH games 1 and 2, right? :laugh: I mean, we played no better at home than we did on the road, by more than a little, yet we won by double-digits. It's because we're a facing a team that has not beaten a SINGLE WINNING TEAM ALL YEAR on the road. EVER. Not early, not during the all-star game, not during their hot winning streak to end the season, and not while they were kicking *** at home in the playoffs. What on EARTH makes you or anyone think they're gonne change now? They kick *** at home because of the energy the crowd gives them (and last night I felt the calls were questionable too). They won't have that at our place.

Shade
05-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Shade, you did WATCH games 1 and 2, right? :laugh: I mean, we played no better at home than we did on the road, by more than a little, yet we won by double-digits. It's because we're a facing a team that has not beaten a SINGLE WINNING TEAM ALL YEAR on the road. EVER. Not early, not during the all-star game, not during their hot winning streak to end the season, and not while they were kicking *** at home in the playoffs. What on EARTH makes you or anyone think they're gonne change now? They kick *** at home because of the energy the crowd gives them (and last night I felt the calls were questionable too). They won't have that at our place.

There's always a first time, right? :P

I'm just afraid that Miami isn't going to cool off now and will carry that hot shooting into Conseco Saturday. In order to win, WE'RE gonna have to step up, not hope Miami falters. Because they're not.

TheSauceMaster
05-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Why would you expect the HEAT not to play well at home? is it because they didnt have a 50 or 60 game winning season ? We play better at home and if this holds true last I knew we still have homecourt ,yeah it may take us longer to finish a series but so what I hate long layoffs anyways.

I guess the Spurs are done too since they Beat LA the first 2 games pretty bad and LA came back too tie it
How about the Pistons are they done too , they spanked NJ the first 2 Games and NJ came back ;)

I wouldn't expect anything less than the Home Team to defend it's own court , that's what the playoffs are about , defending your home court.

I could see if we were down 3-2 going back to Miami but were not , so what's with all this gloom and doom stuff ?

Shade
05-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Why would you expect the HEAT not to play well at home? is it because they didnt have a 50 or 60 game winning season ? We play better at home and if this holds true last I knew we still have homecourt ,yeah it may take us longer to finish a series but so what I hate long layoffs anyways.

Maybe it's because Miami has not played as well at home as they did the last two games, even during the winning streak. Maybe it's because we kicked their asses in Miami during the regular season. Maybe it's because we have the best road record in the NBA, so I expected a split.

And Miami should not be taking us to 7 games or (God forbid) winning this series. If we struggle this much against them, how would we fare against the Pistons or (shudder) the Nets?

I guess the Spurs are done too since they Beat LA the first 2 games pretty bad and LA came back too tie it
How about the Pistons are they done too , they spanked NJ the first 2 Games and NJ came back ;)

Actually, I could VERY EASILY see the Lakers and Nets winning those series' now. It wasn't just about defending home court -- both teams (like Miami) changed their level of play and started expoliting their opponents' weaknesses. Sometimes it just takes a game or two to adjust to the other team.

I wouldn't expect anything less than the Home Team to defend it's own court , that's what the playoffs are about , defending your home court.

I hope you're right. If so, we'll win it all. :champions:

TheSauceMaster
05-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Well to be honest I had this series going 6 anyways , I have seen alot of HEAT games over the past few months and I had my worries before this series even started but I kept my mouth shut , because If I woulda said anything I woulda been booed from this place like a virus.

Before the Playoffs even started I had my mindset on this is atleast a 6 game series for us and 7 wasn't outta the question in my mind, you can see the playoffs are a whole diffrent breed from the regular season.

I was really shocked on how many people were saying we were gonna sweep the HEAT or beat them in 5 , your don't win you last 18 home games because you suck. The problem with the HEAT is they haven't proved to be a real worthy road team , if they can get that problem solved then yes we are in trouble til they prove they can I say we have the atvantage.

obnoxiousmodesty
05-13-2004, 04:11 PM
You asked for it...

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v124/obnoxiousmodesty/serenity.jpg