PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Round Inexperience?

Bball
05-13-2004, 02:37 AM
How much does the fact that this team (Pacers) have not been past the first round come into play now that Miami has shown they have some teeth? Is that part of the problem leading us to this point 2-2?

I realize you could say the same thing about Miami, but they really have nothing to lose being the underdog. OTOH, it could be the Pacers turn to turn up the gameplay a notch and that could suddenly rattle Miami now that they've evened things up and have more at stake (suddenly believing they CAN win this series).

-Bball

Southside_Pacer
05-13-2004, 02:43 AM
Looking on the bright side, the Pacers cannot play any worse, especially on defense.

I still don't know why we're leaving open shooters so much. Very frustrating since they knock them down more often than not. :unimpressed:

Unclebuck
05-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Bball, I think it is a factor, but we'll know a lot more after the next two or three games

Grant
05-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Neither team has a lot of playoff experience and that magnifies the home-court advantage.

Younger teams get more energy from a home crowd than veteran teams, and also get more easily rattled on the road.

ChicagoJ
05-13-2004, 10:43 AM
Neither team has a lot of playoff experience and that magnifies the home-court advantage.

Younger teams get more energy from a home crowd than veteran teams, and also get more easily rattled on the road.

What he said.

Bball
05-13-2004, 10:46 AM
I think the rust has been a factor along with the fact that the Pacers just weren't ready for the intensity that Miami has brought... the intensity of basketball in the 2nd round. Games 1 and 2 were too easy I am afraid.... the Pacers didn't play well but Miami did everything the Pacers needed so that the Pacers could still win.

-Bball