PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's a pretty even playoffs....

Suaveness
05-13-2004, 01:57 AM
As of now, all four matchups are tied at 2-2.

Det-NJ
Ind-Mia
LA-SA
Min-Sac

sounds like a pretty even playoffs to me, doesn't it? I expect the home teams to come back and win all 4 game 5's.

Oh, and other than Min-Sac, all were HOME playoff wins. Sounds to me like Indiana is in the same boat as everyone else.

pb777
05-13-2004, 03:14 AM

Det-NJ
Ind-Mia
LA-SA
Min-Sac

sounds like a pretty even playoffs to me, doesn't it? I expect the home teams to come back and win all 4 game 5's.

Oh, and other than Min-Sac, all were HOME playoff wins. Sounds to me like Indiana is in the same boat as everyone else.\

True, but IN is the #1 ranked team and we've dropped two in a row to the least talented least experienced team in the playoffs. Hopefully the Pacers will pull together and improve as a team in this series. The way IN is playing right now, they are not ready for Rd. 3 yet.

Unclebuck
05-13-2004, 09:39 AM
I can't remember when every second round series was tied at 2. Home teams are 14-2.

Great second round, after a poor first round

DisplacedKnick
05-13-2004, 09:46 AM

Det-NJ
Ind-Mia
LA-SA
Min-Sac

Oh, and other than Min-Sac, all were HOME playoff wins. Sounds to me like Indiana is in the same boat as everyone else.\

True, but IN is the #1 ranked team and we've dropped two in a row to the least talented least experienced team in the playoffs. Hopefully the Pacers will pull together and improve as a team in this series. The way IN is playing right now, they are not ready for Rd. 3 yet.

I dunno as I'd call Miami the least talented - not with Wade, Eddie Jones, Odom, Caron in the lineup - and Grant's pretty solid as EC centers go. They're probably the most athletic team left though their lack of size SHOULD be something Indy takes advantage of.

BTW - do I raise a ghost? Why not? For the first time, the Pacers really miss Brad Miller.

MagicRat
05-13-2004, 10:37 AM
BTW - do I raise a ghost? Why not? For the first time, the Pacers really miss Brad Miller.

Booooooooooooo!

Like everybody on here needs something else to get worked up about....... :P

bulletproof
05-13-2004, 11:44 AM

Booooooooooooo!

I was wondering how long it would be before someone brought this up. Even Peck refrained from it in his post-game thoughts. You can try and point your finger at the absence of Brad, or write page after page of analytical gobbledy-gook, but if we lose this series, the epitaph on this season should read:

Killed by the league and an 11-day layoff.

It's as simple as that. The layoff killed our momentum and took us out of the zone. 11 days to sit around and think.

DisplacedKnick
05-13-2004, 11:56 AM

Booooooooooooo!

I was wondering how long it would be before someone brought this up. Even Peck refrained from it in his post-game thoughts. You can try and point your finger at the absence of Brad, or write page after page of analytical gobbledy-gook, but if we lose this series, the epitaph on this season should read:

It's as simple as that. The layoff killed our momentum and took us out of the zone. 11 days to sit around and think.

You're overrating the zone you were in vs Boston - and underrating how truly bad that team was.

The only thing the Heat have done the last two games is not allow that one 20-6, 24-11, 17-5, etc., stretch where Indy took control of the game.

For most of the Celtic games you take away one quarter and Boston played you close to straight up. I know the games I watched my attitude was, "OK, that'll beat these guys but they'd better play a whole lot better if they're gonna get to the finals." I thought all along they'd lose game 3 but I also thought they'd respond in game 4. Instead they fell apart.

Still time to fix it but I don't see where the Pacers level of play has changed that much - it's much more related to the level of their opponent IMO.

What they need to do is get back to the level they were playing at in January and February. That team was 28-6 and had control of all aspects of the game.

Zesty
05-13-2004, 12:28 PM

I don't buy that. They came out the first two games and stuck it to Miami. If there was going to be a problem resulting from the layoff, I would have expected it early in the series.

Shade
05-13-2004, 01:22 PM

I don't buy that. They came out the first two games and stuck it to Miami. If there was going to be a problem resulting from the layoff, I would have expected it early in the series.

Yup. And we really didn't play that well against Boston. We should have won each game by about 30 as bad as they were.

Shade
05-13-2004, 09:06 PM
I can't remember when every second round series was tied at 2.

This is the first time it's ever happened.