PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone play over their heads against us?

Shade
05-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Seriously, it gets a bit irritating after awhile. Miami has shot 47% and 51% the last two games. That's assanine. We're playing decent defense, and Miami won't miss a damn shot. Is it just the homecourt and crowd energy? Will they be able to maintain that kind of shooting at Conseco?

TheSauceMaster
05-13-2004, 12:50 AM
I wouldn't call the Defense we have played in this series even good , that's being way to generous , our defense has been what has been killing us , not to mention the past 2 games it seems like only 2 players for the pacers can score and the rest just stink....were a much better team when we score as a team in more even numbers and not just 1 or 2 people carrying the load.

I think Homecourt and Crowd Noise makes a big diffrence and it can really pump up a team to play.

Southside_Pacer
05-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Our defense has just sucked to say the least. Being a team that prides itself on defense, it's sad to watch.

I guess people are adpoting the "If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best" idea.

sweabs
05-13-2004, 09:11 AM
Game 4 reminded me of this game which I was sadly in attendance for:
http://www.nba.com/games/20040314/INDCLE/boxscore.html

Except we didn't get as good of production from JB or Al.
However, I remember J.O. and Ron carried the Pacers for most of the game but no one else was really stepping up (except Al and kinda JB). Jermaine and Ron obviously had good games but it goes to show you we need everyone getting involved. Plus, look at the score - Cavs got 107 pts. We can be having the greatest offensive game of the year...but it doesn't matter - cuz you need to play DEFENSE.

DisplacedKnick
05-13-2004, 09:22 AM
I didn't see game 3 but last night's defense was horrible.

Unclebuck
05-13-2004, 09:32 AM
The Celts certainly did not play well at all.

The ehat did not play well in games 1 and 2. Game three they played pretty well. Last night I thought the heat played very, very, very well. Their shotmaking was something I did not think they were capable of.

I would give the Pacers defense a solid B last night. I am a stickler on defense so nothing less than an A will do, but I did not think it was so bad. I'll watch the game again on tape and see if I think differently