PDA

View Full Version : $4.00 Pacers tickets return for February home games.

Unclebuck
02-01-2007, 06:48 PM
2/5 - Warriors
2/7 - Sonics
2/11 - Clippers
2/14 - Grizzlies
2/21 - 2/21

And don't think that only the really horrible seats are 4 dollars. When they did this back in November - some of the $4.00 tickets were in the 3rd row balcony.

No one can use the excuse that it costs too much. You can pay $4.00 and boo Jackson all night long if you want.

Los Angeles
02-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Smart move.

TheDon
02-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Well this will pretty much tell whether or not what fans were saying all along were true that if Jack was gone they'd start coming back to games. With as cheap as those seats are the only excuse people have left is they don't have the time. If Attendance doesn't skyrocket after this than the franchise is really going to struggle. It sucks so bad if I wasn't stuck up at Purdue I'd be going to all these games, although those folks down in bloomington and butler are a heck of a lot closer hopefully some of the student body from those schools start goin. Myself i'd be going to any Pacer game I could but Purdue owns my soul and if it isn't school it's work soooo, I don't have much choice but I still will watch the ESPN Gamecast (since I can't watch it on TV up here) and follow the team as close as I possibly can.

vapacersfan
02-01-2007, 07:27 PM
2/5 - Warriors
2/7 - Sonics
2/11 - Clippers
2/14 - Grizzlies
2/21 - 2/21

And don't think that only the really horrible seats are 4 dollars. When they did this back in November - some of the $4.00 tickets were in the 3rd row balcony.

No one can use the excuse that it costs too much. You can pay $4.00 and boo Jackson all night long if you want.

Didn't we trade Jackson to Golden State? (BTW, we play the Bucks on 2/21)

EDIT: Nevermind. VA is a freaking idiot. VA missed the while "We play GS in the first game UB listed". VA apologizes.

Evan_The_Dude
02-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I'll be at the Warriors game.

Bball
02-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm confused... This is what I am seeing:

As a continuing celebration of the Indiana Pacers’ 40th Anniversary Season, Pepsi, a Pacers corporate partner, is sponsoring a promotion to roll back the price on Pacers’ tickets to the 1967-68 ticket price of $4 to five selected home games.

Fans can purchase tickets to any of the five selected home games for this special promotional price beginning Friday, Feb. 2, at 10:00 a.m. The public is encouraged to purchase their tickets at the Conseco Fieldhouse Box Office, but may also purchase them at all Ticketmaster outlets, via the internet at Pacers.com or Ticketmaster.com or by phone at 1-800-4NBA-TIX. There will be a limit of 12 tickets per game per customer.

The five opponents and dates are: Seattle SuperSonics, Feb. 7, at 7:00 p.m.; Milwaukee Bucks, Feb. 21, at 7:00 p.m.; Washington Wizards, March 14, at 7:00 p.m.; Chicago Bulls, March. 25, at 3:30 p.m.; New Jersey, April. 15, at 3:30 p.m.

That isn't the same list as UB's. Are there more games included that aren't sponsored by Pepsi... or has the list changed?

I wanted to boo Jackson for 4.00! OK... just kidding about the booing but have been considering going Monday and the 4.00 tix really perked up my ears.

-Bball

Naptown_Seth
02-01-2007, 07:51 PM
And yet in spite of trading away Jackson and lowering the price for at least some seats, the games will most certainly well below sell-out level. So much for those 2 excuses, I'm sick of hearing them.

rabid
02-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Guys, I just want to warn you... the attendance level is not going to skyrocket overnight, even if they GIVE away the seats.

The best-case scenario is that the Pacers keep winning, and attendance slowly trickles upwards until the playoffs, and then the Pacers make a respectable playoff run (win the first round by playing well, and at least make a deep run into the second round).

Combine that with positive press (and not having to compete with the Colts) and things might start looking good again come playoff time, or maybe the beginning of next season.

I think TBTB know this too.

-----------------------------------

I'm just throwing this out there, b/c I don't want to hear everybody panicking in 3 weeks when the attendance numbers don't suddenly jump up.

Unclebuck
02-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Bball - that is strange

Here is the e-mail I got from the Pacers.

Pepsi Presents Rolled Back Prices

Continuing with the celebration of the Pacers 40th Anniversary Season, Pepsi is sponsoring a special ticket offer. For five games in February, tickets will be available at the 1967 price of $4.

As a Pacers Season Ticket Holder, you have the opportunity to purchase up to 12 tickets at the 1967 price for yourself as well as friends and family.

Ordering Details

Orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis and must be received at least 24 hours in advance of the game you wish to attend.

Tickets are subject to availability and located in the Balcony Level only. Exact seat locations will not be available. Upgrades are not permitted.

Tickets will be available for pick-up at the Season Ticket Holder Will Call Windows, #14 and #15, 90 minutes prior to tip-off of your specifically-chosen game.

Roll Back Dates

Monday, Feb. 5
vs. Golden State
7:00 p.m.

Wednesday, Feb. 7
vs. Seattle

Sunday, Feb. 11
vs. L.A. Clippers
2:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Feb. 14
vs. Memphis

Wednesday, Feb. 21
vs. Milwaukee

Putnam
02-01-2007, 11:31 PM
If $4 tickets isn't reason enough.....

If the chance to boo Jackson again isn't enough....

If the fact that football season will be over and the Pacers the only game in town isn't enough....

If the fact that the Pacers are now a good team, and playing the right way isn't enough....

If the possibility of seeing a double-double-double by O'Neal and Murphy isn't enough...

Then consider this:

On Monday night, the national anthem will be sung by the high school choir of Southern Wells High School. My alma mater.

I'll be there!

Robertmto
02-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Washington Wizards, March 14, at 7:00 p.m.

:dance: :bowdown: :applaud: :pepper: :champions :eyebrow: :highfive: :jump: :nod: :rockon2: :rockon: :thankyou: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :worship: :carrot: :pineapple :cucumber: :mango: :rock: :scream: :king: :dancers:

Naptown_Seth
02-02-2007, 02:49 AM
Guys, I just want to warn you... the attendance level is not going to skyrocket overnight, even if they GIVE away the seats.

The best-case scenario is that the Pacers keep winning, and attendance slowly trickles upwards until the playoffs, and then the Pacers make a respectable playoff run (win the first round by playing well, and at least make a deep run into the second round).

Combine that with positive press (and not having to compete with the Colts) and things might start looking good again come playoff time, or maybe the beginning of next season.

I think TBTB know this too.

-----------------------------------

I'm just throwing this out there, b/c I don't want to hear everybody panicking in 3 weeks when the attendance numbers don't suddenly jump up.
My point is that plenty of people WERE SAYING these things were the problem, not the winning or losing. Thus the "I just want them to play the right way" crap, when I've been saying all along that WINNING is the main and probably only aspect, and that even if Jackson was still here the fans would flock to the arena if they won 60 and went to the Finals.

Wins>>>>>>>>>>>Jack or Prices or weather or Colts or...and that's all I've ever said.

Bball
02-02-2007, 05:00 AM
My point is that plenty of people WERE SAYING these things were the problem, not the winning or losing. Thus the "I just want them to play the right way" crap, when I've been saying all along that WINNING is the main and probably only aspect, and that even if Jackson was still here the fans would flock to the arena if they won 60 and went to the Finals.

Wins>>>>>>>>>>>Jack or Prices or weather or Colts or...and that's all I've ever said.

The problem is/was bigger than Sjax. He put a face on it. Making him the sole problem or scapegoat is not what most people have done tho.

The fact is this team was allowed to spiral into some rather dark places while management tried only to spin a new marketing campaign rather than do what needed done.

Donnie Walsh doesn't like to do anything until he absolutely has to. And this time he got burned badly by that slow trigger finger. It has been clear for a while that the fans were fed up with a lot about this team and the product on the floor. And there were signs and whispers that things were heading the wrong way before things came to a head (even during the 61 win season... even before...). But certainly it was clear a couple of years ago that we weren't heading in the right direction.

I see the Sjax trade as a start, not the finish of a needed remake of this team. I don't think I'm alone in thinking the problems aren't truly going to be gone until Tinsley is gone too. Many of the moves we did make were questionable at best. Al Harrington wasn't universally seen as a savior or even good move this season. And of those that did see it as a good/great thing... well... they just had the rug pulled out from under them. I don't expect them to be quickly won back.

Maybe there was a point where fans would've given the team the benefit of the doubt, but not now. They've played that hand already and bluffed one time too many. The boos were loud and clear last season. By not addressing those boos with anything other than a spin and marketing job, a job that unraveled quickly when Public Enemies #1A and 1B went clubbing, it pretty much sealed the team's fate (with fans).

And even then we only got more spin. Then the games started and we still got glimpses of the same old problems. Even with the spotlight on them and a dark cloud over them... we still had the same old issues. Sjax growling at the coach. Jamaal Hyde or Jamaal Jekyll at the point. Players complaining. Questionable effort. Questionable basketball IQ. Questionable teamwork.

Jermaine having a hissy fit after only 8 games didn't sit well with some of us either. This team was supposed to be beyond that type of stuff.

So sure... there are casual fans who will be back only when the winning starts (every team has that element tho). BUT IMHO there are several basketball fans that were lost and will only be back when the team shows us something.... consistently. Consistently. Spin jobs, wishful thinking, and a few games won't get it done. That's what happens when you use up your benefit of the doubt... the double-speak and happy talk don't get accepted so quickly.

Management can't go halfway and expect patience and magic to win those fans back. It'll take a game at a time. A possession at a time even. It'll take teamwork and Indiana basketball. And it will take some vision and proactive moves from management to keep that vision on track. If a player is holding that vision back, putting forth a lackluster effort, etc it will just delay the start of fans returning in any numbers to Conseco. And it will get worse if management (and/or coaching) doesn't act and bring the hammer (or axe) down immediately.

Yes, Sjax was a problem. The aura that surrounded him and permeated the team was a problem too. And the fans spoke out. The fans spoke out but nobody was listening.

Maybe they are listening now....

-Bball

mugsy27
02-02-2007, 10:04 AM
that was an EXCELLENT post bball

ALF68
02-02-2007, 11:10 AM
The problem is/was bigger than Sjax. He put a face on it. Making him the sole problem or scapegoat is not what most people have done tho.

The fact is this team was allowed to spiral into some rather dark places while management tried only to spin a new marketing campaign rather than do what needed done.

Donnie Walsh doesn't like to do anything until he absolutely has to. And this time he got burned badly by that slow trigger finger. It has been clear for a while that the fans were fed up with a lot about this team and the product on the floor. And there were signs and whispers that things were heading the wrong way before things came to a head (even during the 61 win season... even before...). But certainly it was clear a couple of years ago that we weren't heading in the right direction.

I see the Sjax trade as a start, not the finish of a needed remake of this team. I don't think I'm alone in thinking the problems aren't truly going to be gone until Tinsley is gone too. Many of the moves we did make were questionable at best. Al Harrington wasn't universally seen as a savior or even good move this season. And of those that did see it as a good/great thing... well... they just had the rug pulled out from under them. I don't expect them to be quickly won back.

Maybe there was a point where fans would've given the team the benefit of the doubt, but not now. They've played that hand already and bluffed one time too many. The boos were loud and clear last season. By not addressing those boos with anything other than a spin and marketing job, a job that unraveled quickly when Public Enemies #1A and 1B went clubbing, it pretty much sealed the team's fate (with fans).

And even then we only got more spin. Then the games started and we still got glimpses of the same old problems. Even with the spotlight on them and a dark cloud over them... we still had the same old issues. Sjax growling at the coach. Jamaal Hyde or Jamaal Jekyll at the point. Players complaining. Questionable effort. Questionable basketball IQ. Questionable teamwork.

Jermaine having a hissy fit after only 8 games didn't sit well with some of us either. This team was supposed to be beyond that type of stuff.

So sure... there are casual fans who will be back only when the winning starts (every team has that element tho). BUT IMHO there are several basketball fans that were lost and will only be back when the team shows us something.... consistently. Consistently. Spin jobs, wishful thinking, and a few games won't get it done. That's what happens when you use up your benefit of the doubt... the double-speak and happy talk don't get accepted so quickly.

Management can't go halfway and expect patience and magic to win those fans back. It'll take a game at a time. A possession at a time even. It'll take teamwork and Indiana basketball. And it will take some vision and proactive moves from management to keep that vision on track. If a player is holding that vision back, putting forth a lackluster effort, etc it will just delay the start of fans returning in any numbers to Conseco. And it will get worse if management (and/or coaching) doesn't act and bring the hammer (or axe) down immediately.

Yes, Sjax was a problem. The aura that surrounded him and permeated the team was a problem too. And the fans spoke out. The fans spoke out but nobody was listening.

Maybe they are listening now....

-Bball

Great post! My thoughts exactly. Thanks.

FlavaDave
02-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Then consider this:

On Monday night, the national anthem will be sung by the high school choir of Southern Wells High School. My alma mater.

I'll be there!

My sister will be singing the national anthem at the Nuggets game. I believe I will be "backstage" at the Fieldhouse. We'll see if I can't sneak my way close to the lockeroom. :eyebrow:

Knucklehead Warrior
02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Remember when there were curtains across the seats at MSA? THe Ps would win 2 games in a row and Reggie would say, OK we're winning now, time to come down to watch us.

It takes time.

A lot of these guys gave up, but it took about 3 years for it to happen. Jax2 became the last identifiable face of that fustration. We've hit bottom and now we're going to come back up, but it doesn't turn on and off like a faucet.
I watched my first P game of the year on TV last week. I'll go buy some $4 tickets now too, but don't expect many of us to embrace the change with open arms after we've been hugging a cactus for 3 years.

Sorry some of us can't be as good a "fan" as others. :rolleyes:

Los Angeles
02-02-2007, 12:06 PM
My sister will be singing the national anthem at the Nuggets game. I believe I will be "backstage" at the Fieldhouse. We'll see if I can't sneak my way close to the lockeroom. :eyebrow:

:hmm:

I don't think that smiley conveys the meaning you intended.

Unclebuck
02-02-2007, 12:10 PM
It has nothing to do with someone being a good fan or bad fan or a fan at all. My only point and I guess I agree with Seth - but my point is all I heard back in October (not in this forum - I'm not talking about any of you) What I heard is people in Indianapolis saying they will never go to another game as long as Jackson is wearing a Pacers uniform. I try to take people at their word. But now Jax is gone and I don't see those fans flocking back. I also said back in October that those who were saying that generally didn't go to games to begin with. I still believe that - now more than ever

FlavaDave
02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
:hmm:

I don't think that smiley conveys the meaning you intended.

I tried to type in :sneaky:, but there is no smiley for that. Sicko. ;)

And because I really have no comeback for that, here's a monocle:

:tophat:

Unclebuck
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Warning to the Pacers: FlavaDave is trying to sneak into the locker room - and he's got a sicko look on his face.

LOL

Gyron
02-02-2007, 01:07 PM
And he's wearing a damned monocle.

Who wears a monocle? He is a sicko....

bmac
02-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm going to the LA-Pacers game tonight........Pretty stoked about it since this will be my first game in 2 years. You guys think I will be able to get tickets at the box office? Or will I have to scalp?

imawhat
02-02-2007, 01:25 PM
You can definitely get tickets at the box office.

Los Angeles
02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=539011#post539011

joeyd
02-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Was at Conseco at 10 AM today, having seen a pop-up ad about the $4 tickets when I went to the team website today.

I don't think this promo was heavily promoted. I didn't see it in the paper today. I was the first in line there to take advantage of this promo (the gal in front and the guy behind me had no clue about the promo). I already had 2 tix to the April 15 Nets game in the lower level, but got an additional 2 tix so that I could take the rest of the family. Also bought tix to the Wizards game. These tickets are phenomenal! They are in row 2 of section 209! I think that these normally go for $49! I love this promo. I go to probably 25-30% of the home games but would attend more if I could afford it and my schedule permitted. Now, as other posters have said, there is no excuse about affordability unless you have a gigantic family!

My advice: Get thee to Conseco and take advantage of this offer if you can.

FlavaDave
02-02-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm going to the LA-Pacers game tonight........Pretty stoked about it since this will be my first game in 2 years. You guys think I will be able to get tickets at the box office? Or will I have to scalp?

I think the entire roster of the Indianapolis Colts could get tickets together at the box office in the 2nd quarter.

Naptown_Seth
02-03-2007, 06:31 PM
"shows us something" = "win games"
therefore the "real fans" = "casual fans"

The complaints about TPTB double-speak is ironic considering all the happy talk and double speak I see in posts like this. All you are doing is the negative spin job to counter the Pacers positive version.

Stuff like "JO's hissy fit", that's spin. The team wasn't playing well, JO has played his best all-around season ever and is hustling on both ends, and you spin that negative. If YOU had a hissy fit after game 8 regarding the way the team was playing, you'd just be telling it like it is and expecting the Pacers to do something about it. But JO doing it = a bad thing.

People right here at PD said explicitly that just moving Jack (and Tins for some) would SOLVE EVERYTHING. Especially if the guys coming the other way were hustling, smart players like DunDun and Murphy.

And yet even you admit that you are still waiting for them to "prove it consistantly". What, you think DunDun is FAKING his effort? Is 40+ games from Foster, DA, and Granger not enough to prove their effort to you? Quis, Rawle, Murphy all have some negative rep or a non-hustling image?

In short, give me a monster break with this spin. Jack is gone. Hard working, hustling, smart players are getting serious minutes for the team. End of story, the place should be nearly full if that's all it takes, especially if there was this huge throng of serious fans that had stopped going because of all the "lies and deceit" from TPTB.

What I see right now is the same box office results I saw around 92 when lazy losers like Reggie, Detlef and Rik filled the roster. Back then the entire Colts team could also get a block of tickets at the box office during the 2nd quarter.

Putnam
02-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Seth, with all due respect and courtesy, it is time for you to back off if you want to be thought of as a reasonable person. Your numerous, angry posts on this theme are unreasonable. And dishonest.

People right here at PD said explicitly that just moving Jack (and Tins for some) would SOLVE EVERYTHING.

Can you show a link to one single post where a member of Pacers Digest said precisely the above? (And if you can show one, can you explain the rational process by which you assume that one person's opinion stands as a reasonable predictor of tens of thousands of other peoples' individual decisions?)

In short, give me a monster break with this spin. Jack is gone. Hard working, hustling, smart players are getting serious minutes for the team. End of story, the place should be nearly full if that's all it takes...

That is all it would take if Jackson were the only problem, and if people were as simple as electrons flowing through a wire. But it wasn't and they aren't. Electrons start flowing as soon as you add current to the circuit. But people are going to need time, and a continuing process of rebuilding trust to restore faith in the team.

Read BBall's excellent post again. The Pacers' image in the community is bad for a lot of reasons. That doesn't simply mean the switch is flipped off. It means the circuit is damaged. As BBall says, the image of the Pacers has gotten pretty dingy over the past few years, and it is going to take time to repair it.

...especially if there was this huge throng of serious fans that had stopped going because of all the "lies and deceit" from TPTB.

Instead of talking about a "huge throng", let's be realistic and think in terms of individuals. In order to get 17,000 butts in the seats of Conseco Fieldhouse on a given night, there must be 17,000 individual decisions that going to a Pacers game is better than any alternative use of time and money. That is a pretty tall order even in the best of times. You have insisted ad nauseum that winning was the only thing that matters. Others have insisted that good character and playing the right way also mattered. Having unlikeable players was one reasons to stay home, but even after that negative is removed, there is still a wealth of other possibilities that can keep people away from Conseco.

Seth, your position seems to be that people are fools and liars, and that you know their minds better than they know themselves. What do you get out of that?

----- post Super Bowl addendum -----

Did you hear coach Dungy's post-game comments? One of the things he said was that the team wanted to win the right way -- to win with class. He said merely winning would have been only half a victory, if they had not done it the right way.

Some of us feel the same way about the Pacers, but the sentiment has been described as "crap" by other posters. Is there anyone who wants to call it "crap" when Tony Dungy says it? No? They I say respect our opinion that playing the right way is important in basketball as well as in football.

Congratulations, Colts. Good Luck, Pacers.

Anthem
02-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I still think things will pick up after the Super Bowl.

Especially with a win.

Bball
02-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Putnam's reply was pretty excellent so there's not much more for me to say.

One thing that seems to be hanging some people up is this alleged comment by some posters or people on the street:
"As long as Stephen Jackson is a Pacer I'm not going to the games"

For the sake of the discussion I won't argue whether anyone said that (or similar) or not. But re-read what I wrote and what Putnam wrote. Even if someone said "As long as Stephen Jackson is a Pacer I'm not going to the games" they are NOT saying "As soon as he's gone I'm back in the stands".

What I'd argue they are saying is at best "Until he's gone I cannot consider supporting this team". IOW, they said until management makes moves that involve moving Sjax, instead of Croshere or AJ, then they are just putting lipstick on a pig.... or rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

As a fan you might not know exactly what moves need to be made, but until Sjax is gone you know the team isn't making them (or have done enough). That's why I said he put a face on the issue but I think few thought he was the sole problem. But he was a lightning rod as an obvious one among possibly many.... or at least he had put himself into a position where he was simply too disliked to ever be rehabbed here.

So once he's gone the fans that said: "As long as Stephen Jackson is a Pacer I'm not going to the games" still need time to see if that is the straw that begins to put things into shape or if there are still other issues.

The Pacer house was not in order. Maybe it is now. Maybe it is not. What it will take now is positives. Many more positives than negatives. A win isn't everything and a loss isn't always a negative. You have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat. Steal a couple from teams you probably shouldn't beat. Take some great teams to the wire. And don't find yourself losing to teams you shouldn't nor getting blown out with any regularity.

I'd go as far as saying wins would eventually bring fans back but for fans to get rabidly behind the team there needs to be more than just the wins. Pacer fans want a team they can be proud of. Few were proud of Sjax. And Bad Tinsley doesn't bring much pride to Pacerland either. Neither does a lack of teamwork or discipline.