PDA

View Full Version : A simple question for everyone

indygeezer
05-12-2004, 11:45 PM
If I had told you 3 weeks ago, that the Pacers would win the 2nd round 4-2 or even 4-3 to the Heat....How many of you would have said ...I'll take it! :dance: :pepper:

Well that's where we are...2-2 and coming home...not 0-2 or 1-2 but 2-2 with home court advantage still ours. OK???

Chill...get some sleep and go buy tickets tomorrow (I don't wanna have to listen to people carping about the game not being a sell-out.)

sweabs
05-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Well if anyone is playing the Pick & Roll contest at nba.com, I have the Pacers winning in 6 - and I made that pick a longgg time ago....... :D

kerosene
05-12-2004, 11:49 PM
I thought Pacers in 5. I'm hoping it's 6 instead of 7 or not at all now.

Roaming Gnome
05-12-2004, 11:50 PM
I just wish my "OWN" personal expectations were not so high for this team, but in the end I'm just glad this team is getting tested for greater challenges. In 99-2000 we were challenged by the Bucks in the first round and that could have strengthend our stance. In the lock out year...We swept all the way to the ECF to lose our composure on a little adversity.

Maybe a little adversity is what the doctor ordered for this team.

:boomer:

TheSauceMaster
05-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Well if anyone is playing the Pick & Roll contest at nba.com, I have the Pacers winning in 6 - and I made that pick a longgg time ago....... :D

Same Here I made the same Pick

sweabs
05-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Yeah - I give these guys a lot of credit - they are a young athletic team - no one expects them to go any further...what do they have to lose?

kerosene
05-12-2004, 11:53 PM
I just wish my "OWN" personal expectations were not so high for this team, but in the end I'm just glad this team is getting tested for greater challenges. In 99-2000 we were challenged by the Bucks in the first round and that could have strengthend our stance. In the lock out year...We swept all the way to the ECF to lose our composure on a little adversity.

I feel the same way. I just posted on this in Shade's thread about IF we win the series.

arkman40
05-12-2004, 11:53 PM
survive and advnace

survive and advance

I remember when the 1 seed Pacers looked very vulnerable against the 8 seed Bucks, getting completely blown out twice...and then made it all the way to Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

survive and advance

indygeezer
05-12-2004, 11:54 PM

Now that I can agree with!

indygeezer
05-12-2004, 11:55 PM
survive and advnace

survive and advance

I remember when the 1 seed Pacers looked very vulnerable against the 8 seed Bucks, getting completely blown out twice...and then made it all the way to Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

survive and advance

Live tol fight another day, huh Arkman? Howdy my friend.

arkman40
05-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Geezer it may be time to fire up the old mower. Get that baby gased up for Saturday!

indygeezer
05-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Geezer it may be time to fire up the old mower. Get that baby gased up for Saturday!

HOLY MY"GOSH!!! THAT"S THE PROBLEM!!! I've had Geezer Jr. doing the mowing!! *&^$#%&*()_))(&^% :mad: :mad:

pb777
05-13-2004, 03:21 AM

I agree with this 100%. It seems that we are not quite ready for RD. 3, we still need to pull together as a team and up the level of our game. As arkman said, survive and advance.

ChicagoJ
05-13-2004, 10:50 AM

Gnome, you raise a good point. And I think you and I talked about that briefly at the game last week... if we were to have swept Miami, then I fear that either Detroit or Jersey would then have swept us.

We still need to learn how to win in the playoffs. And I don't count blowouts over a 36-win team as playoff victories.

I like Arkman's mantra. That's really all the playoffs are about, anyway.

Survive and Advance

(off to change my signature, thanks Ark)