PDA

View Full Version : We're only going to go as far as....

Phildog
01-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Danny Granger takes us. He is our number 2 now, and JO, while consistent, does not put up massive numbers on the offensive end. We really are a balanced scoring team, but I think the X-factor is going to be Granger. Quissy is emerging nicely, Dunleavy is Dunleavy, and Murphy is Murphy, I don't think these guys are going to break out all of the sudden and be 20/10/3 guys. Granger must step up and be that guy to score close to 20 if we are going to make a run at the East.

A lot of pressue, but I think TPTB really set the stage for Danger to see if he is as good as we all think he is.

maragin
01-29-2007, 03:18 PM
I've seen it here tons of times, but I've never seen anything from the team calling Danny our #2 option. Can anyone provide a link for this?

NuffSaid
01-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Actually, it's a duality...Granger and Quis!

I think RC needs to keep Quis in as a starter over Dunleavy. Problem is Army and Quis seem to be as effective off the bench as energy guys as Army and Runi were. Still, I like Quis' game. He seems to be the only player we have who can create his own shot.

rexnom
01-29-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't think you need a number 2 option, necessarily. This trade basically forces JO to step up even further. He now has to produce. And he certainly has. After that, the supporting cast has to back him up. This is why Marquis was missed so much against the Pistons. He's an essential part of that cast; if any of those parts goes missing, it's not always easy to replace them.

Los Angeles
01-29-2007, 03:52 PM
But I thought the team was better because of teamwork and selflessness?

Jermaine's play is not dropping. Only slight digits on a box score are changing. JO is a much better player post trade.

CableKC
01-29-2007, 03:58 PM
To say that Granger has to step up as a #2 scoring option is accurate.....but to say that JONeal doesn't put up massive #s is somewhat inaccurate.

I'm gonna let Dat Dude provide most of the rebuttal about JONeal's performance.....he's averaging 19ppg while averaging 16 FGA....what else do you want him to do?

Take more shots? I think that JONeal is doing more then put up massive #s...he's actually trying to involve his teammates so that they can contribute to the scoring. I would much rather stick with JONeal's 16 FGA and his average 19ppg while giving more FGA to the rest of the team.

Phildog
01-29-2007, 04:22 PM
To say that Granger has to step up as a #2 scoring option is accurate.....but to say that JONeal doesn't put up massive #s is somewhat inaccurate.

I'm gonna let Dat Dude provide most of the rebuttal about JONeal's performance.....he's averaging 19ppg while averaging 16 FGA....what else do you want him to do?

Take more shots? I think that JONeal is doing more then put up massive #s...he's actually trying to involve his teammates so that they can contribute to the scoring. I would much rather stick with JONeal's 16 FGA and his average 19ppg while giving more FGA to the rest of the team.

I actually agree with you. I was mainly speaking of points as far as JO goes. That's not the issue. JO doesn't drop 30-40 points on you very often, and hasn't really at all this season, but has been a rock and brought it every night. My point is Danger may have to be that guy to give us another 20 a night for us to make that next step. Balance is great, but when you need a score, and your main guy isn't bringing it, who do we turn to? Granger is the guy right now.

BlueNGold
01-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I would not say his production determines the fate of the Pacers, but other than JO, I doubt anyone else can make as much impact.

Prior to last night, DG had an average of 20ppg since the trade. He had his very best game the night we were short handed. I think that says a lot, particularly since he shot for a high pct. When he knows it's his game to win or lose, he comes up bigger. I never understood how anyone questioned his ability on offense.

I know he has stepped up some, but I think he can still do more. I think he should average about 15 attempts a game. With his level of efficiency, that would put him in the 20's. I am certain he can do it. He will have off nights like last night, but not every other game.

PacerMan
01-29-2007, 11:18 PM
I would not say his production determines the fate of the Pacers, but other than JO, I doubt anyone else can make as much impact.

Prior to last night, DG had an average of 20ppg since the trade. He had his very best game the night we were short handed. I think that says a lot, particularly since he shot for a high pct. When he knows it's his game to win or lose, he comes up bigger. I never understood how anyone questioned his ability on offense.

I know he has stepped up some, but I think he can still do more. I think he should average about 15 attempts a game. With his level of efficiency, that would put him in the 20's. I am certain he can do it. He will have off nights like last night, but not every other game.

He could make it easier if he'd put the ball on the court more often. they are playing to his jumper now, go around them and dunk the ball. That does marvelous things to your shooting %!