PDA

View Full Version : OK splain it to me

indygeezer
01-28-2007, 10:18 PM
the cable rule that is. Digital cable via Comcast. Both newspaper and other sources say I can view this on FSN Indy......sound no pix (channel 202) Normal FSN channel had college game on.

Please 'splain it to me Lucy.

Evan_The_Dude
01-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Um, they were wrong. It was on ESPN...

MagicRat
01-28-2007, 10:22 PM
It was ESPN (I assume that's what you meant).

202 is ESPN HD. If you have a regular cable box you probably only got the sound because the cable box can't output the hd signal.....

Los Angeles
01-28-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm not Lucy but I'll give it a try.

If the game is on a national network (in this case ESPN), then it will not be shown on FSMW due to the conflict. Same for TNT, ABC, etc.

If you have league pass and the game is on one of those channels or even NBATV, the local feed is blacked out.

indygeezer
01-28-2007, 10:26 PM
I was on ESPN????

NOTHING said anything about THAT!:mad:

MagicRat
01-28-2007, 10:29 PM
I was on ESPN????

NOTHING said anything about THAT!:mad:

Then how'd you get to 202?

Bball
01-28-2007, 10:31 PM
My edition of the Star said the game was on ESPN. I watched on ESPN-HD without a problem and I assume regular ESPN didn't have any problems with the game broadcast either.

-Bball

Roaming Gnome
01-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I was also freaking out that I couldn't find the game on FSN. I re-checked my copy of the Star and it said ESPN.

Will Galen
01-29-2007, 03:11 AM
It was also posted on here that the game was on ESPN, that's why I knew.

You're just living up to your forum name Geezer. (grin)

indygeezer
01-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Then how'd you get to 202?

channel flipping

indygeezer
01-29-2007, 08:41 AM
It was also posted on here that the game was on ESPN, that's why I knew.

You're just living up to your forum name Geezer. (grin)

prick

indygeezer
01-29-2007, 08:42 AM
I was also freaking out that I couldn't find the game on FSN. I re-checked my copy of the Star and it said ESPN.

The Star Pacer story said FSN and so did the TV section of the paper.

Putnam
01-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Geezer, if there was a game all season that you were going to miss because of programming confusion, this is the one you wanted to miss.

Yuck.

Will Galen
01-29-2007, 10:14 AM
prick

Dag gum Geezer, you can't remember anything! It's Will, not Rick, and Rick doesn't have a 'P' in it. No wonder you missed the game!

indygeezer
01-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Dag gum Geezer, you can't remember anything! It's Will, not Rick, and Rick doesn't have a 'P' in it. No wonder you missed the game!

Will...I was actually laughing out loud at that. :D snicker snicker snort

Oh gee...I was sorry to hear it was only going to be 68 in Miami today...are you poor babies getting a chill?

Will Galen
01-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Oh gee...I was sorry to hear it was only going to be 68 in Miami today...are you poor babies getting a chill?

Well . . . the good news is I no longer have my air conditioner running.

basketballwacko2
01-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Indygeezer that avatar picture is really funny.

Slick Pinkham
01-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Well . . . the good news is I no longer have my air conditioner running.

We have not turned on the heat yet this winter, and only 3 days of running the air conditioning since mid-November, basically to de-humidify the house around Christmas.

It's funny to watch the locals put on the scarves, hats, and mittens when it gets in the low 50s in the early AM when taking the kids to the bus stop.

If it stays "cold" I might have to wear a long sleeved shirt for the first time this winter.

MagicRat
01-29-2007, 04:02 PM
channel flipping

Shoulda taken it back around the horn.....

Will Galen
01-29-2007, 04:14 PM
We have not turned on the heat yet this winter, and only 3 days of running the air conditioning since mid-November, basically to de-humidify the house around Christmas.

It's funny to watch the locals put on the scarves, hats, and mittens when it gets in the low 50s in the early AM when taking the kids to the bus stop.

If it stays "cold" I might have to wear a long sleeved shirt for the first time this winter.

Every winter there's a picture in the newspaper of people on the beach. The contrast is the locals in their winter clothes and the people from up north in their bathing suits. I was once the one with in the bathing suit, now I wear my winter clothes. You'll be there in a couple years too!

indygeezer
01-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Indygeezer that avatar picture is really funny.

Thank you........my idea......MagicRat's handiwork.

ChicagoJ
01-29-2007, 07:22 PM

I guess it got into the teens here in Altanta last night. Ick.