PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Al: Lose weight, rebound more

imawhat
01-27-2007, 07:14 PM
This is carried over from Unclebuck's post in the random thoughts thread, but I thought it was a relevant issue while he was here.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/index

Memo to Al: Lose weight, rebound more (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?blogid=39&entry_id=12978)

From Janny Hu of the Sporting Green/Chronicle staff.

Warriors coach Don Nelson wants Al Harrington to drop about 10 to 15 pounds, so he's having the forward run before and after practices to get in shape. Harrington admitted to being gassed after his first game in Nelson's run-run-run system.

"It's totally different," he said of being in Nellie-shape. "I woke up the next morning and I left like I was in a fight. Everything hurt."

No word on if he'll be suspended for failing to meet body fat standards. (But bonus points to you for getting that reference).

Some concern is also popping up about Harrington's rebounding, or lack thereof. He's never been great on the boards, especially on the defense end, where his career average is a lean 4.0 rpg. He had only rebound against the Lakers on Monday and four against the Nets on Wednesday, and three of those came of the offensive glass.
Though Nelson and Harrington have had "a little chat" about the low rebounding numbers, it's safe to say that Harrington won't be getting the Matt Barnes treatment and find himself benched for a day.
Not now. Not ever.

CableKC
01-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Funny how we thought that Harrington would be a solid rebounding and defensive Player when he came to Indy :shrug: . Now, he and Antoine "the doughboy" Walker share something in common :rofl:

tora tora
01-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Don Nelson's great, Carlisle wouldn't ever dare tell Harrington to do something like that. Carlisle is a cream puff.

Anthem
01-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Interesting. Could be just what Al needs.

LG33
01-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Funny how we thought that Harrington would be a solid rebounding and defensive Player when he came to Indy :shrug: . Now, he and Antoine "the doughboy" Walker share something in common :rofl:

Antoine Walker is the only NBA player who could every get away with doing the "shimmy". No one else could touch that move (and for good reason). And I must say, his ability to miss lay-ups is virtually unmatched by anyone in the league, including our boy Jeff Foster.

speakout4
01-27-2007, 10:34 PM
If Al turns into a fairly good rebounder I will be pissed because he could have done that here.

Anthem
01-27-2007, 11:03 PM
If Al turns into a fairly good rebounder I will be pissed because he could have done that here.
I've got money that says he won't.

speakout4
01-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I've got money that says he won't.

I always thought that al was lazy but now I know he is fat and lazy.
P.S. I like the new rule.

BTW Al has 14 points in the first half of the first quarter tonight against charlotte