PDA

View Full Version : Quise Injured

TheDon
01-27-2007, 03:47 AM
according to Pacers.com quise hasn't even been able to practice with the team the last two days. I say rest him and then lets go get detroit.

Will Galen
01-27-2007, 04:09 AM
He's listed day to day, and the docs have the say whether he's fit to play or not. They ruled Tins out of the one game he missed. It seems they are being more careful with players than they used to be. At Daniels age he doesn't need rest.

CableKC
01-27-2007, 04:46 AM
Does it say what happened?

I don't recall him getting injured or anything.

LoneGranger33
01-27-2007, 09:21 AM
We're going to need all the shooting guards we can get to throw at that monster of a player Fred Jones! He is a dunk contest champion after all!

I hope Daniels plays though - he's been starting to get consistent with his game and an injury is the last thing we need. Who would start at SG? Also, would him sitting mean that Rawle "Human Toothpick" Marshall is gonna get some time? That guy is dangerously thin. Like, for real(z).

Unclebuck
01-27-2007, 09:52 AM
I remember when he came up limping in the Heat game - not sure how he injured it, but he was noticeably limping. He did continue to play - but he was struggling a little

Will Galen
01-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Tendinitis in his left knee.

Evan_The_Dude
01-27-2007, 11:27 AM
We're going to need all the shooting guards we can get to throw at that monster of a player Fred Jones! He is a dunk contest champion after all!

I hope Daniels plays though - he's been starting to get consistent with his game and an injury is the last thing we need. Who would start at SG? Also, would him sitting mean that Rawle "Human Toothpick" Marshall is gonna get some time? That guy is dangerously thin. Like, for real(z).

If Daniels can't play, then Marshall definitely should. Their games mirror eachother anyway.

BlueNGold
01-27-2007, 12:01 PM

Reggie Miller was a human toothpick and found his way in the NBA.

If Rawle could only play forward, it might be an issue. However, his best position is guard. Also, Rawle is pretty physical for a lean player. I just don't think it's an issue at all.

Jermaniac
01-27-2007, 12:14 PM
If Daniels can't play, then Marshall definitely should. Their games mirror eachother anyway.Yeah they mirror eachother only problem is that Quis does all those things 5 times better.

mcampbellarch
01-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Can one of you in the know give a thumbnail sketch on Marshall?
I am definitely a fan of Quis for his ability in 'scramble' plays. Although, if the team can afford it I think the younger guys getting some experience can only help in the long run. Having one more guy that can get the ball up the court will offer options when DA wears down or Tinsley is struggling.

FYI - Michigan vs IU on espn shortly

avoidingtheclowns
01-27-2007, 12:38 PM
albeit not until lately for the pacers. i'd like to see rawle get a few more minutes than he has been. i know its tough right now while integrating TM MDJ ID, but i think it would be good.

Unclebuck
01-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I haven't seen any evidence that Marshall can make the scoring pass like Marquis can. Marshall is more athletic, and much more explosive going to the rim.

odeez
01-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Rawle's got game, but the kid hasn't really played this season. Practice is one thing, a real game is another. Quis will probably play anyway.

Jon Theodore
01-27-2007, 02:01 PM
I'd like to see Rawle get some minutes anyways or can Granger play the 2 with Williams sliding into the three?

Naptown_Seth
01-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I haven't seen any evidence that Marshall can make the scoring pass like Marquis can. Marshall is more athletic, and much more explosive going to the rim.
Perfectly said.

Quis also has the scat-back dribble drive (I'm gonna trademark that at this point ;) ), that Marshall does not. Rawle is a more traditional slasher, and that's where you see that explosiveness. He'll throw one down with authority coming in from the wing or on the break.

Their similarity is that both are better going toward the basket than spotting up, and not in the sense that the shooting is so bad that anything else is better. Both are above average (Quis pretty strong actually) at going to the lane/rim.

But Marshall does lack that passing that Quis has. Oh well, DunDun's passing has been starting to mesh with the team, so it might be fine.

Don't overlook Toronto. They had just as tough an early schedule and appear to be the real deal, at least a slightly over .500 team much like the Pacers. Home vs Road is the main advantage in their pairings IMO. Not having Quis definitely hurts a close matchup.

CableKC
01-27-2007, 04:27 PM
I've got a feeling that we are going to see a noticeable difference in our game if Marquis has to sit tonight.