PDA

View Full Version : The Playoffs Start Tonight

ROCislandWarrior
05-12-2004, 02:04 PM
I am sure we all atleast somewhat agree with that.

I am glad, maybe now we will see the real Pacers.

JO has to become that solid ancore we could always count on. He did a good job in game 3, except his shooting was still poor (I have no idea how many points he would've had if he could make a damn shot).

Al has to do something, anything, his Offense has been..."off" to put it kindly.

Rick, please, Jamaal is a big boy, let him play or put Kenny in NOT AJ.

I can't wait to see how this team responds.

bulletproof
05-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Being up 2-1 doesn't really put a team's resolve on the line. When a team's back is against the wall is when you see what they're really made of. If Miami ties up the series tonight, then it'll start to get interesting.

BillS
05-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Have I said I don't want interesting? I think I've said I don't want interesting. Just in case I haven't said I don't want interesting, let it be said that I don't want interesting.

By the way, I don't want interesting.

ChicagoJ
05-12-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm a believer that a playoff series doesn't start until somebody loses at home.

So far, Indiana and Miami have just defended thier homecourt. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Tonight will be fun but I wouldn't put too much emphasis on a lower-seeded team winning Game #3 at home.

:cool:

Ragnar
05-12-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm a believer that a playoff series doesn't start until somebody loses at home.

So far, Indiana and Miami have just defended thier homecourt. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Tonight will be fun but I wouldn't put too much emphasis on a lower-seeded team winning Game #3 at home.

The funny thing is that we have probably put as much or more stock in that than the Pistons have in losing 2 games to the Nets.

ROCislandWarrior
05-12-2004, 03:08 PM

That is why it will be interesting to see how they respond, I am confident that they will come out and handle their business in game 4.

ChicagoJ
05-12-2004, 03:09 PM

The funny thing is that we have probably put as much or more stock in that than the Pistons have in losing 2 games to the Nets.

I know. I've almost felt like I was the even-keeled, or God forbid, optimistic one around here lately.

:blush:

Unclebuck
05-12-2004, 03:50 PM

Jay, I have heard that old adage for years, and I used to agree with it a little, but I don't anymore. The Pacers, Pistons, and Spurs could very well win their series even before they "start".

ChicagoJ
05-12-2004, 05:19 PM

Jay, I have heard that old adage for years, and I used to agree with it a little, but I don't anymore. The Pacers, Pistons, and Spurs could very well win their series even before they "start".

I'm just saying that Miami - winning game 3, at home = :unimpressed: