PDA

View Full Version : Planning to watch the P's game

ppjoey
05-12-2004, 12:18 PM
I am a Pacers fan (for ten years) from Taiwan

It happens that I will attend a meeting at Boston at May 19-22, it's a great chance for me to watch one or two P's game after the meeting. (It will be the first P's game in my life :) )

Here are couple of questions:

1.Did the NBA officials announce the schedule of the ECF already?
I guess game one is at May 22(Saturday), game two at May 24.
Is the game at Saturday starts at noon?

(Yes, I know the 2nd round game is not over yet, but the travel agent ask me to arrange the whole trip in advance so that I can buy a cheaper plane ticket.)

2.Suppose I will stay at Indy for 4 days so that I can watch two home games, do any of you can give me some suggestion of the rest of my trip?
(well, the biggest trouble is that I can't drive :( )

3.How soon will the ECF's game tickets be sold out? Which section is recommended for mid-level price tickets?

Any suggestion is welcome. Hope I can realize this trip and go home with a 2-0 P's lead in ECF :)

Unclebuck
05-12-2004, 01:03 PM
First let me say I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but I can give you my best guess.

The ECF tickets will be sold likely within an hour that the go on sale.

5/22 is a good guess as to when the ECF will start. Although it could start on 5/20. If Pacers win in 5, Sat, and either Nets or pistons win in 6, Sunday, then I would think they will start the ECF on thursday 5/20

With the Finals slated to start Sunday 6/6, and with the western conference finals one day ahead of the east, there is a somwhat limited period of time to play the ECF, won't be any long delays between games.

The Saturday game would likely be at 7:00, 7:30 or maybe 8:00. Won't be during the day.

ppjoey
05-12-2004, 02:24 PM
The ECF tickets will be sold likely within an hour that the go on sale.

5/22 is a good guess as to when the ECF will start. Although it could start on 5/20. If Pacers win in 5, Sat, and either Nets or pistons win in 6, Sunday, then I would think they will start the ECF on thursday 5/20

thanks!

sold out within one hour!?!? OMG
Will they announce the on sale time/date before they start to sell the tickets?
I'm really afraid that I can't get the ticket, since I am about to make the reservation for the plane ticket and hotel

oh, btw, I just find that ESPN is advertising the broadcast of ECF

Game 1 5/22
Game 2 5/24
Game 3 5/26
Game 4 5/28
Game 5 5/30
Game 6 6/1
Game 7 6/3

don't know if this is official

ABADays
05-12-2004, 02:57 PM
You know what, if I were you I would email the Pacers office. This could be a good story for them traveling as far as you are.

BTW - welcome to the board.

Unclebuck
05-12-2004, 03:02 PM
thanks!

sold out within one hour!?!? OMG
Will they announce the on sale time/date before they start to sell the tickets?
I'm really afraid that I can't get the ticket, since I am about to make the reservation for the plane ticket and hotel

oh, btw, I just find that ESPN is advertising the broadcast of ECF

Game 1 5/22
Game 2 5/24
Game 3 5/26
Game 4 5/28
Game 5 5/30
Game 6 6/1
Game 7 6/3

don't know if this is official

keep in mind that they have already sold the ECF to season ticket holders. I would guess with full, half, and 10 game season tickets holders, they have probably already sold 14k-15k.

Tickets go on sale as soon as the Pacers win the Miami series. Although I don't know for sure if they wait until the next morning or if tickemaster takes orders immedietely.

Whther you can buy tickets for the game or not, you can always buy tickets from a scalper on the street before the game, or from a ticket broker.

if that schedule holds the Pacers will play game #5 at home on race day, although I assume the game will be on Sunday night

Stryder
05-12-2004, 03:06 PM
You know what, if I were you I would email the Pacers office. This could be a good story for them traveling as far as you are.

BTW - welcome to the board.

An excellent idea! Welcome, also!

ChicagoJ
05-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Your schedule looks right. For all practical purposes, its ESPN that sets the ECF schedule television schedule.

The Finals are locked into a June 6 start date, so although they could move the ECF up by two days to 5/20, they almost certainly won't. As long as any of the four conference semi's runs the full seven games, there's no benefit to moving up only one of the conference finals.

Hoop
05-12-2004, 07:01 PM
The last home game against Miami they sold standing room only tickets and the scalpers always have tickets for sell.

ppjoey
05-18-2004, 11:19 PM
Thanks for all of the advise for me!
I arrived at Boston after a total 20+ hours flight to Boston today and already got the tix for ECF game 1 & game 2!!

Go! Pacers! See you at the consecofieldhouse :dance:

BostonConnection
05-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Thanks for all of the advise for me!
I arrived at Boston after a total 20+ hours flight to Boston today and already got the tix for ECF game 1 & game 2!!

Go! Pacers! See you at the consecofieldhouse :dance:

Welcome to Boston, ppjoey, and have a great time watching the ECFs in Indy! I'm jealous! ;) :D