PDA

View Full Version : Will the Pistons fans now kindly STFU!

NewYawk
05-12-2004, 09:51 AM
I respect Detroit. Good team. Great coach. But the fans that linger around here that root for Detroit need to STFU. The sereis Detroit is stuck in will most likely go seven games, and Detroit may win. But this BS crap about Detroit being such a dominant defensive team is just that... crap. The Pistons just got their tails handed to them on the road.

Beaten... soundly.

And, once again, their main problem is they do not have a superstar player who can score when the team NEEDS points.

It's time for some humility Detroit fans. It's time to STFU, and let your team proof they can win, because, as we have told you from day one, Detroit has GLARING weaknessness. And NJ is taking full advantage of them.

On the flip side, the Heat are a classy team. SVG is an excellent coach. Hopefully, we can squeeze out a tough win tonight.

Ragnar
05-12-2004, 09:54 AM
I wondered how long it would be before anyone started a thread like this one. So much for the Pistons waiting on us to end our series. :cool:

able
05-12-2004, 10:02 AM
I only noticed the relative silence after their first loss in NJ, the deafening silence now is even more telling.

Twice in a row they got their butt handed to them, hard to maintain you gonna "sweep" them out of revenge and that Chauncey "will take Kidd to the cleaners" uhhh I believe JK had a triple double last night ?

Rooting is one, modesty not always a blessing, but ... talk strong on your own turf, be mdoest outside the door.

Liquid Slap
05-12-2004, 10:07 AM
So does that mean Indy fans STFU if they lose tonight?? That's ludicrous. Nothing wrong with having faith in your team. Until the series is over, fans and teams can way whatever they want. You win some you lose some. The loss yesterday just makes it a best of 3 series now and we still have homecourt advantage. I never said we were sweeping. I knew we would lose some. I do know the series is going to the Pistons. After that, it's on to the ECFs and I have no clue who is going to win. I have faith in my team though.

naptownmenace
05-12-2004, 10:19 AM
I honestly believe that Detroit peaked a bit too soon. They were really clicking during March and April, playing perfect defense and taking the opposition away from whatever they wanted to do.

However, teams have had a chance to analyze their team and discover weaknesses in their defensive scheme. Jason Kidd, the last two games hasn't had a single problem with Detroit's trapping defense, in fact he's virtually killing them every time they try to pressure him.

If you can break their press, score against them, and limit your turnovers, you can defeat the Pistons. The Pistons halfcourt offense isn't that good, so by limiting your turnovers you keep them from scoring in transition, where they have become very good at that.

They will have trouble with NJ because their offensive style of play is very similar to theirs. In fact, I didn't realize how much the Pistons' offense resembles the Nets' before this series. It'll be interesting to see what adjustments Larry Brown can make before their pivotal game 5.

And yes, maybe the Piston fans will come back down to earth a bit. At least maybe the cockiness will diminish.

Slick Pinkham
05-12-2004, 10:24 AM
So does that mean Indy fans STFU if they lose tonight?? That's ludicrous. Nothing wrong with having faith in your team.

It's one thing to lose on the road, and another to be absolutely dominated and blown out of the building on the road, twice in a row. The Pacers were in game 3. The Pistons were never in contention in games 3 & 4.

It should concern you that IF you make it to the next round, the home court advantage is GONE and you are looking pretty inept without it.

able
05-12-2004, 10:26 AM
It was not the few regulars here that "behave" (though Kstat lately......)

It was the trolls and some of the newbies that came in, they were sure (btw just like Kstat) that this was gonna be sweet revenge sweep.

Even the one loss was seen as an accident, the second one has shown it wasn't.

Will the P fans shut up when we lose again if that happens tonight ?

I hope not, see, that is the difference, this is a Pacers Fans board, so we are expected to talk about them and preferably in a positive sense, not only doom, we comment, when we disagree, or think we know better, or just feel they are doing something wrong or we just feel want to to comment :D but we like to do that ourselves and with some form of respect.

At the moment the Pistons have a lot of work ahead of them, at least two more games, so have the Pacers who can still end it earlier, which I hope they will do.

In the end I still would put my money on a Paceres vs Pistons ECF.
(and a Pacers vs Spurs final :) )

nothing personal, just "setting the record straight"

Ragnar
05-12-2004, 10:26 AM
If Tinsley playes big minutes and there is no entire quarter with AJ and the Heat still win then yes I would start to worry about the Pacers.

Liquid Slap
05-12-2004, 10:29 AM
So does that mean Indy fans STFU if they lose tonight?? That's ludicrous. Nothing wrong with having faith in your team.

It's one thing to lose on the road, and another to be absolutely dominated and blown out of the building on the road, twice in a row. The Pacers were in game 3. The Pistons were never in contention in games 3 & 4.

It should concern you that IF you make it to the next round, the home court advantage is GONE and you are looking pretty inept without it.

A loss is a loss. Whether you lose by 1 or 20, the other teams gets the "W". The Rockets were close in every game they played. They are still watching from home now. You guys may have been in the game but the record for this series is 2-1. By the way, I like the Pacers, so I am not trying to bash them in any type of way.

bulletproof
05-12-2004, 10:33 AM
So does that mean Indy fans STFU if they lose tonight?? That's ludicrous. Nothing wrong with having faith in your team. Until the series is over, fans and teams can way whatever they want. You win some you lose some. The loss yesterday just makes it a best of 3 series now and we still have homecourt advantage. I never said we were sweeping. I knew we would lose some. I do know the series is going to the Pistons. After that, it's on to the ECFs and I have no clue who is going to win. I have faith in my team though.

It's one thing to have faith in your team, and quite another to behave like...Lakers fans. Which is what a lot of Pistons fans did after you signed Sheed. Suddenly there was this sense of entitlement that is quite off putting.

Liquid Slap
05-12-2004, 10:37 AM
It was not the few regulars here that "behave" (though Kstat lately......)

It was the trolls and some of the newbies that came in, they were sure (btw just like Kstat) that this was gonna be sweet revenge sweep.

Even the one loss was seen as an accident, the second one has shown it wasn't.

Will the P fans shut up when we lose again if that happens tonight ?

I hope not, see, that is the difference, this is a Pacers Fans board, so we are expected to talk about them and preferably in a positive sense, not only doom, we comment, when we disagree, or think we know better, or just feel they are doing something wrong or we just feel want to to comment :D but we like to do that ourselves and with some form of respect.

At the moment the Pistons have a lot of work ahead of them, at least two more games, so have the Pacers who can still end it earlier, which I hope they will do.

In the end I still would put my money on a Paceres vs Pistons ECF.
(and a Pacers vs Spurs final :) )

nothing personal, just "setting the record straight"

All that is respected and there is nothing wrong with it.

I hope the ECFs turn out to be the way you predict. Even though I want a different finals matchup :)

Liquid Slap
05-12-2004, 10:41 AM

It's one thing to have faith in your team, and quite another to behave like...Lakers fans. Which is what a lot of Pistons fans did after you signed Sheed. Suddenly there was this sense of entitlement that is quite off putting.

Well the Pistons and fans felt they were a threat before the trade. Of course you are going to think you are better with Sheed now. You are also getting things confused. The media is what started to boast the Pistons as Finals favorites after the trade. They ranted and raved over it more than the Pistons fans. Alot of Pistons fans didn't even want him here.

Will Galen
05-12-2004, 10:45 AM
. . . I do know the series is going to the Pistons. . .

In no way shape or form do you KNOW what will happen! It's just talk. And that's what people on this forum are telling you but you're not listening!

The only thing you and your fellow Piston fans are accomplishing on here is making a lot of Pacer fans, (most who actually like the Detroit franchise) hope your team loses!

In other words you're sounding like Laker fans without reason!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Will Galen
05-12-2004, 10:47 AM

I just read this! Proof that great minds think alike! :D

Liquid Slap
05-12-2004, 10:50 AM
. . . I do know the series is going to the Pistons. . .

In no way shape or form do you KNOW what will happen! It's just talk. And that's what people on this forum are telling you but you're not listening!

The only thing you and your fellow Piston fans are accomplishing on here is making a lot of Pacer fans, (most who actually like the Detroit franchise) hope your team loses!

In other words you're sounding like Laker fans without reason!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What's the difference in me saying the Pistons are going to win our series and Pacer fans saying they are going to win theirs?? I love a good discussion :)

Will Galen
05-12-2004, 10:59 AM
What's the difference in me saying the Pistons are going to win our series and Pacer fans saying they are going to win theirs?? I love a good discussion :)

Any Pacer fans that KNOW the Pacers are going to win are full of hot air!

The difference is the choice of words. If you would say you are pretty sure the Pistons will win the series we might disagree with you, but you wouldn't come across as being full of youeself.

Liquid Slap
05-12-2004, 11:07 AM

Any Pacer fans that KNOW the Pacers are going to win are full of hot air!

The difference is the choice of words. If you would say you are pretty sure the Pistons will win the series we might disagree with you, but you wouldn't come across as being full of youeself.

Well I take back the comment about knowing they are going to win; But I am pretty sure they are going to win though :champions:

Will Galen
05-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Well I take back the comment about knowing they are going to win; But I am pretty sure they are going to win though :champions:

Very Good!

Old as Dirt
05-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Instead of throwing barbs at each others fams, I believe that both groups should be more concerned about the series they are in at present. I hope both of the teams are more concerned about there oppenants, at present than who they might be playing against in the next round, there might not be another round.

PaceBalls
05-12-2004, 12:46 PM
I like seeing the few Pistons fans that hang out here, usually there is good discussion.
Pacers > Pistons

ROCislandWarrior
05-12-2004, 01:01 PM
I like seeing the few Pistons fans that hang out here, usually there is good discussion.
Pacers > Pistons

same here, its nice to get an outsiders perspective from a team that we respect. I think many of us like to put on the "blue and yellow" glasses and the pistons fans remind us that there are other teams in this leauge.

Suaveness
05-12-2004, 01:51 PM
So in all of this discussion...

can someone tell me what STFU means?

ROCislandWarrior
05-12-2004, 01:52 PM

Its an acronym for Shut the (explitive) Up

Suaveness
05-12-2004, 01:56 PM

ohhhh....i see

bulletproof
05-12-2004, 01:59 PM

ohhhh....i see

As you can tell, New Yawk is one of our more eloquent posters.

Liquid Slap
05-12-2004, 02:00 PM

Hey here's a difference. YOU are on a PACERS board! :idea: :laugh: :pepper:

But I am a Pacers fan :rolleyes:

NewYawk
05-12-2004, 02:31 PM

ohhhh....i see

Oh! I'm sorry if I offended you, Bullet. I'll use language more appropriate for you:

"Would you haughty Piston chaps kindly remove yourselfs from all this discussion in regards to your basketball team's performance in the most recent National Basketball Association playoff tournament? Thanks are in order. Golly good. Cheerio!"

There. How's that?

:unimpressed:

ROCislandWarrior
05-12-2004, 02:33 PM

ohhhh....i see

Oh! I'm sorry if I offended you, Bullet. I'll use language more appropriate for you:

"Would you haughty Piston chaps kindly remove yourselfs from all this discussion in regards to your basketball team's performance in the most recent National Basketball Association playoff tournament? Thanks are in order. Golly good. Cheerio!"

There. How's that?

:rotflmao:

This thread is too good!

:lurk:

ABADays
05-12-2004, 02:40 PM
In the blue and red conna, from Detroit . . . . (fill in the blank)

In the blue and yellow conna, hailing from Indianapolis . . . (fill in the blank)

:boxer:

TheSauceMaster
05-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Instead of throwing barbs at each others fans, I believe that both groups should be more concerned about the series they are in at present. I hope both of the teams are more concerned about there oppenants, at present than who they might be playing against in the next round, there might not be another round.

Yep we could be very well in the same boat tonight , I don't think we will but anything can happen tonight ask the Spurs and the Pistons and I think the Kings will win tonight to tie up that series.

I am more worried about the Pacers and 100% focused on seeing them make it too the ECF , Not worrying about who were gonna play in the ECF or even in the Finals, this series ins't in the Bank yet ;) When we win 4 I will think about the ECF , but remember we are 1 game away from being in the same boat as the other teams.

bulletproof
05-12-2004, 03:15 PM

ohhhh....i see

There. How's that?

That's funny, but you didn't offend me. So lighten the :censor: up. :P

sc
05-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Y'all need to just relax, it is just a game people. Pure entertainment, not life and death.

rabid
05-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Y'all need to just relax, it is just a game people. Pure entertainment, not life and death.

HEATHEN!!!!

:pity:

Artestaholic
05-12-2004, 05:57 PM
I really wanna whip Detroit in the ECF so I hope they win the series, but if they lose then damn I'll be laughing my *** off. All the hype and trashtalk and cant even get out of the 2nd round :neutral:

Liquid Slap
05-12-2004, 11:44 PM
I really wanna whip Detroit in the ECF so I hope they win the series, but if they lose then damn I'll be laughing my *** off. All the hype and trashtalk and cant even get out of the 2nd round :neutral:

Ummm...Don't speak too soon man.

indygeezer
05-12-2004, 11:51 PM
yeah, looks like we both stubbed our toes don't it? But it's destiny...we'll both be there. I mean TELEVISION has GOT to want the Brown v. Carlisle grudgematch made for television hype show of shows...don't they???