PDA

View Full Version : Kiss of Death by the Chuckster (Nets/Pistons Game 4 Thread)

Hicks
05-11-2004, 09:18 PM
He picked us last night, he picked the Kings last night, and he missed one before that as well I believe.

Now at half-time, he's got Detroit coming back to win this one. :devil:

kerosene
05-11-2004, 09:23 PM
On Sunday he said that both New Jersey and Miami were done and were in "don't get swept mode". Hence, the loss by both Detroit and Indiana.

Hicks
05-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Like I said: Kiss of Death. 77-56 Nets at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Detroit can still win, but it ain't gonna be easy tonight.

bulletproof
05-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Like I said: Kiss of Death. 77-56 Nets at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Detroit can still win, but it ain't gonna be easy tonight.

Oh, I have no doubt Detroit is gonna come back and win this. :devil:

TheSauceMaster
05-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Nets should pull this out , it's a 7 game series or the first team to steal a game on the opponents floor .

zxc
05-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Nice to see Detroit being somewhat humbled the last two games. Though not that nice since we lost yesterday.. but ah well.

bulletproof
05-11-2004, 10:45 PM
*sighs*

this must be "underdog day" or something......Richard Jefferson suddenly became Reggie Miller..... :unimpressed:

FIne with me, Nets will take the same shots they took today and will hit about %25, because frankly most of their shots were crap. :D

The Nets can enjoy their last win of the year. It'll be more fun eliminating them in Detroit anyhow, :)

:peak:

Kstat
05-11-2004, 10:46 PM
A team that only plays 7 guys isnt going to win on the road. The Nets get away with that at home, itll affect them on the road.

I'm a little disturbed how we went on a HISTORIC binge of missing wide open threes. The Nets dont have any control over that.

Ah well, its a series again. Philly did that to us last year and we won games 5 and 6.

Oh, and the same shots NJ hit last game they missed this time around. They got a big lead because we started playing retarded with the ball. We played fine defense, but hey, NJ will win the nba title if they keep playing at that level. But they wont, so I dont worry.

Hicks
05-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Gotta give props to the Nets. They played pretty well at home to tie this thing up.

sweabs
05-11-2004, 11:08 PM
NJ played a real emotional game - and when you got Kidd with a triple double you know you're in good shape.
Kenyon was intense on defense, and the crowd at Continental Airlines was rockin.

Give em credit!

PaceBalls
05-11-2004, 11:20 PM
I think it safe to say the Pistons arent the clear cut favorite for the finals ... like SOOO many have said. Hell, I have serious doubts they can beat NJ. Tough matchups. Jkidd, he is good...

TheSauceMaster
05-11-2004, 11:22 PM
damn it I can find a email to tell chuckster to keep his mouth shut about us tommorow

sweabs
05-11-2004, 11:28 PM
damn it I can find a email to tell chuckster to keep his mouth shut about us tommorow

:laugh: :o :mad:

Shade
05-11-2004, 11:28 PM
I like Chuck and all, but it's amazing he hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut when it comes to halftime predictions. I'll bet teams are cursing him. :laugh:

Shade
05-11-2004, 11:31 PM
A team that only plays 7 guys isnt going to win on the road. The Nets get away with that at home, itll affect them on the road.

I'm a little disturbed how we went on a HISTORIC binge of missing wide open threes. The Nets dont have any control over that.

Ah well, its a series again. Philly did that to us last year and we won games 5 and 6.

Oh, and the same shots NJ hit last game they missed this time around. They got a big lead because we started playing retarded with the ball. We played fine defense, but hey, NJ will win the nba title if they keep playing at that level. But they wont, so I dont worry.

That's because Detroit is not loaded with three point shooters. I thought they learned that against the Bucks? :confused:

Detroit has an awesome halfcourt defense, but their transition defense struggles against quick teams and their offense is possibly the worst of the remaining teams. This series is going the full 7.

Kegboy
05-12-2004, 01:00 AM

My sister said the same thing. Good news though. The game's on ESPN, so Charles won't be on.

TheSauceMaster
05-12-2004, 01:10 AM

My sister said the same thing. Good news though. The game's on ESPN, so Charles won't be on.

Yes , it will also be on WB 4 ....thanks for reminding me
But game 5 is on TNT I think :unimpressed:

Will Galen
05-12-2004, 01:32 AM

They only have to play at that level for two of the next three games and the Pistons are toast. I would be worried if Detroit were my team!

TheSauceMaster
05-12-2004, 01:35 AM
I wont be too harsh on Detriot I expected it too be 2-2 , remember we could be in the same situation tomorrow so I will reserve and comments for now :laugh:

TheSauceMaster
05-12-2004, 01:45 AM
Ekk , Charles uttered he didn't watch Eatern Confrence games unless it was Indiana as Indiana is his favorite Team ...stop it please charles :unimpressed:

pacerchic
05-12-2004, 09:17 AM
so...the slogan of the day is.......(drumroll).....

Shut the chuck up!!

:devil:

DisplacedKnick
05-12-2004, 09:32 AM
I figured all along this would be a 7-game, homecourt series.

Looks like LA-SA will turn out the same. In each case, whoever wins game 5 will take it.

Sacto-Minn's gonna be the most interesting one to figure out.

Suaveness
05-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Ewww....who would want a kiss from Barkley? :puke:

JOneal7
05-12-2004, 02:59 PM
JO Predicted victory for us tonight when i saw him. So i'll go on that :)