PDA

View Full Version : If We End Up Keeping Our Pick?

TheDon
01-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I know what most of you are thinking "The East is weak we'll make it into the playoffs." But for the sake of this thread lets just speculate.

We honestly are just a backcourt player or two from being a fantastic team in my belief I would love to get Ridnour onto our team but not quite at the expense of Tinsley. We TRIED bringin Sarunas in to making Tinsley compete for his starting spot but that never materialized, although I think Ridnour could.

This draft looks to be really REALLY forward heavy but there are some intriguing players in the draft that I would love to have on this team that "could" be in the draft cause I know a lot of people like to bring up the retort "who has declared for the draft?"

Kevin Durant(I know he's a SF but how can you pass that up?), Marcus Williams (we couldn't possibly pass on the guy twice :laugh:), Corey Brewer, and Daquan Cook....your thoughts?

Frank Slade
01-22-2007, 06:36 PM
We do not have our '07 1st rd Pick - Traded to Atl

07-08's 2nd rounders are now Portland's as well.

Although we get PHX's 08 2nd rounder.

Edit: Never mind I assume you mean if we fall into the high lottery bracket this year.

ajbry
01-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Brandon Rush would be pretty nice, if he declares for the draft.

TheDon
01-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Brandon Rush would be pretty nice, if he declares for the draft.

ooo yeah that'd be nice, i've seen him play a couple times this year on TV, that would be awesome.

Also maybe sometime in the future Mike Conley that would be awesome.

pwee31
01-22-2007, 07:24 PM
We do not have our '07 1st rd Pick - Traded to Atl

07-08's 2nd rounders are now Portland's as well.

Although we get PHX's 08 2nd rounder.

Edit: Never mind I assume you mean if we fall into the high lottery bracket this year.

Next year's pick is lottery protected.

Major Cold
01-22-2007, 07:25 PM
We need to get Dominic James. He won't be a top 10 but we need to trade to get a pick. Trade Shawne for the pick. Trade Shawne and DH for him. I really think he is going to be the best mid round player in 5 years.

I just looked on NBADraft.net and it has James going 27th pick in 2008, so maybe there are better options. But I have seen him play on both levels and he can be a magical player at times. Looking through his game log and I see some bad shooting nights.

Young
01-22-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't think it matters if the Pacers have their own pick or not, Bird is going to be active in this draft and try and obtain a pick if he sees a player he likes. Remember we were after Ben Gordon and Ike Diogou when they were drafted but we couldn't move up to get a pick.

I think there will be a handful of players that Bird might be after. Julian Wright, Brandon Rush, Rudy Fernandez, Corey Brewer, Dominic James, Ronald Steele, Marcus Williams, etc.

We need point guard help badly but it doesn't look like we will get it from this draft.

Robertmto
01-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Chase Budinger in 08!!!!!!