PDA

View Full Version : Rooting for your team is one thing...but disrespecting the city is another...

JOneal7
05-11-2004, 07:40 PM
At the heat game it had "Top 10 reasons why Miami is better to live in than indiana" and just some rude stuff about "what's 7 feet long with no teeth or something" ? A front row at a pacer game...
and they had something like "it's better 2 have sand between your toes than dirt in your face"
And i can't begin to tell you how many times they told me "GO BACK 2 FRENCH LICK" im like wtf?
oh that was one of the top 10 2..."2 words...french lick" or w/e...

and they had this idiot going around indiana trading heat tshirts for rides/meals and tickets and stuff..he kept saying "i'm trying to get 2 jose canseco Fieldhouse" what an idiot...
and these miami fans are ruthless! I hope we can snake one tomm.!
GO PACERS

oh yea...My new sign idea? "Top 10 reasons Miami ISN'T a better place 2 live than indy"
anyone wanna help me with em...
how does # 10 sound
Crime Rate
9. Bars on the windows

I need help :pepper:

naptownmenace
05-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Here's a good #1 reason:

1. Indiana's team can actually beat the Knicks in the Playoffs!

Ragnar
05-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Here's a good #1 reason:

1. Indiana's team can actually beat the Knicks in the Playoffs!

Ouch!!!

JOneal7 I would not worry about what the media people do with the big board. That is not the coach or the players that is some guy who's job it is to fire up and entertain the crowd.

Stan and the players have been very respectfull of the Pacers and really done nothing to draw any ire. (other than being in the way) Miami has pretty rapidly become of of my favorite teams this year. I love their hustle and the gutsy way they play.

If you are in a close game with them (like 2 points) and they have the ball they WILL hit the shot. Reminds me of the Pacers from 94-00 with the way Reggie would kill teams. You have to like and repect a team like that.

DisplacedKnick
05-12-2004, 10:33 AM
How about this:

Miami - Where Knick fans retire to

One reason we've had such success vs them (except for the suspension series when we were up 3-1) is that whenever we play in Miami the crowd's almost evenly split. Kind of funny actually.

indygeezer
05-12-2004, 11:04 AM
I'm with Ragnar, thisHeat team is pretty easy to like if you respect grit and determination. I'm actually beginning to like rian Grant. Maybe even Odom. I just fear that Wade will turn into another one of the media "darlings" ie Ivy. That would be too bad.

efx
05-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Or how about....

we don't stoop to their level. Not that I thought it was that infuriating to begin with. People here seemed to like the Kings thing the Mavs did....

Artestaholic
05-12-2004, 05:56 PM
How about
The #1 mode of transportation in Indiana is automobile. The #1 mode of transportation in Miami is a raft made of sticks or possibly a tire.
2 words....Golden Girls.
The average Miamian may have more teeth than the average Hoosier...but thats only because the average Miamian wears dentures.
Ok I suck sorry :(