PDA

View Full Version : Tinsley's streak in jeopardy

imawhat
01-22-2007, 01:46 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070122/SPORTS04/70122033/1004/SPORTS

Tinsley's streak in jeopardy
By Mike Wells
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--document.write(''+'mike.wells'+'@'+'indystar.com'+ ' (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/+)');//--></SCRIPT>mike.wells@indystar.com (mike.wells@indystar.com)

Pacers point guard Jamaal Tinsley is doubtful for tonight's game against the Chicago Bulls with a sore lower back and sinus problems.
<!-- PHOTO & FACTBOX --><!-- ARTICLE SIDEBAR --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=210 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=5>http://www.indystar.com/graphics/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD><!--MAIN PHOTO--><!--MAIN FACTS BOX--></TD><TD width=10>http://www.indystar.com/graphics/clear.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- REMAINING TEXT -->

Tinsley, who missed 114 games the past three seasons, has repeatedly said he wants to play all 82 games this season.

Coach Rick Carlisle said Tinsley has been dealing with the back injury for some time. Darrell Armstrong likely will start if Tinsley doesn't play.
<!-- TRAILER -->
Call Star reporter Mike Wells at (317) 444-6053.

flying dutchman
01-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Why doesn't this surprise me?

Trader Joe
01-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Uh oh guess Tins didn't like the trade very much. TINJURY!!!

Seed
01-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Tins missing one or two games is a non-issue. More than that could be very bad news.

Unclebuck
01-22-2007, 01:57 PM
If I don't have anything nice to say about someone I was taught long ago to say nothing, so that is what I'm going to do.

ApNeDtRiEeW
01-22-2007, 01:59 PM
A lineup without tinsley....people asked for it, now we have it.

imawhat
01-22-2007, 01:59 PM
He's the only Pacer to have played the entire season so far, so he gets credit from me.

You could tell he was fighting through the game Saturday.

bnd45
01-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Maybe tonight we can see Marquis at the 1. I know Army will probably get the start, but Daniels needs to play some point tonight.

bnd45
01-22-2007, 02:08 PM
He's the only Pacer to have played the entire season so far, so he gets credit from me.

You could tell he was fighting through the game Saturday.

Real quick: Foster, Granger and Armstrong have also played in every game.

Shade
01-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Somebody needs to plug that boy's nostrils. Sinus problems again. Yeesh.

indyman37
01-22-2007, 02:12 PM
There is a possibility that we might not have Murphy either...Pacers.com said he didn't shoot around much this morning because of a foot problem.

Doug
01-22-2007, 02:14 PM
More proof that Tinsley reads PD. He decided that since we continue to complain about his play, he'll show us what it would be like without him.

Hicks
01-22-2007, 02:15 PM
A lineup without tinsley....people asked for it, now we have it.

Woah now. I don't speak for anyone else, but as someone who isn't happy with Tinsley, I don't want a lineup without Tinsley that means choosing between Armstrong and Green. I want a new starter to be acquired.

Seed
01-22-2007, 02:17 PM
More proof that Tinsley reads PD. He decided that since we continue to complain about his play, he'll show us what it would be like without him.
Well, him spending too much time on the computer can explain the sore lower back.
But I don't quite see how the sinuses fit in.

naptownmenace
01-22-2007, 02:31 PM
TINJURY!!!

:D

That's the funniest Tinsley inspired term since "Sinupoutis".

I'm gonna put on my conspiracy hat and Oliver Stone glasses and say that this probably happened because Rick has been toying with letting Dunleavy and Quis run the point more. :spy:

Evan_The_Dude
01-22-2007, 02:36 PM
LMAO @ Tinjury

Cobol Sam
01-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Well I hope he is able to dress and play tonight. I suspect because of the types of stuff he has played through so far this season, that the 82 game goal was important to him. I wonder if maybe Rick is excusing him from the game, trying to make sure JT doesn't play himself into a worse situation.
I hope the man can come play off the bench or something tonight.

sig
01-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Is McLeod hurt?

TheDon
01-22-2007, 03:31 PM

If that's true I think he would have been gone a long time ago, cause most people while they realize that he's our best option, also would trade him in a second if the right trade came along and praising the basketball gods that we finally got rid of him. I personally am wanting either Marquis or Dunleavy to run the point, although Tinsley is our best option I don't think we should continue to drill it into his head cause he is not our ONLY option. If the team starts playing better without him consistently I think we could definately see him out of here soon. It's so fitting for someone as tinsley to be known as the tin man...no heart at all.

Hicks
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Is McLeod hurt?

Yes he is. I've read abdominal strain and I've read a groin strain. Not sure which it is (both?).

Unclebuck
01-22-2007, 03:35 PM
I've heard abdominal strain

MagicRat
01-22-2007, 03:37 PM
If I don't have anything nice to say about someone I was taught long ago to say nothing, so that is what I'm going to do.

Cowboy Bob would be so proud.....:thumbsup:

Since86
01-22-2007, 03:39 PM
The muscle groups are so close that it really doesn't matter :twocents:

It shouldn't raise the eyebrows like hearing Tinsley and "sinus problems" again should.

JayRedd
01-22-2007, 03:47 PM
I heard it was toxic shock again.

Can we get this guy an air purifier? I mean, c'mon, you grew up in Brooklyn and now you can't handle the pollution of Indianapolis?

Ragnar
01-22-2007, 04:15 PM
This figures I finally think its safe to go to a game because I know Jamaal is playing and he may be out!!!! and I have great seats too.

dlewyus
01-22-2007, 07:11 PM
I suspect those sinus problems have something to do with what he puts up his nose.

Alpolloloco
01-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I wish we still had Sarunas .....

rimock31
01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah, i must say, Tinsley going down and having to start 39 year old Armstrong with Orien Greene backing him up highlights the fact that we should have kept Sarunas. In fact, as much as I love foster, it would have been smarter to give him up since Murphy is just as much of a rebounding machine

bellisimo
01-22-2007, 07:33 PM
having suffered from the sinus problems myself...they can bog you down really bad...sadly i suffer from 'em every month dec-april :(

Roferr
01-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Tins missing one or two games is a non-issue. More than that could be very bad news.

Or very good.

Los Angeles
01-22-2007, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't exactly call 40 games a "streak". I'd call it expected from everyone.

"You're SUPPOSED to do that. What do you want, a COOKIE?" [/Chris Rock]

Since86
01-22-2007, 09:23 PM
having suffered from the sinus problems myself...they can bog you down really bad...sadly i suffer from 'em every month dec-april :(

There's surgery you can have that will correct the problem though. I bet he's in a pretty good financial situation where he can get that taken care of.

Anthem
01-22-2007, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't exactly call 40 games a "streak". I'd call it expected from everyone.

"You're SUPPOSED to do that. What do you want, a COOKIE?" [/Chris Rock]
:cookie:

In case people didn't read the game thread, Tinsley is being held out by the medical staff because of lower back pain. He came in and put on his jersey to play, and was informed that he wouldn't be allowed to play tonight.

Cobol Sam
01-22-2007, 10:43 PM
:cookie:

In case people didn't read the game thread, Tinsley is being held out by the medical staff because of lower back pain. He came in and put on his jersey to play, and was informed that he wouldn't be allowed to play tonight.

Man that really is a shame. I guess I wish they'd at least gotten him a few minutes for streak sake.

Anthem
01-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Man that really is a shame. I guess I wish they'd at least gotten him a few minutes for streak sake.
I really don't mind... an ineffective Tinsley is worse than no Tinsley at all (although not worse than O. Greene). But it's one in the eye for people who constantly say Tinsley refuses to suck it up.

Ragnar
01-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Well I finally get to a game this season. I have seats in Row 10 section 4 (right behind the Pacers Bench) and Jamaal is out, Figures.

Great game though I enjoyed Armstrong's performance I used to enjoy him when he was in Orlando. Does anyone know was that his career best last night? He came pretty darn close to a triple double.