PDA

View Full Version : Tinsley and Harrington hurting

blanket
05-11-2004, 06:39 PM
didn't see this posted elsewhere...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1799786

Point guard expects to start Game 4

MIAMI -- Indiana Pacers point guard Jamaal Tinsley practiced through pain Tuesday, a day after having tests on his left ankle.

Tinsley said X-rays were negative, and he expects to start Game 4 against the Miami Heat on Wednesday night.

"It's just real sore right now," he said after practice Tuesday. "I just want to be out there, you know? Once I'm involved with the game, it should loosen up. I could play through the pain. It's something I can get over."

Tinsley has played well in the series. He scored 17 points in the opener, had nine assists and no turnovers in the second game and had 16 points Monday night.

He has gone 12-of-16 from the field, including 9-of-12 from 3-point range, and has 19 assists versus just five turnovers in the three games.

"Jamaal's playing really solid and well all around," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "His shooting's been good, his play-making, defensively, he's been solid. This has been a great opportunity for him to come of age as a point guard. We're going to need for him to continue to play like that to be able to win."

Also Tuesday, reserve forward Al Harrington practiced with a black leather glove that had the fingers cut out on his right hand. He jammed knuckles on his middle and ring fingers in Game 3. He played the second half with swollen fingers.

"I'm going to have to just work through it," he said. "I practiced and I shot the ball OK, so I should be all right."

ROCislandWarrior
05-11-2004, 06:47 PM
"I'm going to have to just work through it," he said. "I practiced and I shot the ball OK, so I should be all right."

Please define OK

does OK mean he shot the ball like the Boston series
or does OK mean he shot it like he has in this series