PDA

View Full Version : Should the pacers try and get gasol?

OnlyPacersLeft
01-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Imagine the matchup problems it would create!
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44319/20070121/grizzlies_will_try_to_trade_gasol/

Roaming Gnome
01-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Not gonna happen. I'm sure the Grizzlies would want the farm and a lot of "sweetner" to make that deal happen.

Bottom line, we don't need another front court player...We need a point.

Peck
01-21-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't see where you are going to play him? Are you saying trade J.O. for him?

Even I wouldn't do that.

Robertmto
01-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Pacers need a point and a POST player.

Gasol is neither.

Fireball Kid
01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
The team needs a new point guard. Plain and simple.

able
01-21-2007, 10:45 PM
short answer: NO

avoidingtheclowns
01-21-2007, 10:58 PM
we need a shooting guard and probably a new PG (lets face it, we've got a few solid ball handlers)... i wouldn't mind maybe picking eddie jones of waivers for vets min... or maybe trading for miller but i don't think we're willing to give up anything they'd want

LoneGranger33
01-21-2007, 11:00 PM
short answer: NO

long answer: Hell No?

able
01-21-2007, 11:03 PM
long answer: Hell No?

add some expletives and you are close :D

OTD
01-22-2007, 01:09 AM
If TPTB don't trade Tins, then RC should become a man and look him right inj the eye, and tell him when he starts all I that he will be on the bench that very min.

GetMoney
01-22-2007, 02:12 AM
man Tinsley is not the problem... Rick tryna fit a round peg into a square hole... or vice-versa

Tins was great those few years we was challenging for the Eastern Conf. title... Gasol would be a good addition to any team tho

maybe we shoulda waited to deal Al

Shade
01-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Nope. There's no room for Pau as long as JO is a Pacer.

Young
01-22-2007, 03:48 PM
We don't need Gasol at all.

We need guard help. We are deep up front with Jermaine, Jeff, Troy, Ike, and Maceo. The last thing we need is a big man who needs the ball.

Fool
01-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Round pegs fit into square holes.

Shade
01-22-2007, 04:52 PM

Rick? Is that you? :eek:

Roaming Gnome
01-22-2007, 05:32 PM
If TPTB don't trade Tins, then RC should become a man and look him right inj the eye, and tell him when he starts all I that he will be on the bench that very min.

Wow, Tinsley even makes it onto these unrelated threads. I just wonder who the next scapegoat is in waiting after Tinsley is exiled from Pacerland. I personally find it hard to believe that the coaching staff is just letting this happen if this is not what they are allowing game after game. As I mentioned before, I don't care for his play, but I find it hard to buy into the notion that the only reason he is not getting anything said to him by the coaches or TPTB is fear of him checking out mentally.

Again on Gasol.... why?

Sometimes I just wonder if some people would just be happy if we traded a players every 3 months of the season just to trade guys for trade sake. To me it seems that some of you would be happy to have the record of the Hawks, as long as we make attempts at trading for anyone that comes available....

NapTonius Monk
01-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Again on Gasol.... why?

Sometimes I just wonder if some people would just be happy if we traded a players every 3 months of the season just to trade guys for trade sake. To me it seems that some of you would be happy to have the record of the Hawks, as long as we make attempts at trading for anyone that comes available....

Agreed. Gasol occupies the same area as Jermaine in order to be effective. This would just be the same issue we had with Al revisited. LB went the right route in getting Murphy. You don't lose the aggresiveness on the boards, and you get perimeter pop to loosen up the paint. I wouldn't mind prying Damon Stoudemire out of there if we could get him on the cheap.

Frank Slade
01-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Paxson willing to look, but ...

January 24, 2007
By Paul Ladewski Staff writer

According to a league source, the Bulls offered a package that includes guard Ben Gordon, forward P.J. Brown and a first round draft pick in return for Gasol, who has requested a trade. The source also said Brown would be included in any trade made before the deadline.

As it has been since the start of the season, an established inside scorer remains atop the Bulls' wish list.

"I don't know how many times I can say that I would like to have a guy like that," said Paxson, who did not mention Gasol by name. "But for the good of the organization and my responsibility to ownership, I can't give too much to get something. We're not in that position right now."

Paxson conceded it would be difficult to part with Gordon and forward Luol Deng in partciular at this time.

DailySouthtown (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/sports/226639,241SPT9.article)

Jermaniac
01-24-2007, 06:42 PM
I hope they trade Gordon. I rather play Gasol 4 times a year then Ben Gordon.

Anthem
01-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Agree. Have to say, though, that's a pretty decent deal for both teams.

A Gasol-Wallace frontcourt would have the potential to be brutal.

D23
01-25-2007, 08:54 AM

They fit enough to suffice, but not very well. ;)