PDA

View Full Version : Should we shop Harrison and/or Shawne???

purdue101
01-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Honestly, where are the mins going to come from for these guys? In the trade we lost one frontcourt player (harrington) while gaining 2 or 3 (if you consider Dunleavy a SF).

David has 5 guys playing in front of him in JO, Jeff, Baston, Ike, and Murphy - not to mention Danny will get some mins up front when we go small. All of these guys, with the exception of Baston, will be here for a few years to come unless a trade is made.

Shawne is somewhat in the same boat. He's capable of playing the 3 or 4 but he'll be stuck behind Danny, Ike, JO, Murphy and sometimes Dunleavy and Quis.

I really think this team can come out of the East if we can upgrade the backcourt. I don't see the point of holding onto these two guys when they aren't going to play this year or down the road (unless another trade comes)

We could probably land a very good PG with a package of tins/shawne/harrison. we might even be able to get back in the draft in the process.

tins/shawne/david for andre and one of philly's 3 picks????

Cobol Sam
01-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Honestly, where are the mins going to come from for these guys? In the trade we lost one frontcourt player (harrington) while gaining 2 or 3 (if you consider Dunleavy a SF).

David has 5 guys playing in front of him in JO, Jeff, Baston, Ike, and Murphy - not to mention Danny will get some mins up front when we go small. All of these guys, with the exception of Baston, will be here for a few years to come unless a trade is made.

Shawne is somewhat in the same boat. He's capable of playing the 3 or 4 but he'll be stuck behind Danny, Ike, JO, Murphy and sometimes Dunleavy and Quis.

I really think this team can come out of the East if we can upgrade the backcourt. I don't see the point of holding onto these two guys when they aren't going to play this year or down the road (unless another trade comes)

We could probably land a very good PG with a package of tins/shawne/harrison. we might even be able to get back in the draft in the process.

tins/shawne/david for andre and one of philly's 3 picks????

Well since Harrison can't go 20 seconds without picking up 2 fouls, I think we could get him his normal playing time even with 4 guys ahead of him. ;)

Jermaniac
01-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Shawne aint going anywhere.

BlueNGold
01-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Shawne aint going anywhere.

Shawne is going to be a great one IMO. He is just 20 yo. and has already adjusted to the speed of the NBA. Great size, length, shooting stroke...and seems to have a good attitude. No, he's not going anywhere.

CableKC
01-20-2007, 06:07 PM
The best situation would be to shop Harrison for the best price that we can get. He's not going to get ANY minutes and may get us some 2nd round pick somewhere down the line or some Guard that is capable of hitting the 3pt shot. He just needs to go to some team that needs some 4th/5th Big Man and has a coach patient enough to teach and play him.

I would prefer to keep Shawne and give him minutes ahead of Rawle at the SG/SF rotation.

Jose Slaughter
01-20-2007, 06:12 PM
I could understand trying to move Harrison as well as Baston for a little more depth in the backcourt but I think Williams is safe for at least a couple seasons. Trying to find a place for him in the rotation is another story.

v_d_g
01-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh yeah,

Shawne gets a few minutes of legit playing time

strokes a couple of 3's ---including one at crunch time

displays good strength and athleticism, going over the defense for a highlight reel JAM PUTBACK

and

you want to trade him

tell you what, ACE, how about we trade Shawne and Harrison AND our 2008 #1, while we're at it,

for Freddie Jones?

got nothing better to do with your time?

Figures you're from PUrdue.

Harrison just needs to play: there's alot of Eddy Curry in him.

CableKC
01-20-2007, 06:22 PM
I reallly would like to keep him simply for the fact that his game does seem to be close to Eddy Curry's game ( more offensive then defensive ).....but unless Carlisle quits ( or is fired ) and we get a new coach that is willing to simply play him....I don't think that Harrison is going to get the necessary # of minutes to play to properly develop.

Pacersfan46
01-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah,

displays good strength and athleticism, going over the defense for a highlight reel JAM PUTBACK

and

you want to trade him

tell you what, ACE, how about we trade Shawne and Harrison AND our 2008 #1, while we're at it,

for Freddie Jones?

Wow, someone get this cat a Midol. Talk about overboard.

aero
01-20-2007, 06:23 PM
id be game for shopping Harrison. Whenever he gets healthy. why ? because he just isnt working out here...the guy gets a foul every 3 seconds..hell he looks at he ref when checking in the game and gets a foul :lol:

TheDon
01-20-2007, 06:27 PM
there's alot of Eddy Curry in him.

Did Dave eat Eddy Curry recently? That's the only thing I can think of as far as what you mean here. Cause it's not playing ability, unless you can guage players likenesses in 4 minutes spurts, In which case you need to become a member of the pacers scouts on who to draft. :rolleyes:

imawhat
01-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Maybe I'm dumb, but I'd trade Granger before I trade Williams. That's how much I believe in him.

tora tora
01-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Maybe I'm dumb, but I'd trade Granger before I trade Williams. That's how much I believe in him.

Williams is more consistent 3 point shooter I know that.

SoupIsGood
01-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah,

and

you want to trade him

for Freddie Jones?

Your posting style here is awfully abrasive, and it seems to me like it has been like that for a awhile now. Could you possibly please tone it down a bit? PD isn't about being menacing like this... er I don't mean to sound like a mod here though. Just sayin'

Pacersfan46
01-20-2007, 07:05 PM

I won't say your dumb, but wow. I see no reason at all why I'd come to that conclusion. So, I'm curious as to what's helping you come to it?

beast23
01-20-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm like Jose on this issue. We certainly don't tade Williams at this point. I've always believed that young players gain their most significant improvement in their 3rd years.

But we've seen nothing yet to think that Williams will eventually be a step above Granger.

I have no problem packaging Harrison. He's had ample time and opportunity, and he just doesn't seem to "get it" yet. But he's probably still recognized as a huge body with plenty of potential. For that reason, try to combine him with Tinsley and another player and get back a consistent PG capable of playing defense and shooting.

With Dunleavy on the team to help with distribution, I don't even care if this new PG is a good distributor of the ball, as long as he can defend and shoot. The present makeup of the team makes me want to mention it one more time... with a distributor like Dunleavy playing the SF, we would have been just fine with AJ in our backcourt.

But I wouldn't dump Harrison or any player on our roster for a "couple of second round picks". At this point, unless we had the first pick in the second round in next year's draft, I think that a second round pick stands very little chance of making our roster.