PDA

View Full Version : A Look ahead...

TheDon
01-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I got a little bored and everybody either talking about the trade, the players that left, or possible trades. So I took the liberty of looking ahead into the near future the next 8 games or so of the top 7 seeds in the east. I am giving the pacers the benefit of the doubt on their next 8 games but given the teams we're playing and the fact that 6 are at home and 2 are on the road I don't think it's that far fetched. Anyways feel free to disagree with some of my predictions I'm not an expert by any means but I think I gave the teams that have currently won 3 in a row the benefit of the doubt in games and also took homecourt advantage into consideration. Without Further Ado here's what I came up with.

Washington #1 (3 Game Win Streak)

Next 8 games
Boston W
Phoenix L
at Detroit L
at Boston W
Detroit L
at Toronto W
LA Lakers L
Seattle W

Record after 27-20

Cleveland #2 (3 Game Losing Streak)

Next 8 Games
at Golden State L (cavs awful away)
Orlando L
Philedelphia W
Philedelphia W
Phoenix L
Golden State W
at Miami L
Charlotte L (upset)

Record after 26 - 21

Detroit #3 (1 game win streak)

Next 8 Games
Sacramento W
at Charlotte L (Bobcats always gives detroit fits)
Washington W
Indiana L
at Washington W
at New Jersey L
Milwaukee W
at Cleveland L

Record After 26 - 20

New Jersey #4 (3 game win streak)

Next 8 Games
Orlando L
Sacramento W
at Golden State W
at LA Clippers L
at Denver L
at Utah L
Detroit W
at Orlando L

Record After 22 - 25

Chicago #5 (3 game win streak)

Next 8 games
Utah L
at Indiana L
Atlanta W
Dallas L
Miami L
at LA Clippers L
at Seattle W
at Portland W

Record After 26 - 22

Orlando #6 (Lost 4)

Next 8 games
at New Jersey L
at Cleveland L
Dallas L
Atlanta W
At Atlanta W
Milwaukee W
New Jersey L
New York W

Record After26 - 22

Indiana #7 (Lost 3)

Next 8 games
New York W
Chicago W
Miami L
Toronto W
at Detroit W
Boston W
LA Lakers L
at Memphis W

Record After 26 - 21

**All Teams Records After 8 Game If My Predictions Hold Up**
Washington 27 - 20
Cleveland 26 - 21
Detroit 26 - 20
New Jersey 22 - 25
Chicago 26 - 22
Orland 26 - 22
Indiana 26 - 21

This would put Indiana one game behind detroit for #1 in the central and a half game behind Washington for #1 anybody else have any disputes or any other takes I think I was pretty fair with wins and losses all around. Given the fact that some of these teams could lose some games I predicted to win just as well as they could win some of these games I predicted them to lose would make for a really really tight race in the East and pretty much up for grabs.

PostArtestEra
01-20-2007, 05:13 PM
LOL, you have us losing to Chicago and Chicago losing to us. Other than that it seems a bit optimistic but not entirely unrealistic. I expect us to be 25-22 and one of the top teams to be 28-19 or so. Which would still only have us 3 games back of first place. The thing is, if we can go on a prolonged hot streak at any point of the season, i.e. win 6 in a row, or 8 out of 10, we will be right there at the top.

TheDon
01-20-2007, 05:21 PM
oops I'll edit that thanks for the heads up it was a tough call I figured we'd lose to either them or miami in the upcoming games. I have more faith we can beat chicago though one of those games we played them we only had about 7 or 8 active players and they only won by 13 or so. Considering that they beat teams like Miami by 45 and San Antonio by about 10 I think that says a lot about us.

pwee31
01-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Ha you also have Orlando losing to us, and they're not on our list of teams at all.

TheDon
01-20-2007, 05:47 PM
ok think I got it all this time *crosses fingers* :blush: :blush: