PDA

View Full Version : Forum Party XIV - March 24th @ 5:00 - Menu on post 90

Jose Slaughter
01-20-2007, 03:00 AM
For those new to the forum.............

For a few years now we have been gathering to meet the friends we have made here on the Pacers Digest. These usually take place in early July as well as a Saturday early in the season without a game. Due to the trade re-shaping our team it seems like a great idea to have another party, thanks Shade.

So, we meet again on Saturday, March 24th at 5:00 at the Castleton Pizza King

I have kind of set up a few "guidlines"

1. Everyone that reads the forum is invited & encouraged to attend. This includes everyone from the founder to those that have just found us. Even if you only come here to read & have yet to summit your very first post, you are welcome too.

2. Stay as long as you like. Although the party has a beginning and ending time you may drop in whenever you're able. Some come in late & some leave early, either way, we're glad you were able to attend. We always order a second helping of pizza so there will be food for those drifting in, mid-party.

3. Your part of the bill - $10 Currently we ask that those sharing in the food & drink chip in $10.00. Pizza King has other menu items that you may order but thats on you. The $10 should cover the pizza, soft drinks & a small tip for our waitress.

A little side note on this. The past couple parties we have had enough to cover the bill but the tip has been rather small. If this trend continues we "might" need to bump our contribution up a few bucks.

We usually wrap things up at Pizza King just after 9 & re-form the party at the Perkins on the corner of 82nd and Allisonville Road. That portion of the party can last until the wee hours of the morning.

Thats the basic story. We set around, eat pizza & talk about the Pacers. Kinda like what we do here but it does take on a whole different feel setting at a table with Hick, Shade, Uncle Buck, Kegboy, Peck & the rest of the regulars.

I'll keep track of those that have mentioned they might be attending. More for me then anyone, I'll need to warn our host how big a group we plan on having. It also gives you an idea who could be there.

If this is something you think you might like to do, just let us know & I'll add you to the list. Oh, one last thing..... the menu. We usually start out with a pizza with everthing, one meat lovers, & one with hamburger & pepperoni. The 2nd order is left up to those at the party. So, if you don't eat meat or wish to have a cheese only pizza, we can do that.

Thanks, see ya there.

able
01-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Not making ANY promises, but there is a small chance I can attend the 24th of March

That's the only date I can put in a 5/6 day visit schedule IF I can get everything else to fall into place.

Naptown_Seth
01-20-2007, 06:25 PM
I voted for the 31st, but could probably make any date work. Also I owe you $10 from the last one Jose, don't let me forget.

Roferr
01-20-2007, 06:36 PM
As a newbie...what all does the Post Trade Deadline Forum Party, consist of? Is it open for anyone? Where is it held, etc.?

Jose Slaughter
01-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Roferr

Anyone that reads the board is invited to attend.

There is a Pizza King in Castleton that we have kind of made or home over the past several years. Once we pick a date I'll post all the basic info. The short version is..........

We set around & talk about the Pacers, the NBA & to a lesser degree, the forum. We have some pizza & meet the friends we've made here on line over the years.

Everyone that enjoys the pizza tosses in about 10 bucks to cover the bill.

Makes for a great night out.

Robertmto
01-20-2007, 07:29 PM
I voted for the 31st, but could probably make any date work. Also I owe you $10 from the last one Jose, don't let me forget.

same here, well from the 1st to last one

vapacersfan
01-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I still am petitioning for you guys to use a "video confrence" for us out of towners :D

I have no clue what my schedule is, but if I can make another one of these I def. will try. Not sure if it would be this one, though

Roferr
01-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Roferr

Anyone that reads the board is invited to attend.

There is a Pizza King in Castleton that we have kind of made or home over the past several years. Once we pick a date I'll post all the basic info. The short version is..........

We set around & talk about the Pacers, the NBA & to a lesser degree, the forum. We have some pizza & meet the friends we've made here on line over the years.

Everyone that enjoys the pizza tosses in about 10 bucks to cover the bill.

Makes for a great night out.

OK, Thanks. Sounds like something worth looking into.

Naptown_Seth
01-21-2007, 02:56 AM
OK, Thanks. Sounds like something worth looking into.
It is. I was really impressed. It's always good to put a face to a name. I my case it allowed me to come home and make a Peck doll to burn in effigy. ;) So life-like, it even had a pull string that made it say "Dale Davis is greater than you". :D

Actually Peck ran a tight ship of just insane amounts of Pacers talk. It's all ages, all POV about the team, and just hours of discussion as a group. Last time (my first) I'd say we just flat-out ran out of energy to keep going, and still were anyway. People were starting new subjects when everyone was almost asleep in their seat, like kids staying up to play a game or something.

Very relaxed situation and everyone genuinely loves the Pacers even if they don't like the current makeup of the team.

And at this point you and I are now safe from coming to blows regarding Jackson. I encourage you to attend, you'll make some new friends for certain.

Roferr
01-21-2007, 03:50 PM
It is. I was really impressed. It's always good to put a face to a name. I my case it allowed me to come home and make a Peck doll to burn in effigy. ;) So life-like, it even had a pull string that made it say "Dale Davis is greater than you". :D

Actually Peck ran a tight ship of just insane amounts of Pacers talk. It's all ages, all POV about the team, and just hours of discussion as a group. Last time (my first) I'd say we just flat-out ran out of energy to keep going, and still were anyway. People were starting new subjects when everyone was almost asleep in their seat, like kids staying up to play a game or something.

Very relaxed situation and everyone genuinely loves the Pacers even if they don't like the current makeup of the team.

And at this point you and I are now safe from coming to blows regarding Jackson. I encourage you to attend, you'll make some new friends for certain.

Thanks, Seth, I'll certainly entertain the thought. Were there anybody in my age group that can talk about the ol' ABA days?

Actually, without Jax, we're pretty much on the same page.

Jose Slaughter
01-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks, Seth, I'll certainly entertain the thought. Were there anybody in my age group that can talk about the ol' ABA days?

There are always a group of us old timers that fondly recall that funny little ball.

able
01-21-2007, 11:34 PM
As I can't influence votes made, I do emphasize I would like to attend, but as I want to see Pacers games as well and may have 3 games in 5 days if planned carefully, I emplore you to consider the 24th of March :D

Hicks
01-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I voted Feb. 24, but I could likely do any of those, so change mine to March 24th for Abel's sake.

Roferr
01-22-2007, 02:20 PM
There are always a group of us old timers that fondly recall that funny little ball.

Great! I just turned 63 and watched the Pacers on their inception in 1967. We had the best franchise by far, Kentucky was a distant second.

Shade
01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
I picked Feb. 24th, but if it comes down to it, I could probably make any of the three dates. So if it's close, my vote isn't set in stone.

arenn
01-22-2007, 10:50 PM
I don't really like any of those dates, but I'll see what I can do.

Jose Slaughter
01-23-2007, 09:57 AM
The poll is still open & I hope we get a few more votes but I think we're leaning toward March 24th.

Shade
01-23-2007, 03:43 PM
March 24th looks like the only time the "out of towners" can make it, so that sounds good to me.

Jose Slaughter
01-24-2007, 02:19 AM
I'm thinking the exact same thing Shade.

The poll is open until the 27th but it looks like its going to be March 24th.

Naptown_Seth
01-24-2007, 09:12 PM

Peck's about 60. :D

I guess it ran from about 18 to mid-50's. Odd to see such a diverse group all pretty much single minded in their interests. Even the views on the team didn't fall along age lines or anything like that. Just a big bowl of Pacers fan gumbo.

I'll plan on the 24th then it sounds like.

vapacersfan
01-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Is March 24th a Saturday?

If so, I could probably come down, assuming a few other things fall into place.

Robertmto
01-25-2007, 08:22 PM
yea it is.

Kegboy
01-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I voted any of the 3, but I don't like all these out-of-towner's coming, so change mine to February 24th for Pete's sake.

vapacersfan
01-25-2007, 10:11 PM
I voted any of the 3, but I don't like all these out-of-towner's coming, so change mine to February 24th for Pete's sake.

Who is Pete and whats wrong with us out of towners? :mad:

:laugh:

MagicRat
01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
March 24th is my eldest son's birthday, so I'm more than likely out for that date.........

Jose Slaughter
01-25-2007, 11:12 PM
We'll save you a near by booth at Perkins.

Trader Joe
01-25-2007, 11:17 PM
March 24th is my eldest son's birthday, so I'm more than likely out for that date.........

Bring him along...

Robertmto
01-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Bring him along...

QFT

Roferr
01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
March 24th works for me.

Does anyone bring a laptop to look at facts or stats when something crops up or isn't it that the sort of thing that I'm imagining?

Hicks
01-26-2007, 12:06 PM
No one ever has, but a few seem to have internet access on their mobile devices. Kegboy was reading PD later in the evening.

The conversations aren't quite like they are on here. At least I've never seen someone bring a stat sheet to back his opinion. :D We all say what we're feeling about the topic and go from there. Numbers are brought up, but not focused on.

Kegboy
01-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Does anyone bring a laptop to look at facts or stats when something crops up or isn't it that the sort of thing that I'm imagining?

No, but some read PD on their Treo's to keep from falling asleep when the facts and stats start spewing.

Of course, it helps when something like the NY brawl happens the night of the party.

Roferr
01-26-2007, 02:57 PM
No one ever has, but a few seem to have internet access on their mobile devices. Kegboy was reading PD later in the evening.

The conversations aren't quite like they are on here. At least I've never seen someone bring a stat sheet to back his opinion. :D We all say what we're feeling about the topic and go from there. Numbers are brought up, but not focused on.

Gotcha. Thanks.

vapacersfan
01-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I am def. out for this one.

arenn
01-27-2007, 10:32 PM
So is it confirmed as 3/24? I've got major global computer systems implementation I'm responsible for going live over that weekend, but we'll see.

Jose Slaughter
01-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Yes, the date will be March 24th.

From the voting and those that posted in this thread, this is our list to date.

We have 20

ALF 68
Able
Cobal Sam
Doug
Hicks
Indy0731
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
Naptown Seth
Naturallystoned
Peck
Pig Nash
Ragnar
RamBo Lamar
Robertmto
Robobtowncolt
Roferr
RWB
Shade

Alabama-Redneck
01-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Sorry but I will be in Reno, Nev. that weekend. The next time I am in Indy, I will see if a few of us can get together for an impromptu affair.

We might even get IndyGeezer to attend if it is early enough. :D

:cool:

Pig Nash
01-28-2007, 03:40 PM
I should be there, and once again, I'll see if i can get Birdman to come.

Unclebuck
01-28-2007, 06:07 PM
I'll probably be able to go for the Perkins portion of the evening

Robobtowncolt
01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Put me down at 27.8% chance of attending.

MagicRat
01-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Put me at 27.8% chance of not attending.....

Gyron
01-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Can't make this one guys. I will be in the Florida everglades doing a little fishing. Actually I hope its BIG fishing, but all the same....

ALF68
01-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Forum Party sounds like a good opportunity to meet and talk with fellow PD members. I would like to attend, just not sure if I would be welcomed, anyway I plan on being there.

Jose Slaughter
01-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Forum Party sounds like a good opportunity to meet and talk with fellow PD members. I would like to attend, just not sure if I would be welcomed, anyway I plan on being there.

ALF 68

Check out the very first post in this thread.

Everyone is welcome.

We now have 20 posters planning on attending.

ALF 68
Able
Cobal Sam
Doug
Hicks
Indy0731
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
Naptown Seth
Naturallystoned
Peck
Pig Nash
Ragnar
RamBo Lamar
Robertmto
Robobtowncolt
Roferr
RWB
Shade

Skaut_Ech
02-05-2007, 10:14 AM
I don't have any plans at this point, but I'm notorius for last minute trips and Saturday nite parties, but pencil me in. I'm gonna try and keep that date clear. It's been too long since I made one.

able
02-05-2007, 01:06 PM
I don't have any plans at this point, but I'm notorius for last minute trips and Saturday nite parties, but pencil me in. I'm gonna try and keep that date clear. It's been too long since I made one.

OK; I'll bring ID, but uhhh I do want to see the games I come over for and not spend the night in some lonely cell somewhere, you gonna play nice ?

:D will be good to see you in person to :P

Skaut_Ech
02-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Don't worry, able. I'll see to it that you and your cellmate/new best friend can spoon and still see the TV.

Shade
02-06-2007, 02:35 PM
You better be there, Scott. I kinda know where you live. :devil:

Jose Slaughter
02-07-2007, 01:07 AM
As of now..... 21

ALF 68
Able
Cobal Sam
Doug
Hicks
Indy0731
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
Naptown Seth
Naturallystoned
Peck
Pig Nash
Ragnar
RamBo Lamar
Robertmto
Robobtowncolt
Roferr
RWB
Shade
Skaut Ech

Naptown_Seth
02-18-2007, 04:07 PM
No, but some read PD on their Treo's to keep from falling asleep when the facts and stats start spewing.

Of course, it helps when something like the NY brawl happens the night of the party.
Hey! :cry:

Don't make the 24th be the night of the Perkins brawl. ;)

Since86
02-19-2007, 03:30 PM
That's the weekend after I get back from spring break, so I'll probably be in need of a quite weekend night (no offense) so put me down as a likely.

Jose Slaughter
02-19-2007, 10:13 PM
As of now..... 23

ALF 68
Able
Cobal Sam
Doug
Hicks
Indy0731
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
Naptown Seth
Naturallystoned
Peck
Pig Nash
Ragnar
RamBo Lamar
Robertmto
Robobtowncolt
Roferr
RWB
Shade
Since 86
Skaut Ech
Uncle Buck

Unclebuck
02-20-2007, 08:47 PM
I'll be there for the whole time

able
02-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Ok I am confirming my trip, ticket will be solidified today (GOD do i hate those new taxes here, they just increased my ticket by 100%)

I will be asking questions about ppl getting BIG discounts at hotels and such, the new tax on tickets here just took half my hotel money :(

anyway, now tickets for the games :D

whoopeeee

Robobtowncolt
02-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm out now, sorry.

able
02-21-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm out now, sorry.
hmmm tsk tsk tsk

Do you go back to 27.8% if I can't come ?

Robobtowncolt
02-21-2007, 05:17 PM
hmmm tsk tsk tsk

Do you go back to 27.8% if I can't come ?

No, still at 0% then since my plane doesn't arrive until a couple days after. Had to come in for a half day the following Monday, just found out a week ago but didn't remember that I had said I would be coming until I re-read this thread.

:flirt:

Shade
02-21-2007, 05:23 PM
No, still at 0% then since my plane doesn't arrive until the morning after. Couldn't get that extra day off work.

If you were a true Pacers fan you would call in sick or quit your job.

Poser.

:-p

Robobtowncolt
02-21-2007, 05:25 PM
If you were a true Pacers fan you would call in sick or quit your job.

Poser.

:-p

Eh, I think a true Pacer fan would have bothered to watch an NBA game in the last two years and I certainly haven't. Guilty as charged.

able
02-26-2007, 12:03 PM
OK since this has become very "official" I would throw out the fact I can do with some seats at the games I would like to attend :D

Now I will leave one game in the capable hands of my good friend BigMac, but that leaves two and all dates are open during my visit :) which is from March 23rd till March 28th (3 game homestand).

Also, those with relations in hotel management capable of getting me HUGE discounts (or even small ones) are VERY welcome.

Feel free to PM me or email me at abel@netwidesolutions.net

BillS
02-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Unfortunately not going to make this one. Hopefully see you all next time.

Unclebuck
02-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Unfortunately not going to make this one. Hopefully see you all next time.

Have you moved up to Indiana yet?

Edit: I don't know if this forum party is a good idea especially if the next three weeks go as expected. If I want to be depressed, I can stay home and read Pacers Digest for free.

Jose Slaughter
02-28-2007, 02:06 AM
As of now..... 22

ALF 68
Able
Cobal Sam
Doug
Hicks
Indy0731
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
Naptown Seth
Naturallystoned
Peck
Pig Nash
Ragnar
RamBo Lamar
Robertmto
Roferr
RWB
Shade
Since 86
Skaut Ech
Uncle Buck

Trader Joe
02-28-2007, 03:35 AM

Edit: I don't know if this forum party is a good idea especially if the next three weeks go as expected. If I want to be depressed, I can stay home and read Pacers Digest for free.

GROUP SUPPORT!!!

duke dynamite
02-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Heck, I'll be up that Friday for the Heat game. I'll just stay in Indy that night. I'll RSVP, is it cool to bring a guest as long as they chip in?

Jose Slaughter
02-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Heck, I'll be up that Friday for the Heat game. I'll just stay in Indy that night. I'll RSVP, is it cool to bring a guest as long as they chip in?

Sure, the more the merrier!

Robobtowncolt
02-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Hmm, looks like I can take all of Monday off. Will try to rework the flight, as I'd like to be home a few extra days anyway, but not sure yet if I can.

Unclebuck
02-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Hmm, looks like I can take all of Monday off. Will try to rework the flight, as I'd like to be home a few extra days anyway, but not sure yet if I can.

Are you purposely stringing us along

Robobtowncolt
02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Are you purposely stringing us along

I have to call Pizza King to make sure they have my intro music ready or I'm not showing up.

Unless one of you can play Girls Just Wanna Have Fun really loud on your cell phone...........

Shade
02-28-2007, 07:44 PM
I have to call Pizza King to make sure they have my intro music ready or I'm not showing up.

Unless one of you can play Girls Just Wanna Have Fun really loud on your cell phone...........

What, is your It's Raining Men record broken or something?

BillS
03-04-2007, 02:19 PM

We're going into the main phase of (re)construction in Atlanta - 15 years and 5 kids takes a real toll on a place. We will put the house on the market just in time for Spring Break ... hopefully we can get moved very soon after that.

Roaming Gnome
03-04-2007, 10:15 PM
I will be there too, Jose.

Jose Slaughter
03-05-2007, 04:28 AM
We now have 23

ALF 68
Able
Cobal Sam
Doug
Hicks
Indy0731
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
Naptown Seth
Naturallystoned
Peck
Pig Nash
Ragnar
RamBo Lamar
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
Roferr
RWB
Shade
Since 86
Skaut Ech
Uncle Buck

indygeezer
03-12-2007, 07:12 AM
CRAP!!!

We have just been invited to a Murder Mystery Dinner Party on the 24th...it is something I can't get out of! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ABLE.........I need to make alternative meeting arrangements with you if you are still interested in a certain item.

able
03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
I am and we will, will contact u, just to busy atm

Robobtowncolt
03-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Flight is now getting in the night of the 23rd, but don't know if the family has plans for me yet.

Doug
03-12-2007, 02:12 PM
We have just been invited to a Murder Mystery Dinner Party on the 24th...it is something I can't get out of! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The butler did it.

There, now you don't have to go.

DisplacedKnick
03-13-2007, 11:20 AM
For the last several I've thought I was going and had to cancel late.

But for this one - I believe I will be there.

And if the Knicks have a better record than the Pacers by then I promise to torture EVERYONE!

Unclebuck
03-13-2007, 11:29 AM
For the last several I've thought I was going and had to cancel late.

But for this one - I believe I will be there.

And if the Knicks have a better record than the Pacers by then I promise to torture EVERYONE!

If the Knicks have a better record than the Pacers I'll be too embarrassed to show my face in public

Jose Slaughter
03-13-2007, 11:34 AM
We're now upto 24

ALF 68
Able
Cobal Sam
Displaced Knick
Doug
Hicks
Indy0731
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
Naptown Seth
Naturallystoned
Peck
Pig Nash
Ragnar
RamBo Lamar
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
Roferr
RWB
Shade
Since 86
Skaut Ech
Uncle Buck

grace
03-13-2007, 12:31 PM
If the Knicks have a better record than the Pacers I'll be too embarrassed to show my face in public

If the Knicks have a better record than the Pacers I might actually show up.

Unclebuck
03-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Whatever happened to Gamble. Shade do you ever talk to him

Jose Slaughter
03-13-2007, 07:37 PM
I just checked, he hasn't even been on the forum since Nov. 7th. At least not under that name anyway.

Indy Geezer, whats the story?

Kegboy
03-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Whatever happened to Gamble.

Shade ran him off the forum just like Tim.

Shade
03-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I haven't talked to him in a while. I'll try to get ahold of him sometime this week.

Shade
03-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Shade ran him off the forum just like Tim.

The BCF is still standing, so I'm not sure where Tim is. He probably moved to California. :shrug:

DisplacedKnick
03-14-2007, 06:53 AM

Records as of today:

Pacers - 29-34
Knicks - 29-34

Hicks
03-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Records as of today:

Pacers - 29-34
Knicks - 29-34

Congratulations! Your team worked hard, won some games, and now they're on par with a ****ty team on a 10-game losing streak! :-p

Doug
03-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Congratulations! Your team worked hard, won some games, and now they're on par with a ****ty team on a 10-game losing streak! :-p

LOL!

Looks like I'm going to have to leave early, at least before the Perkins part. But I should still be there.

Shade
03-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Crap on a cracker! I just found out I've been scheduled to work that night, despite that I had requested it off. The only good news is that I am scheduled in first, so if one of the hosts gets to leave early, odds are it'll be me. However, since the show doesn't start until 9:00, I'm likely out for Pizza King. I should still be good for Perkins, though. Worst case scenario is I'll get off at 11:30, and I only work about 5 minutes away from Perkins.

Still, this sucks. :(

Jose Slaughter
03-18-2007, 03:26 AM
Doors open at 5

Dinner will be served around 5:30

Opening round of ...........

1 pizza with Everything

1 All Meat

and 1 Hamburger & Pepperoni

More than likely we'll get another All Meat & a Pineapple & Pepperoni around 6:30 or so.

Does that work for you guys?

able
03-18-2007, 08:34 AM
I might need a ride from downtown to castleton :)

of course I hope there is a volunteer :D

Also who's going to the game on the 23rd ?

Roferr
03-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Not having attended one of these affairs before, does anyone think that it could become a little acrimonious due to the ugly results in the past 12 games or so? I really wouldn't enjoy a lot of arguing and finger pointing.

Robertmto
03-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Doors open at 5

Dinner will be served around 5:30

Opening round of ...........

1 pizza with Everything

1 All Meat

and 1 Hamburger & Pepperoni

More than likely we'll get another All Meat & a Pineapple & Pepperoni around 6:30 or so.

Does that work for you guys?

do they have a salad bar? i'm on a psuedo-diet.

Hicks
03-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Not having attended one of these affairs before, does anyone think that it could become a little acrimonious due to the ugly results in the past 12 games or so? I really wouldn't enjoy a lot of arguing and finger pointing.

I've been to probably a half dozen of these now. It has never come close to hostile in any way. It's more fun and loose than the board is, actually. Not that people don't disagree, far from it, but no one acts offended or offensive that I've seen.

Hicks
03-18-2007, 02:38 PM
fixed glaring typos above

RWB
03-18-2007, 03:43 PM

You can't back out now, even I plan on coming back after getting a bloody lip :D

Roferr if you like the Pacers, if you like talking basketball, if you just like to listen to folks talking basketball, or if you just like hanging out you need to go to one of these.

Jose Slaughter
03-18-2007, 05:40 PM
do they have a salad bar? i'm on a psuedo-diet.

Yes, there is a salad bar.

Kegboy
03-18-2007, 11:11 PM
It has never come close to hostile in any way.

Well, there was the time I jumped Peck when he said Bender wasn't really hurt. :pissed:

Hicks
03-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Well, there was the time I jumped Peck when he said Bender wasn't really hurt. :pissed:

Yeah, and you did break that glass bottle in half and held it over his chest, but you didn't ever try to thrust with it.

Dr. Goldfoot
03-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Due to the fact that I have children, super-busy weekend schedules and I once called you guys nerds for doing these forum parties, I probably wont ever attend one. I do have a couple of suggestions though.....

When eating pizza at Pizza King, the only acceptable toppings are BBQ sauce and sausage.

Why don't you guys have one of these on an away game night? That seems like it would be fun. Season ticket holders would be able to attend since it's an away game. It would be a blast to cheer on the team with a place full of die hards. There would still be an opportunity to delve into deep discussion and there would be a GAME! I also think a few more people would show up. Right now it's seems a little intimidating, like there's already a group of friends who know way more about basketball than most who sit at a round table and watch film to scout the next five opponents.

That's all really. I'd be more apt to participate in something like that.

Jose Slaughter
03-19-2007, 02:30 AM
We tried the game night get together once & it just didn't work out to well. Boston Connection & Super Reggie (whatever happen to SR?) were in town for the holidays. I think Doug & Displaced Knick were there along with me & the wife. We spent the night watching the game & not really talking sports much at all.

As far as the ....

Right now it's seems a little intimidating, like there's already a group of friends who know way more about basketball than most who sit at a round table and watch film to scout the next five opponents.

.... nothing could be further from the truth. After all I'm the guy that started these & I know far less than almost everyone that has attended any one of these parties. I'm just a fan that likes basketball & loves the Pacers. Thats pretty much why all of us are here. I do have opinions & ideas & I do tend to share them every once in a while, here as well as at the parties. But, as with the group we have on here, every voice is heard and respected at a forum party. If that wasn't the case they would have ended long ago. People would have stopped coming instead of returning time & time again. We also seem to bring in new posters with each party.

We all have our favorite posters, some we agree with and some we don't. There are also a lot of top flight basketball junkies on here. Do they care about the team more than me? ...... more than you?

Some do, some don't.

Doesn't matter, we're all Pacer fans. Nobody cares how long you've been a fan or how much of the X's & O's ya know. All that matters is that you're a fan. Gees we even let Grace come & she likes the Bulls!

I'm really getting side tracked big time. I don't know if I made my point or not. I'm not even sure I remember what my point was.

Bottom line, as long as you like to talk Pacer basketball, & why else would you be here? Then you should no trouble making friends at a Pacers Digest Forum Party.

I'd proof read what I just wrote but if I did I'd more than likely delete the whole thing, so there it is.

Roferr
03-19-2007, 08:43 AM
You can't back out now, even I plan on coming back after getting a bloody lip :D

Roferr if you like the Pacers, if you like talking basketball, if you just like to listen to folks talking basketball, or if you just like hanging out you need to go to one of these.

I'm leaning towards coming...better than 50-50. How about if I bring a buddy who is a Pacer fan, doesn't post here but reads the forum from time to time?

Jose Slaughter
03-19-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm leaning towards coming...better than 50-50. How about if I bring a buddy who is a Pacer fan, doesn't post here but reads the forum from time to time?

This is taken from the 1st post in this thread.

1. Everyone that reads the forum is invited & encouraged to attend. This includes everyone from the founder to those that have just found us. Even if you only come here to read & have yet to summit your very first post, you are welcome too.

So, that would be a, yes, bring him along.

RWB
03-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Dr. Goldfoot
Due to the fact that I have children Well many of the members have kids as well. Just leave them in the car and they'll fend for themselves, super-busy weekend schedules Cancel everything, Pacers talk is more important and I once called you guys nerds for doing these forum parties, We'll forgive you, except FiretheCoach who is a gun toting lunatic I probably wont ever attend one. So to quote the classic Dumb and Dumber...There's still a chance I do have a couple of suggestions though.....

When eating pizza at Pizza King, the only acceptable toppings are BBQ sauce and sausage. Then have a Stromboli instead

Why don't you guys have one of these on an away game night? Jose already covered this one That seems like it would be fun. Season ticket holders would be able to attend since it's an away game. A number of season ticket holders already attend the parties, try again It would be a blast to cheer on the team with a place full of die hards. There would still be an opportunity to delve into deep discussion and there would be a GAME! I also think a few more people would show up. People come and go through out the party. I believe 35 at one time is the record and 4 or 5 ladies have attended so it truly is open to everyone Right now it's seems a little intimidating, like there's already a group of friends When you go everyone becomes friends who know way more about basketball than most who sit at a round table and watch film to scout the next five opponents. Believe me when I say my lack of basketball knowledge can not intimidate anyone.

That's all really. I'd be more apt to participate in something like that. If free money was given away :D

Plain and simple folks, Jose has set up a party where EVERYONE is welcome. Age doesn't matter, gender or race or basketball IQ or quiet or loud or skinny or heavy or a member of the Star board or even a Pacer fan.

able
03-19-2007, 09:58 AM
To think ppl in Indy find it daunting, heck I'm flying in from the UK for the party!

I've been to one, and despite being sick as a dog (yeah great timing) I had a ball, hope to show all that I can (and will this time) make it to the end of one!

I also offered to by a round of drinks at Perkins, so be there or....

miss out.

:D

DisplacedKnick
03-19-2007, 11:58 AM
To think ppl in Indy find it daunting, heck I'm flying in from the UK for the party!

I've been to one, and despite being sick as a dog (yeah great timing) I had a ball, hope to show all that I can (and will this time) make it to the end of one!

I also offered to by a round of drinks at Perkins, so be there or....

miss out.

:D

Hang on - I've never made the Perkins part (probably won't this year either) but do they serve beer?

DisplacedKnick
03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
We tried the game night get together once & it just didn't work out to well. Boston Connection & Super Reggie (whatever happen to SR?) were in town for the holidays. I think Doug & Displaced Knick were there along with me & the wife. We spent the night watching the game & not really talking sports much at all.

LOL - IIRC we had crappy reception on the TV and talked a lot about our fantasy teams.

SR's still active in the KL, beyond that I don't know what's up. One of these days she'll be venturing out to make her mark on the world.

Shade
03-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Doing one of these during a game might not be too bad now due to the fact that there are so many of us, and some of us hang around for about 10 hours. So between that and halftime, that leaves tons of discussion time. We really should consider it, IMO.

(Plus, I want to see the expression on Buck's face when Foster clangs a layup. :chuckle:).

Right now, odds are I'll be able to make it by about 10:00, if not a few minutes sooner. If you're able to make it to Perkins at all, please do so. I really want to meet some of you.

Doug
03-19-2007, 03:59 PM
IF we do one during a game, it should be considered as a supplement to the normal forum party schedule, not a replacement. We really didn't get done when we tried it during the game. We paid too much attention to the game for good conversation and too much attention to the conversation to enjoy the game.

But it think it would be fun to get a big crowd at some place, say BW3, to watch a game on the big screen.

Dr. Goldfoot
03-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally, I made mention of "in addition to" but later removed it. I still think more would show up to watch a game and would be more likely to show up for other functions after meeting some of the other posters. No matter how much reassurance, I still believe many are reluctant to partcipate based on intimidation.

Just a thought. I may actually show up to watch a game with you guys, but how would I refute any of your claims without my ever handy statistics.:-p

Doug
03-19-2007, 04:49 PM
I still believe many are reluctant to partcipate based on intimidation. So, you're saying we shouldn't have Scott taser the newbies when they walk in the door?

What fun would that be?

Jose Slaughter
03-19-2007, 06:07 PM
I guess we could do away with the rookie singing portion of the evening.

I really think we need to keep the newbie "kiddie" table however.

Could we have some of the guys that attended their first party recently, comment on their thoughts concerning being intimidated by the long standing members of the forum.

Thanks

Trader Joe
03-19-2007, 06:14 PM
With all this talk of rookie hazing I would just like to say, I am NOT bringing the doughnuts.

Trader Joe
03-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Doing one of these during a game might not be too bad now due to the fact that there are so many of us, and some of us hang around for about 10 hours. So between that and halftime, that leaves tons of discussion time. We really should consider it, IMO.

(Plus, I want to see the expression on Buck's face when Foster clangs a layup. :chuckle:).

Right now, odds are I'll be able to make it by about 10:00, if not a few minutes sooner. If you're able to make it to Perkins at all, please do so. I really want to meet some of you.

Whats the deal with the Perkins part of the evening? Is it still focused on the Pacers or does it just go its own way?

Evan_The_Dude
03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Ah what the hell, put my name on the list (for real this time!). Also, anybody going to the Friday Miami game?

Shade
03-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Whats the deal with the Perkins part of the evening? Is it still focused on the Pacers or does it just go its own way?

It's still Pacers-centric. The only downside, IMO, is that we lose the majority of the people after Pizza King. I hope more can make it to Perkins this time around. You have no idea how disappointed I am I'm going to be stuck at work.

Naptown_Seth
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM
I might need a ride from downtown to castleton :)

of course I hope there is a volunteer :D

Also who's going to the game on the 23rd ?
I live downtown, no problem if you need a lift. And I'm fine to stay as long as you want. Just let me know which hotel (I assume you're at a hotel).

Rookie hazing - I was in no way hazed last time (to my face at least ;)). In fact Peck gave me some player cards instead, and thanks to Gnome I ended up at the game the next day for free. That's my kind of hazing.

The only problem with Perkins is that the space isn't quite as round-table friendly. It's louder due to other customers and sometimes hard to hear from one end of the table to the other.

But it's still 5 times more Pacers talk than even your average night at a sports bar. :D

Goldfoot, you should go, you're one of the posters I agree with the most. I need all the help I can get. :)

Jose Slaughter
03-19-2007, 10:03 PM
As far as the Perkins part goes, I'm gonna call up there sometime this week & see if we can get that small section that we had once before. Its slightly larger than our needs but its walled off form the larger area so it affords us a lot more privacy.

I don't care for the arrangment we usually have.

The rookie hazing stuff we talked about is a running joke. Everyone is on equal footing at these things, from Peck all the way down to the newbies.

DisplacedKnick
03-20-2007, 06:46 AM
If I can show up in a Knicks shirt and not get food thrown at me, rooks should be able to survive.

Of course I did get boo'd last time.

OnlyPacersLeft
03-21-2007, 02:07 AM
if i show up rocking a jamaal tinsley jersey and a Free Ron artest Hat will i get the odd ball eye?lol
Plus i love pizza...but why can't we do this at like danotos or something!

Jose Slaughter
03-21-2007, 02:52 AM
There was a time when I ask for suggestions for a new location. So far, each time the Castleton Pizza King has taken the vast majority of the votes. There are a couple reasons for this.

1. The location. It is not far from either 69 or 465 so its rather easy to get to. Also, it appears most of those with an interest in attending prefer a N or NE location.

2. Our set up there is nice. We have an area all to our selves where we arn't bothered by the other dinners &, as far as I know, we don't bother them.

We'll have another forum party in either late June or early July, just after the NBA draft. Sometime in May I'll post a couple polls about what date works best & where we should meet.

As far as the Tinsley shirt & Artest hat..... bring a dust pan & you'll be fine.

Jose Slaughter
03-21-2007, 02:59 AM

ALF 68
Able
Cobal Sam
Displaced Knick
Doug
Ev eezy
Hicks
Indy0731
Jose Slaughter
Kegboy
Magic Rat
Mrs RWB
Naptown Seth
Naturallystoned
Peck
Pig Nash
Ragnar
RamBo Lamar
Roaming Gnome
Roferr
RWB
Since 86
Skaut Ech
Uncle Buck

Unclebuck
03-21-2007, 11:07 AM
As far as the Perkins part goes, I'm gonna call up there sometime this week & see if we can get that small section that we had once before. Its slightly larger than our needs but its walled off form the larger area so it affords us a lot more privacy.

I don't care for the arrangment we usually have.

That is a great idea, although I have a feeling they will say no, but there is no harm in asking. Although last time we sat in that area, there was that spy.

Shade
03-21-2007, 01:13 PM
There was a time when I ask for suggestions for a new location. So far, each time the Castleton Pizza King has taken the vast majority of the votes. There are a couple reasons for this.

1. The location. It is not far from either 69 or 465 so its rather easy to get to. Also, it appears most of those with an interest in attending prefer a N or NE location.

2. Our set up there is nice. We have an area all to our selves where we arn't bothered by the other dinners &, as far as I know, we don't bother them.

We'll have another forum party in either late June or early July, just after the NBA draft. Sometime in May I'll post a couple polls about what date works best & where we should meet.

As far as the Tinsley shirt & Artest hat..... bring a dust pan & you'll be fine.

If we go late June, I'm out on the 16th, as well as the 30th. Will be out of town on both days.

Btw, what time is Pizza King open until? I think it's 10:00, but I always forget. I need to know whether to try to run up there after I'm off of work, or head straight to Perkins.

Jose Slaughter
03-21-2007, 01:26 PM
We'll be there til just after 9.

See ya at Perkins.

OnlyPacersLeft
03-21-2007, 07:42 PM
dust pan it is!

Robertmto
03-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I get off at 9 so I'll have to make it to the Perkins portion only.

Naptown_Seth
03-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Able, did you catch a ride then?

Hicks
03-23-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm waiting to hear from him via email.

special ed
03-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Well, I had hoped to experience something like this, and face the hazing, but missing work both Thursday and Friday and getting a prescription called Tamiflu has put me on the shelf.:(
It's probably a good night to have it, considering the Pacers one game resurgence. Proves that if we could simply get a consistent 3rd and 4th scorer, this/every team's fortunes vastly improve.
Enjoy, hope to make the next one!

Hicks
03-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I will be bringing my camera. If you are attending, you will have an opportunity to make your own "Digest Report" a la Peck. ;)

If it were truly a video camera (this one with my 1GB card will max at about 18 minutes), I'd try videotaping one complete "round" of conversation on a topic. I might take snippets to give people a sense of what it's like.

Shade
03-24-2007, 01:56 PM
I made it pretty clear that I want to be the first one out tonight when possible. I'm usually the one who opts to stay late so others can leave early (like last night), but not tonight.

Realistically, I'll probably get out around 10:00 - 10:30, so expect me at Perkins around 11:00 or so. Anything earlier than that is gravy.

Trader Joe
03-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Well I have been occupied by the all powerful family event. I will see if I can attempt to get away at some point, but right now I would say it is doubtful that I am going to be able to make any part of this, which ticks me off just a bit. I really wanted to meet you guys in person.

Pig Nash
03-24-2007, 05:05 PM
I am sorry I could not go, my friend had to go to the hospital and then I got roped into some other things.

DisplacedKnick
03-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Sorry folks - the sun was shining outside and I got busy.

indygeezer
03-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Well the party was fun...it was just the WRONG party. Considering the coffee desert kept me awake beyond 3:40 this AM I shoulda just gotten up and headed for Perkins.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Roferr
03-25-2007, 12:44 PM
How many attended the party? I was tied up with company but could have made it with a little begging out. Probably should have opted to attend.

Shade
03-27-2007, 12:06 PM
I think it's safe to unstick this now.