PDA

View Full Version : Interviews with Jax, Al and yes he is critical of Rick again

Unclebuck
01-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Listen if you want. There isn't anything new in these. It is always funny to hear the questions and comments from the interviewers, they make it sound like Al, Jax and Runi are really great players as in wait why did we trade them. I'm sure Warriors fans would have the same reaction listening to our media interview our new player.

http://www.nba.com/media/warriors/Jackson_Fitz_011807.mp3

http://www.nba.com/media/warriors/Harrington_R&T_011807.mp3

NuffSaid
01-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm a little bit surprised about both interviews.

First off, to hear Al speak he never wanted to come back to the Pacers in the first place. Apparently, GS was his first choice, but he settled for Indy (or should I say he took the best [money] offer he could get at the time). What's even more interesting besides his displeasure of playing in RC's system was to hear him speak about JO wanting his touches. Well, JO is the franchise player and captain of this team. Why shouldn't he be the front runner on the team?

And then there's Jax2...his interview wasn't too bad, but it was also rather telling. Apparently, he disliked playing in RC's system enough that he just wouldn't play the right way often. He also mentioned there were negotiations in the works to trade him over the summer, but it never went through for one reason or another.

All I can say to both is, "Good Luck and Good Riddens!" :spitout:

RWB
01-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm a little bit surprised about both interviews.

First off, to hear Al speak he never wanted to come back to the Pacers in the first place. Apparently, GS was his first choice, but he settled for Indy (or should I say he took the best [money] offer he could get at the time).

Yeah, a little disappointing to say the least. Good for Al since he finally made it to where he really wanted to be.

Anthem
01-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Everybody's happy. Works for me.

I'll say this though... the offense didn't run any better with Al in there than JO. In fact, it ran significantly worse.

Other than that, good luck to Al and Stephen on their new team.

speakout4
01-19-2007, 06:59 PM
In the near future Al is going to run out of excuses. Atlanta didn't want him and now neither does Indy.

tora tora
01-19-2007, 08:18 PM
What's even more interesting besides his displeasure of playing in RC's system was to hear him speak about JO wanting his touches.

It's no surprise that at least half the players on the roster don't like playing for Carlisle. Artest was the only one with the balls to come out and say it straight up. I'm sure O'neal probably feels the same way. :shrug:

aero
01-19-2007, 08:22 PM
im happy they are gone then, its nice to see them to show their true colors. thanks alot guys :rolleyes:

rexnom
01-19-2007, 08:26 PM
It's no surprise that at least half the players on the roster don't like playing for Carlisle. Artest was the only one with the balls to come out and say it straight up. I'm sure O'neal probably feels the same way. :shrug:
I think O'Neal loves it. He clearly flourishes under it.

Unclebuck
01-19-2007, 08:29 PM

I wonder what percentage of NBA players like playing for their current coach - it can't be much more than 50%. They don't say anything though. How many people like their bosses in real life. Maybe 50%.

denyfizle
01-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Al and Jacks are expendable really with Granger and Daniels around but that doesn't mean their comments about Carlisle are insignificant. Billups, Big Ben and most of the Piston players then didn;t like RC's system either that's why he got fired in Detroit. It's not just 1,2,3 cases. I don't care how great a coach you think yuo are but if at least half of the talented players you've coached dislike playing fir you, that means something. If this still doesn't pan out, we should fire RC once and for all.

dohman
01-19-2007, 08:51 PM
I hope both players have burned the bridge to the point where donnie doesnt even want them in the building when they play the pacers. What happened with having respect and going out on a good note. Its typical they had to "voice" their opinions and look like asses doing it.

As far as the not playing in Rick's system. He is the boss and a proven one. The pacers are one of the only teams that I enjoy watching. I cannot stand run and gun basketball. I enjoy the slowdown half court offense and get the good shot. They are two to three pieces closer to having a roster of players that can play in that type of system. That actually prefer to play in that type of system and flourish. Once we can move JT and get a PG that can make good plays and doesnt worry about how many point's he is going to get himself then we will be good to go.