PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a press conference to introduce the newest pacers today ?

aero
01-19-2007, 10:16 AM
I was wondering, will there be a press conference today to introduce the newest additions to the Indiana Pacers..or will they just come here, then play tomorrow without any formal introduction :blush:

Hicks
01-19-2007, 11:54 AM
It'd be nice if there is. I haven't heard anything about it, however.

odeez
01-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome to Dunleavy Jr., Murphy, Mcleod and especially IKE. May your basketball careers reach new heights in Indiana. The more I think about this trade, the more I like it. I still think that Indy needs to make one more move.

Unclebuck
01-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I would imagine there will be. If there is it will be after practice. But I don't know when they practice after a road game. They probably got home last night around 2:00 AM. So they likely didn't start practice today until a little later then normal. Don't ask me what normal is though.
Practice ended Wednesday (the day of the trade) at about 1:30

I want to hear from our new players. Yes I know they will say all the right things - but I still want to hear from them

tadscout
01-19-2007, 06:23 PM
:bump:

Any word???

Unclebuck
01-19-2007, 08:30 PM
No press conference. All 3 local TV news stations during their sports reports had about a 30-45 second worth of some quotes from Murph, Dun and Ike. They were on the practice court. I saw each of the three, nothing too interesting.
If the stations put the reports on their websites we'll post a link.

Edit: here is something. Just click on their handsome faces and you'll get some quotes
http://www.nba.com/pacers/

Ike's season high of 27 points at Detroit 12 of 15 shooting is impressive.

aero
01-19-2007, 09:24 PM
yeah i was kinda disappointed that there wasn't a press conference ah well. I look forward to seeing the new guys play tomorrow night. Ive got my DVR set

Unclebuck
01-19-2007, 09:26 PM
McLoud is out a couple of weeks abdominal strain

rexnom
01-19-2007, 09:30 PM
McLoud is out a couple of weeks abdominal strain
They do realize that they don't have to make up injuries for the guys any longer, right?

Jermaniac
01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
If Carlisle plays Baston over Ike, I will stop watching Pacers games. Off topic I know but I had it on my mind as I was watching Ike speak.

Jermaniac
01-19-2007, 09:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/gsw/photos

Some pics of the Ex-Pacers in their new jerseys

Alpolloloco
01-19-2007, 09:50 PM
If Carlisle plays Baston over Ike, I will stop watching Pacers games. Off topic I know but I had it on my mind as I was watching Ike speak.

I think Baston's minutes will come more from releiving Foster/Murphy at the C spot, so your boy Ike will get his minutes at PF.

On the other hand, if you indeed stop watching games, do you also stop posting here? ;)

bnd45
01-19-2007, 10:41 PM
I loved how Mcleod's speech was 1 sentence. Overall Dunleavy was the only one who seemed semi-comfortable addressing Pacer Nation during the cheesy segment.

Murph and Dunleavy both ditched the shaggy hairstyles. (Hopefully this means no more shoe string headband for MDJ)

Unclebuck
01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm glad they did get haircuts. Although Dunleavy's is still a little long, but still much better

JayRedd
01-20-2007, 02:30 AM
Just click on their handsome faces and you'll get some quotes
http://www.nba.com/pacers/

How come these dudes all smoked a blunt right before the photoshoot? Everyone buy Ike looks blazed as a mother-shut-yo-mouth.

Frank Slade
01-20-2007, 02:44 AM
Full name is Ikechukwn Somtochukwn Diogu
OK.... I can see why he goes by Ike ;)

Has a 74 wingspan... :-o

Raskolnikov
01-20-2007, 04:31 AM
First Ike said he was only gonna give 100%...luckily he corrected himself to 110% (why not 120, Ike? Hm?). I was already questioning his attitude there for a little while...

FrenchConnection
01-20-2007, 09:04 AM
How come these dudes all smoked a blunt right before the photoshoot? Everyone buy Ike looks blazed as a mother-shut-yo-mouth.

The interviews were after practice! I want them to look spent after practice. Or maybe they were welcomed to Indiana by Mel Mel?

Mourning
01-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Well ... MAYBE the practice was much more about learning the plays then running suicides? ;)

Regards,

Mourning :cool: