PDA

View Full Version : More Ron Artest hijinx

Shade
01-18-2007, 04:30 PM
http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070117.wsptrapsearly17/GSStory/GlobeSportsBasketball/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20070117.wsptrapsearly17

Artest: 'We're just fine'

MICHAEL GRANGE
Globe and Mail Update

<!-- dateline -->
Toronto<!-- /dateline --> —

Toronto Raptor fans hopeful that their club is poised to continue their winning ways with a win at home against the visiting Sacramento Kings tonight should first listen to Ron Artest.

While the Kings [14-21] might seem like easy pickings, having lost their last six games, the mercurial forward says things are about to change.

"We're not struggling, we're just fine," said Artest. "We're not struggling; we're going to win now. We were just playing around a little bit."

The Kings handled the Raptors [18-21] easily when teams met in Sacramento in early November, a win that improved their record to 4-2 and had some observers pegged as a certain playoff team in the Western Conference.

Instead they've struggled with chemistry issues. Selfish is an adjective that gets thrown their way, as they rank 19th in the NBA is assists. They also rank 13th in the NBA in three point attempts, but dead last in efficiency, having converted only 31 per cent.

But Artest says that everything that's happened before was just a warm-up.

"Our record isn't what it should be. Sometimes you got to stop playing around and take the game serious," he said. "We're going to start talking it serious, we're going turn it around right now.

"We're going stop playing around. We're going to play hard, do what it takes to win."

If he's right, the Kings could be a significant test for the Raptors. With a line-up featuring Artest — the 6-foot-7, 255 forward is considered a top-10 talent when he's focused -- Brad Miller, Mike Bibby and Kevin Martin, an emerging all-star, Sacramento is a team not to be taken lightly.

The Kings have lost three of their last six in overtime, and were leading by three with 1:21 to play before the Knicks Jamaal Crawford scored eight points in the final 1:07 to give New York the win.

"All I'm thinking about is Sacramento," said Raptors coach Sam Mitchell on the subject of the Raptors five-game homestand. "If you start thinking you should win games just because you're at home, it's a trap."

Btw, this was quoted just before the Kings lost their seventh straight game, 101-85 last night to the Raptors, getting outscored 33-16 in the 4th quarter. What a nut. :spitout: :crazy: :rotflmao:

Unclebuck
01-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Shade you never miss the opportunity. I think we all should take the advice that we gave Kings fans about a year ago, never, never ever pay any attention to what Ronnie says

Naptown_Seth
01-18-2007, 04:33 PM
That's some bad-*** predicting by Ron. I think he sprained his 6th sense or something.

vapacersfan
01-18-2007, 04:35 PM
I know this might seem like it is getting repetitive, but again I ask:

Ron who?

Shade
01-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I just posted this as a reminder to all those who aren't fans of the Pacers' recent moves (of which I am a member of said party), that it could be much worse. ;)

ajbry
01-18-2007, 04:37 PM
:sadbanana

No Foul Monday references, damn.