PDA

View Full Version : Thank you PD

NPFII
01-18-2007, 09:19 AM
First and foremost - I will admit it - I am a Sarunas Jasikevicius fan. That's what brought me here to PD in the 1st place a year and a half ago. That's what's sending me now to follow the Warriors of the Golden State...

To tell you the truth - I never really liked the Pacers since when they sucked in the 80s, and thru the 90s when the Knicks rivalry was on - I was on the Knicks side. I did root for you guys when you almost knocked off MJ in '98 and Reggie's pushoff and winning 3 in game 5 sent me jumping off my couch at 6:00 AM in the morning (game times in Israel... you can spot the NBA fans the next day - red eyes, weary, and with a smug look on their faces like saying "I know something that you dont"...)

I was very excited when Larry Bird recruited Saras & gave him, finally, the chance he deserved in the NBA. I admit I thought (and still believe) that Saras would be better. Blame can go around and hit almost everyone, but I dont want to go into that. Saras will have a new environment now to show his skills and to prove me and anyone else right or wrong.

I truly hope for the Pacers sake that the TEAM gets better, that it wont be a 1st round exit this year, and that you NEVER trade Danny Granger. Oh, and that Baston still gets to play - he was just starting to get it going...

And now to the point - the best experience I've had personally from Saras' tenure at Indy was this forum. I dont know if GS has anything like it, or any other team for that fact. I've seen the forums on realgm, Rats, and elsewhere, but this forum tops them all - easily! So I'd like to thank you all for letting me in on the fun, the colourful discussions, the humour, the rivalries, the information, the intelligence and the whole demeanour surrounding this site. If only the team was that good... ;)

I haven't posted much in the past, and probably wont in the future, but I will probably check up on "what's with the Pacers (and my man Baston)" once in a while.

Keep it up, and a huge THANK YOU ALL!

Roferr
01-18-2007, 09:25 AM
First and foremost - I will admit it - I am a Sarunas Jasikevicius fan. That's what brought me here to PD in the 1st place a year and a half ago. That's what's sending me now to follow the Warriors of the Golden State...

To tell you the truth - I never really liked the Pacers since when they sucked in the 80s, and thru the 90s when the Knicks rivalry was on - I was on the Knicks side. I did root for you guys when you almost knocked off MJ in '98 and Reggie's pushoff and winning 3 in game 5 sent me jumping off my couch at 6:00 AM in the morning (game times in Israel... you can spot the NBA fans the next day - red eyes, weary, and with a smug look on their faces like saying "I know something that you dont"...)

I was very excited when Larry Bird recruited Saras & gave him, finally, the chance he deserved in the NBA. I admit I thought (and still believe) that Saras would be better. Blame can go around and hit almost everyone, but I dont want to go into that. Saras will have a new environment now to show his skills and to prove me and anyone else right or wrong.

I truly hope for the Pacers sake that the TEAM gets better, that it wont be a 1st round exit this year, and that you NEVER trade Danny Granger. Oh, and that Baston still gets to play - he was just starting to get it going...

And now to the point - the best experience I've had personally from Saras' tenure at Indy was this forum. I dont know if GS has anything like it, or any other team for that fact. I've seen the forums on realgm, Rats, and elsewhere, but this forum tops them all - easily! So I'd like to thank you all for letting me in on the fun, the colourful discussions, the humour, the rivalries, the information, the intelligence and the whole demeanour surrounding this site. If only the team was that good... ;)

I haven't posted much in the past, and probably wont in the future, but I will probably check up on "what's with the Pacers (and my man Baston)" once in a while.

Good luck in your future endeavor with the Warriors message board.

I, too, thought that Runi never truly got a chance to run the team. He's slow but he makes up for it in his court vision, saaviness and passing ability. I still think that his shot will come around.

I don't know how much of a chance he will get with the Warriors as they are pretty well fixed in the PG position. He may well be moved on to another team.

I certainly hope that he gets a legitmate shot with the Warriors or is traded to a team that truly needs a PG.

Seed
01-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Same story with me, except I think I will stick around. What can I say, I really like the team and the forum.. (even though UB's typos are not what they used to be).

It's going to be weird though, when GS play the Pacers. Generally I'm with the Pacers, but on this specific game I wish Tins will outscore Saras, but GS to severely outplay the Pacers. Homage to real good ol' ball sharing, if you will.

The Pacers are now heading for a new start. Hope its a good one.

:gopacers:

Hicks
01-18-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. :)

I wish Sarunas the best in Golden State, I was high on him last year and still liked him this year.

NPFII
01-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Same story with me, except I think I will stick around. What can I say, I really like the team and the forum.. (even though UB's typos are not what they used to be).

It's going to be weird though, when GS play the Pacers. Generally I'm with the Pacers, but on this specific game I wish Tins will outscore Saras, but GS to severely outplay the Pacers. Homage to real good ol' ball sharing, if you will.

The Pacers are now heading for a new start. Hope its a good one.

:gopacers:

Seed, what really bums me out is that tonight finally our stupid channel 5 (or is it ESPN-Israel?) are finally showing a Pacers game - Pacers vs Heat. It's like they knew about the trade in advance and are doing everything they can to annoy their viewers... :confused:

pacerfreak
01-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Good luck to you. I really think this is a great thing for Sarunus. I never watched him before the Pacers got him. I liked what I saw and felt like he could have contributed much more and been a floor leader for the pacers, however not so with Carlisle's system. I hope he gets some pt with the warriors. He might just do well and surprise some of his doubters. I'm still a Pacers fan through and through but I don't see this trade as good or bad.....a bit puzzling to me actually.

Seed
01-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Seed, what really bums me out is that tonight finally our stupid channel 5 (or is it ESPN-Israel?) are finally showing a Pacers game - Pacers vs Heat. It's like they knew about the trade in advance and are doing everything they can to annoy their viewers... :confused:
LOL. Yeah I was waiting for this broadcast too.
Guess we'll have to content with Dunleavy Jr.
:)

FrenchConnection
01-18-2007, 10:20 AM
LOL. Yeah I was waiting for this broadcast too.
Guess we'll have to content with Dunleavy Jr.

Get ready for a 10 point or greater loss as none of the new players are going to play and Shaq is. Hey, I don't know where Saras' minutes are going to come from in GS (Baron and Ellis are ahead of him) but I do wish him the best.

RWB
01-18-2007, 12:11 PM

Don't make yourself a stranger your always welcome at your 2nd home. ;)

Israfan
01-18-2007, 01:07 PM
I've enjoyed PD too. Especially last year as a Lithfan.

However I got so tired of EuroVsNBA and Saras cant defend DatDude grandma discussions that I've stopped posting.
Then I saw few games and realized that there is nothing I want to post about except the issue above. Sorry but this team is boring. Underachieving, bad chemistry, stubborn coach... you name it.
I hope that now with new additions something will change here. But I guess Pacers have to fire the coach and trade JO.

In any case, it was nice to be here.

P.S. DatDude aka Jermaniac: look at my avatar - Saras>JO.

Trader Joe
01-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Don't let the door hit you guys on the way out...

Israfan
01-18-2007, 01:11 PM
By the way NPFII and Seed, the best GS forum I've found so far is:
www.goldenstwarriors.com
You can find me there as Israfan. And yeah I hate channel 5, 5+.

Alpolloloco
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Sad to see most Sarunas fans go. They gave me the feeling I wasn't alone with my toughts on Jasik.

I'm looking forward for his next episode in GSW, and I will root for him.

Thanx Runi, you are a GOD! ;)

vapacersfan
01-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Don't let the door hit you guys on the way out...

Stay classy.....

Pitons
01-18-2007, 01:58 PM
By the way NPFII and Seed, the best GS forum I've found so far is:
www.goldenstwarriors.com (http://www.goldenstwarriors.com)
You can find me there as Israfan. And yeah I hate channel 5, 5+.

Try this - http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=15
It has more threads, posts and views (more than 90 000 posts from 2005 December 27). You have to register at realgm and you will be able to post in other teams' forums too if I'm right.

Me also want to thank to all PD members. Really a GREAT board you have here. As you may guess, more of my attention will go to Golden state. But I will come here to see how Pacers are doing from time to time, mostly to read and as I never was much of a poster, so it won't make much of a difference to this board anyway.

I wish good luck to all of you and Pacers of course. :)

Trader Joe
01-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Stay classy.....

I would but they have mucked up the board for the past year and a half and they have gotten away with it cause they said they were true Pacer fans. Now they're true colors come out. They criticized people like ajbry all the time for being a fanboy of Jack's who would disappear when he was traded. Well ajbry has shown he is a true Pacer fan and they are disappearing and I say good riddance.

RWB
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Stay classy.....

Good point VA. When was Peck's post again? :rolleyes:

Alpolloloco
01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I would but they have mucked up the board for the past year and a half and they have gotten away with it cause they said they were true Pacer fans. Now they're true colors come out. They criticized people like ajbry all the time for being a fanboy of Jack's who would disappear when he was traded. Well ajbry has shown he is a true Pacer fan and they are disappearing and I say good riddance.

Not all Sarunas fans are going, I will stay as I'm a Pacers fan first and a Jasik fan second.

So I will continue to contribute to this great forum, although some posters would rather have me gone too (I know who you are!).

Since86
01-18-2007, 02:26 PM

NPFII didn't come in as a Pacer fan, hint his user name: NEW Pacer Fan In Israel.

He was NEW, because of Saras. It really shouldn't matter though. Just because someone calls you an a**hole, doesn't mean you have to drop down and call them one. Just because they "mucked" up the board, doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to belittle their time here.

Trader Joe
01-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Not all Sarunas fans are going, I will stay as I'm a Pacers fan first and a Jasik fan second.

So I will continue to contribute to this great forum, although some posters would rather have me gone too (I know who you are!).

And I actually believe you have done a good job with the forum and your posting. I think we can all agree that the Sarunas era was tense and that the board will probably benefit from his departure just because he was a major area of disagreement.

Putnam
01-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Reggie's pushoff and winning 3 in game 5 sent me jumping off my couch at 6:00 AM in the morning (game times in Israel... you can spot the NBA fans the next day - red eyes, weary, and with a smug look on their faces like saying "I know something that you dont"...)

How does that work? Jerusalem is 7 hours ahead of of the east coast. That would make our 7pm starts 2am for you. Maybe the games are tape delayed?

I was going to suggest that maybe rooting for a west coast team (10 hours difference) would be easier for you.

Whatever the case good luck to Sarunas and to you, NPFII.

Hicks
01-18-2007, 03:26 PM
No rules have been broken here, but let's keep things from getting chippy, guys.

If they want to leave, and they take the time to thank us for the time on their way out, more power to them IMO.

Mourning
01-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Sorry to see you go, guys. The discussions were getting on my nerves sometimes, but that's no biggie. I liked having Sarunas here and it's a pitty it didn't work out for him here. Take care all and be sure to visit once in a while.

:cheers:

ajbry
01-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I was actually growing somewhat fond of Sarunas (honestly, I never expected that to happen) and his play this season is certainly a marked improvement over last year. He was an asset in several games this year, in which he greatly assisted our chances at winning each particular game.

I wish him the best in Golden State, and hope you enjoy continuing to follow him.

caaprius
01-18-2007, 04:39 PM

that's just the way it is. you have been Pacers fans for many years, we, first of all, follow our native teams and native players. I also came to this board because of Saras and I wasn't active poster, but I do have to agree that this forum made me like Pacers more. Saras is gone, but somehow I still feel some love for the Pacers - because of PD. so this forum still will be on my top visited Favorites links ;)

lumber man
01-18-2007, 05:01 PM
one of the highlights of the year thus far for me was the game where towards the end, sarunas was really pumped and j.o. had just done something incredible:D and sarunas ran over to j.o. to celebrate and j.o. kinda gave him a hug and bumped his head in appreciation of a real teammate. that's what sarunas is, a real teammate.

NPFII
01-22-2007, 08:47 AM
How does that work? Jerusalem is 7 hours ahead of of the east coast. That would make our 7pm starts 2am for you. Maybe the games are tape delayed?

I was going to suggest that maybe rooting for a west coast team (10 hours difference) would be easier for you.

Whatever the case good luck to Sarunas and to you, NPFII.

Playoff games start later (8pm eastern = 3am my time), and they take forever, so it's at around 6 am...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to clarify - I've always declared myself as a Sarunas fan first, Pacers fan second. I believed (and I still do, btw) that the Pacers (as a TEAM) would benefit from Sarunas playing more, and to his strengths, and that's one of the prime reasons I'm a Sarunas fan in the 1st place - he makes his TEAM better.

I'm pretty glad that all the Euro vs NBA discussions were out there, along with the pass-first, shoot-first PG, and coaching styles, running, tempo, defense, and what-not. What point would there be to a board if everyone agreed on everything (as long as it stays within normal boundaries)?!

Personally I enjoyed my stay here, and I just wanted to voice my appreciation to this board. If that causes negative reactions from some members (wanting some doors shut and such), then so be it.