PDA

View Full Version : short and to the point comments on trade

FireTheCoach
01-18-2007, 08:33 AM
I think Larry and Donnie are looking for more intelligent players.... err make that people... to play for this team.

Basketball IQ.... yeah whatever, I hear that mentioned all the time on here and have yet to see a good definition of what it means exactly.... but I'll say this, Al has always struck me as being just one step above stupid. Obviously Jax was a moron prone to impulsive actions. I'm talking about these two as people more than players.... they just both seemed to me to be regular stops on the short bus route.

I liked Saras, the guy can get you the ball in scoring position better than anyone else we had. Too bad IMO that he didn't work out here and really I think that he was added to the trade for reasons other than just TPTB not wanting him here. I would guess it was more $$ matching than anything else.

So anyway... I'm down with the trade.... doesn't bother me at all. Hated Jax, never ever ever ever ever cared for Harrington.

Go Pacers!

Haggard
01-18-2007, 08:42 AM
I think it makes the Pacers a more balanced and better team straight away

although i think we acquired Dunleavy to send to the Clips for Maggette.

McKeyFan
01-18-2007, 08:44 AM
I don't see Al as stupid, but I do see perhaps a trend where he has made choices to be more style than substance.

One example would be his passion for offense over defense. In his early Pacer days, he had a rep for being a good defender. His role model in those days was Antonio Davis.

I was a little disturbed by the interview where he said he was glad to still be teamed with Jax--something to the effect that he liked and respected him.

Well, I'm sorry, but if your homey--and maybe even role model--is a guy who finds trouble and can't respect his coach, that's going down the wrong road.

Al, who was always tempted to be the offensive black hole, apparently found his black hole mentor, both with offense and direction in general.

golstarr99
01-18-2007, 08:53 AM
I don't see Al as stupid, but I do see perhaps a trend where he has made choices to be more style than substance.

One example would be his passion for offense over defense. In his early Pacer days, he had a rep for being a good defender. His role model in those days was Antonio Davis.

I was a little disturbed by the interview where he said he was glad to still be teamed with Jax--something to the effect that he liked and respected him.

Well, I'm sorry, but if your homey--and maybe even role model--is a guy who finds trouble and can't respect his coach, that's going down the wrong road.

Al, who was always tempted to be the offensive black hole, apparently found his black hole mentor, both with offense and direction in general.

WOW. Everyone on the team loves Jack. It's funny you sit behind a computer thinking you are Mr. Know-it-All. Guess what? Jermaine has loved for Jack...the whole team does....I love how people think they know so much when they don't know anything and judge so much.

Bball
01-18-2007, 10:40 AM
WOW. Everyone on the team loves Jack. It's funny you sit behind a computer thinking you are Mr. Know-it-All. Guess what? Jermaine has loved for Jack...the whole team does....I love how people think they know so much when they don't know anything and judge so much.

That may speak more to the problems with this team than anything bad about the fans that lost faith in Sjax....

-Bball