PDA

View Full Version : VA Speaks- 1-17-07 "The Trade [not heard] around the NBA"

vapacersfan
01-18-2007, 12:00 AM
I am sure none of you care, but I have finally figured out hot to guarantee the Pacers make a move. I always am on the CPU right when I get off of work, but today I was just sick as a dog after work so I just crashed on my bed and did not even bother to watch any TV/check my phone/check my internet. Imagine my shock when I logged onto Pacers.com (which I don’t do often) and saw the headline “New Faces Expected to Fit in”.

Ok, on to the move.

First of all, I do find one thing incredibly funny. People here are always *****ing and moaning because TPTB will never take risk and admit they made a mistake, yet they finally took a risk (and took on some not so nice sized contracts) in order to get rid of Jackson and people are saying “What idiots”.

It just proves that you cant please all of the people all the time.

I am equally as shocked that we knew nothing of this trade. It today’s age of technology that is very rare. I have no clue if that is a plus or minus, or if it even matters, but it is impressive none the less.

The Pacers got killed talent wise, but getting rid of Jackson is enough to make most any Pacers fan thrilled.

I know I am not the first to say this, but there is no way this deal is the only deal we make. We need to upgrade out back-court, so I don’t think this is the last move we make. If it is I will be highly disappointed in TPTB.

After all JO has said the past few years, he should be happy. He has started to put up huge numbers again this year, and now TPTB have acquired pieces to build a team around him. This trade tells me JO is not going anywhere any time soon.

I almost died when I read a post today, I believe it was by “Dat Dude”. He said his favorite Jackson moment was "the one time he passed the ball to his teammate".

He was kidding. Maybe.

I don’t think it is right to bash a guy after you know he is gone, but I will say he brought a lot of bad but he also had his good moments here. It is a shame most everyone will remember him for only the bad.

I am not going to break down the move player by player, because that has been done a lot already (some really good posts so far today, great work by everyone. Well except for those saying they are no longer Pacers fans, but this is neither the time nor the place. If one can give up so easily on a franchise I have to wonder why they even follow sports in general. You are going to go through ups and downs being a fan.)

At the end of the day I think this was a trade that made us a better team, something that we badly needed, and also made us a more attractive team to the casual fan.

I am not sure if this transaction is the answer to the entire problem(s) we have faced as a franchise in the past, but it is a step in the right direction.

Naptown_Seth
01-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Well some of the complainers weren't in the "the Pacers never take risks" camp. I'm one of them.

In fact at this point the amount of turnover is outright annoying. Remember how the problem was that the suspensions and injuries had ruined STABILITY with the lineup.

And here they are turning it over every 5 months. I know Al was struggling to fit, but dang. And a 4 for 4 deal no less.

I'd like to see the same starting lineup get 50 starts together in a season at some point. When did that last happen? Maybe the 03-04 season (Anderson started a bunch of games over Tins that year)?

vapacersfan
01-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Prior to the Artest trade I would get annoyed with the fact that it seemed like DW was willing to “sit tight” and just wait and see how his teams would mesh throughout the course of the season.

With that said, I see nothing wrong with the move we just made.

You say the amount of turnover is “annoying”, but lets be honest here. Was this team really going to be making noise come this July? I think this team would be a .500 team, maybe a few games better, but that is about it.

At least with this trade TPTB recognize that mistakes were made and that we needed some fresh facees.

It was no secret Jackson was on a “zero tolerance” policy, and that was before the Club Rio incident.

I was one of those that was torn on seeing Al come back home, but the simply reality was it just plain was not working out.

I would rahter see them make one or two more moves then people expected then see them sit right and say “Be patient. There is always next year”.

As for the same starting line-up, that got ruined when our team had “mucho issues”, starting with Artest and on down the line.

We have really cleaned this team up from 11/19, and no matter how much people try to twist it and see that indecent is in the past, it isn’t. I hear it everyday. Anytime I want to talk about the Pacers someone has to bring up that incident, and we are half far removed from that event happening?

Jay wanted Rick gone, but frankly I would have no problem with us keeping the remaining guys from that night. Right now we have JO, DH, and Tinsley. It is no secret I want David gone, I don’t think he will ever get it. JO we are building around, I don’t think he is going anywhere.

I am torn on Tinsley, but I think he is getting his “last chance” with this new roster. If he still has problems it is going to be him or RC. I don’t know who will be the one to leave, but I promise you it will be one of them.

I have no problem with giving a group of guys time to mesh, but we saw these guys “attempt to mesh” and it just wasn’t working.