PDA

View Full Version : Murphy as our new Brad Miller

Jermaniac
01-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Back when Brad was a Pacer I didnt have a league pass so I didnt get a chance to see him and JO play together as much.

So I got a question for you guys.

Do you think Troy Murphy could be JO's new Brad Miller? Troy will have to be guarded and Fosters defender cant cheat over any more because Foster cant hit a shot. Troy has a very good midrange jumper, so I'm happy we got him for that reason.

Did Brad's passing have anything to do with him being such a good fit with JO?

Evan_The_Dude
01-17-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't think Brad was the passer he is now in Sacramento, but it helped. Mostly what helped was Brad's rebounding and ability to be effective without the ball -- while still being able to score if needed. Being from the Bay Area like you are, I've watched Troy a lot over the years and I think the similarities in the role he'd probably play with JO would be similar to what Brad Miller did. He's certainly capable.

NOTE: I didn't just compare Troy to Brad. I just compared the roles they'd play next to JO.

BlueNGold
01-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Back when Brad was a Pacer I didnt have a league pass so I didnt get a chance to see him and JO play together as much.

So I got a question for you guys.

Do you think Troy Murphy could be JO's new Brad Miller? Troy will have to be guarded and Fosters defender cant cheat over any more because Foster cant hit a shot. Troy has a very good midrange jumper, so I'm happy we got him for that reason.

Did Brad's passing have anything to do with him being such a good fit with JO?

Miller made the all-star team for a reason. He is bigger and more physical than Murphy. Miller is better at passing and just as good at shooting. Murphy is a softer, smaller version of Miller. Not a bad player, but not as good IMO.