PDA

View Full Version : So if no more moves are made...

PostArtestEra
01-17-2007, 10:00 PM
How do you see the season playing out for the teams involved in today's trade? Personally, I don't think this trade has made our team any better. I'll say we win 46 games which will be good for the 7th seed. I foresee another first round bouncing, and an offseason of change( bye to JO). I see the Warriors squeeking into the playoffs and also getting ousted in the first round, although I think they could be good next year. Thoughts???

Trader Joe
01-17-2007, 10:04 PM
If no more moves are made we have one of the worst backcourts in the league.

PostArtestEra
01-17-2007, 10:09 PM

This is a reality we might have to face.
JT/ DA
MDJr./Daniels
Yikes!! Pretty soon people are going to be yearning for Jack and Runi. I never thought I'd say that.

Anthem
01-17-2007, 10:12 PM
if no more moves are made...
Nothing good can come after that.

We need to make more moves.

sportsmusicxboxpacer
01-17-2007, 10:16 PM
i knew this going happen we going get a trade for who? my guess eddie jones ?

PostArtestEra
01-17-2007, 10:22 PM
I think its a little presumptuous to assume we are going to make more moves. While I think this team looks bad now I don't think TPTB do.

Anthem
01-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I think its a little presumptuous to assume we are going to make more moves. While I think this team looks bad now I don't think TPTB do.
Agree. I said the same thing after last year's Peja trade, and ended up being right. Hopefully we learned our lesson last year.

PostArtestEra
01-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Something just occured to me. Where the hell does this leave David Harrison. Don't we have to try and move him at this point. Or do we have him sit on the end of the bench for the next 2 or 3 years.

Shade
01-17-2007, 10:31 PM
If no more moves are made we're still about a .500 team. More moves need to be made.

Unclebuck
01-17-2007, 10:32 PM

I'm in 100% agreement - but I would have agreed with that statement prior to the trade.

PostArtestEra
01-17-2007, 10:33 PM
If no more moves are made we're still about a .500 team. More moves need to be made.

See its not that more moves need to be made, its that better moves need to be made. Based on what I've read, I just don't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong.

imawhat
01-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I think this move will shift our defensive prowess. I know we're bringing in some different players, but moving Greene up to the #2 spot will completely stop dribble penetration.

I'm interested to see how it plays out. We'll be getting a good bench player for sure, and some pressure will be taken off of O'Neal. That's what encourages me.

BlueNGold
01-17-2007, 10:55 PM
I have a difficult time believing we gave up our #2 and #3 options to a sub .500 team that kept their top 5 scorers and were able to dump two bad contracts in the process.

I am all for getting rid of Jack, but we got ripped. Certainly we could have dealt Harrington for something better.

Overall, I really doubt that Murphy is better than Foster. He will need to mesh very well with JO to convince me otherwise. 10M/yr is very expensive for a backup. He has to start and produce or we are screwed.

Dunleavy has been a disappointment, is an overrated shooter...and also is well overpaid. Maybe TPTB knows something, but maybe this is another Sarunas trade...an even more expensive mistake.

If Ike pans out, great. However, he is not playing SF any more than Harrington...and he's too short to be our C. Maybe he can matchup with the physical interior players so JO doesn't have to get any bruises on him. At least Ike looks like the type of physical player we could use. But he is a foul magnet just like Harrison. There just might be a reason he was planted on the bench at GS.

There had better be more moves in the works, because our backcourt situation is a disastor. Granger should not be playing SG. I am getting very afraid that Bird is now calling the shots...and is not cut out for the job. If this does not pan out, the Simons might need to clean out the nest.

FrenchConnection
01-17-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm in 100% agreement - but I would have agreed with that statement prior to the trade.

Exactly!! That's the point. The Pacers did not get any worse, but they may have gotten better. However, I think that there will be more moves.

Trader Joe
01-17-2007, 10:57 PM
I really don't know what Donnie and Larry would be thinking if they don't upgrade the backcourt. This lineup will still make the playoffs in the East so no chance of upgrading it in the draft, I think they have to do a trade.

speakout4
01-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I could live with this trade were it not for Dunleavy who has had his dad raise his value by claiming to want to trade for him. All his dad was doing was helping to get him out of a bad situuation in SF. Dunleavy's contract is as bad as Croshere's and he is probably less talented. I agree that Harrison is now very expendable and the Maggette for Dunleavy is not going to happen since if it were to go down it would have been a three way trade.

Does this really make sense to anyone? Who is the backup PG or the starting SG.

Lord Helmet
01-17-2007, 11:18 PM
I would hope there would be more moves.....

Evan_The_Dude
01-17-2007, 11:21 PM
At least for now Danny is our 2-guard. At least that's what Carlisle said on his show...

BlueNGold
01-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Does this really make sense to anyone? Who is the backup PG or the starting SG.

Someone posted that Granger would be the starting SG....something said during RC's interview tonight? I can only presume that means Dunleavy will start at SF...because Daniels would be the SG otherwise.

Since Murphy is making 10M/yr, I can only presume he will start at C. He's too expensive to put on the bench.

I think our defense is going to be an absolute mess if we have Murphy, Dunleavy and Tinsley starting.

!Pacers-Fan!
01-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Golden State made a smart deal...we're going down...no playoffs...