PDA

View Full Version : Tinsley The Best Pacer In This Series

Southside_Pacer
05-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Jamaal has got to be on the floor more often than he was tonight if we want to win. He has far and away been the best Pacer in this series.

I really hope he keeps up his shooting, and his passes are getting so much better, and they're getting to the right spots at the right times.

A few times tonight he made something out of nothing with his passes.

sweabs
05-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Yeah but he was injured...but agreed, he is what kept us somewhat alive tonight.

MistyRo76
05-11-2004, 03:20 PM
I think that Jamaal has been outstanding this whole series, in fact he has been great through both rounds of the playoffs.

Just some thoughts on Tins so far.

He shooting has been incredible. Some of those shots he was taking last night were from way downtown. So far against the Heat Tins is 12-16 FG, 9-12 3FG, 1-1 FT, 19 ASTS, 5 TOS. His shooting has been the biggest surprise, but it's also going to prove to be the biggest asset to this Pacers team. His improved shooting is going to force the Heat and other opposing defenses to play tighter defense on him. They are not going to be able to sag off of him, which will open up his ability to penetrate into the lane and create better shots for himself or his teammates.

I agree that Tins needs to see increased minutes. It has become an unsettling pattern to see Tins and the other starters start off strong and begin to build a lead, only to see it squandered when AJ comes of the bench. It's the playoffs and the players that are stepping up and getting it done should be the ones on the floor the most.

Tins also has improved his decision making and passing in the latter part of this year and the playoffs. This is shown by the fact that Tins has the best AST/TO ratio of all remaining PGs in the Playoffs. Not only are his ASTS up and TOS down, but his is consistently creating better scoring opportunities for his teammates. Tins stats don't even account for all the great passes that he makes that result in FT opportunites.

Through the next two games against the Heat (I still think that it's the Pacers in 5), I would like to see Tins minutes increase and I would like to see him penetrate more to create easy scoring opportunites or a chance to get to the line. When the Pacers try to go one on one, it stalls their offense, as proven by our horrible 4th quarter execution last night.

Misty