PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION

Trader Joe
01-17-2007, 08:33 PM
I have heard from a couple people that in order for us to move one or more of the players we acquired today in another trade it must be done in the next 24 hours. Is this correct?

Aw Heck
01-17-2007, 08:39 PM
I've heard that before, but I don't think it's always true.

Remember, Rasheed Wallace was traded to Atlanta, played one game, then got traded again. So I don't think we have to trade these players within 24 hours.

But I don't know the exact rules.

CableKC
01-17-2007, 08:49 PM
I could be completely wrong in this....but I think that a recently acquired player can only be trade immediately if he is the only player leaving the team that just acquired him. About Rasheed...I think that he was the only player leaving the Hawks...while taking back multiple players from Detroit...so such a deal was possible.

Dunleavy is a BYC player...so I don't think he's moving given his lowered trade value...and given Carlisle's comments about Diogu...I think that he will be around....which pretty much leaves Murphy as the only player that can be moved by himself before the trade deadline....which ( even when combined with other players in the offseason ) I think is pretty much near impossible to move him given his contract.