01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Thx for the headsup ;).

Leisure Suit Larry
01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm recording it if you're not buck

purdue101
01-17-2007, 07:31 PM
here are some highlights thus far

- rick is going to talk with dunleavy sr. to get a feel for dunleavy jr's game. why he struggled in GS, where he would fit in, etc.

- granger will probably start at SG.

- seems to think mcleod has some potential.

- diogu plays bigger than his size. strong body, long arms. definitely a rotation player. we liked him just as much as granger. big part of the future.

- murphy will help spread out the floor. double double guy.

- all players have good character and high basketball IQ.

MagicRat
01-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Here's the main highlight so far......

http://chaos.able-towers.com/~magicrat/tinsley.mp3

aceace
01-17-2007, 07:55 PM
here are some highlights thus far

- rick is going to talk with dunleavy sr. to get a feel for dunleavy jr's game. why he struggled in GS, where he would fit in, etc.

- seems to think mcleod has some potential.

- diogu plays bigger than his size. strong body, long arms. definitely a rotation player. we liked him just as much as granger. big part of the future.

- murphy will help spread out the floor. double double guy.

- all players have good character and high basketball IQ.Lets hope that this equals chemistry.

MagicRat
01-17-2007, 08:29 PM
http://chaos.able-towers.com/~magicrat/carlisle11707.mp3

Anthem
01-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Bummer. First three times I read that, I thought it said SF. Then I quoted it and realized it was shooting guard. Not sure I like that.

we liked him [diogu] just as much as granger.
Wow. He actually said that?

tdubb03
01-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks a bunch MagicRat! I'm at work w/ no radio and no work to do.

MagicRat
01-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks a bunch MagicRat! I'm at work w/ no radio and no work to do.

No problem.

Frank Slade
01-17-2007, 08:39 PM
:thankyou: MR

granger will probably start at SG.

:innocent: I was wondering if and when we would hear that.

Anthem
01-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Just listened to the show. Lots of interesting stuff. One thing that caught me was that Carlisle preferred having Harrington up front, but moved Al back to the 3 specifically because Al asked for it.

He also basically said the running game will get a lot better with Jack and Al out of the lineup... :laugh: Hard to disagree, though.

Unclebuck
01-17-2007, 08:53 PM
I don't want to start a new thread for this, but as a season ticket holder I got this e-mail

As Larry Bird and I noted earlier today in a message to you, we have acquired Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy, Ike Diogu and Keith McLeod from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, Sarunas Jasikevicius and Josh Powell.

As a valued Season Ticket Holder, I wanted to give you a little more insight on these players, our team and why we made this move.

As we have said before, we are always looking for opportunities to improve our team. I feel this trade does just that. We were looking for players who fit in to make a better team.

Mike Dunleavy is a solid basketball player that can play three positions and understands the game and how it should be played. His shooting ability will complement Jermaine O'Neal's post presence and his ability to rebound will make the team better.

As a solid shooter and a big body that can rebound, Troy Murphy will contribute to the Pacers' balanced attack. He has averaged a points-rebounds double-double in three of the previous four seasons.

Ike Diogu is a player that is not well known. We liked him in the 2005 NBA Draft, but were unable to get him. He brings tenacity to the game and can get the rebounds necessary to complement our style of play.

I feel that these players fit well into our team and the style we are looking to play. We want a team that brings team play, hustle, passion and intensity to our franchise. Our ultimate goal is to keep improving our standing in the league and giving ourselves a chance to win a championship.

We're excited to have these four players joining the Pacers and have included some information about them below.

I look forward to seeing you Saturday as we host New York at 7:00 p.m.

Sincerely,

Donnie Walsh
CEO and President
Pacers Sports & Entertainment

Background Information On Newly-Acquired Pacers

Ike Diogu
Ninth overall selection in the 2005 NBA Draft
Named Pac-10 Player of the Year following his junior year at Arizona State University
Has participated in the “Read to Achieve” program and Habitat for Humanity
In 86 career games, he has averaged 7.1 points, 3.4 rebounds and 14.6 minutes per game

Mike Dunleavy
Third overall selection in the 2002 NBA Draft
Named first team NABC All-American, second team All-America by the Associated Press, Academic All-American and a Wooden All-American as a junior at Duke University
In previous years, he has adopted a family for the holiday season and surprised them with gifts, made visits to local hospitals and injured American troops back from Iraq and participated in the “Read to Achieve” program
In 356 games, he has averaged 10.6 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game

Keith McLeod
Played collegiate basketball at Bowling Green University in Ohio and finished his career as the second-leading scorer in school history
In recent offseasons, has participated as a coach at youth basketball camps
Has played for Minnesota, Utah and Golden State
Over 178 games, averaged 5.7 points, 1.4 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 19.0 minutes per game

Troy Murphy
14th overall selection in the 2001 NBA Draft
Two-time consensus All-American and Big East Player of the Year following his sophomore and junior years at Notre Dame University
He has served meals at a shelter in Danville, Calif., for Thanksgiving, participated in the “Read to Achieve” program and participates in pre-game meet-and-greets
In 359 career games, he has averaged 11.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here to forward to a friend.

If you do not wish to receive future Emails from Pacers Sports & Entertainment, please unsubscribe here

This message was transmitted by
Pacers Sports & Entertainment
125 S. Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Anthem
01-17-2007, 09:09 PM
:innocent: I was wondering if and when we would hear that.
After listening to it, it seemed like he was saying it was a one-time thing for the Miami game. Granger will start at SG and Marquis Daniels will start at 3.

Which is weird, it seems.

Hoop
01-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Please do not play Granger at SG. Stupid, Stupid move!

Anthem
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Please do not play Granger at SG. Stupid, Stupid move!
Does it not seem that Marquis Daniels would be the 2 and Granger would be the 3?

But what do I know? I'm just some dude on the internet.

Kegboy
01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Here's the main highlight so far......

http://chaos.able-towers.com/~magicrat/tinsley.mp3

I just got to this. It's even better when you hear the question.

Hoop
01-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Does it not seem that Marquis Daniels would be the 2 and Granger would be the 3?

But what do I know? I'm just some dude on the internet.Yep!
I think Granger has the perfect size and skill set to be a big time SF. He's also big enough to play spot minutes at PF, but he's not a SG in anyway shape or form, IMO.

I'd be fine with Daniels at the 2, even though I kinda like SG's that can actually shoot.

rexnom
01-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Positions don't really matter is all this means. It really isn't that big of a fuss. When we play the Lakers I want Granger to play SG so that he can guard Kobe, his length seems to bother him. When we play the Cavs I want him to play SF so he can guard LeBron.

Will Galen
01-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Yep!
I think Granger has the perfect size and skill set to be a big time SF. He's also big enough to play spot minutes at PF, but he's not a SG in anyway shape or form, IMO.

I'd be fine with Daniels at the 2, even though I kinda like SG's that can actually shoot.

I think you guys are worrying too much about positions. Danny will probably play SF on defense and SG on offense, and just the reverse for Daniels against the Heat.

Naptown_Seth
01-18-2007, 06:21 PM

But what do I know? I'm just some dude on the internet....
...with eyes, memory and a brain. ;)

I don't get it either if this is the case. Danny is not a great defensive matchup against SGs, especially if its a guy as quick as Wade. In fact I hate to say it, but Wade was one of Jack's best matchups. Sucks that they couldn't make this deal after tonight's game so Jack could be put on DWade.

MagicRat
01-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Here's Rick on Tip-Off on Sirius NBA radio..........

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/nbaradio/rick_carlisle_tip_off_0118.asx

aero
01-19-2007, 11:29 PM
thanks for that one MagicRat :)

MagicRat
01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Here's Mike Wells's's's' appearance on Tip Off. He doesn't think the Pacers will make the playoffs........

http://chaos.able-towers.com/~magicrat/mikewellstipoff.mp3

odeez
01-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Mike Wells needs to stop hating the deal. You tell me mike you wanted to wait the whole season to see this wasn't working. We are now a very good rebounding team and I think you will be surprised with what Danny and Quis can do. Dun Dun Jr. should also be able to fill up on the scoring a bit. I like this deal. It's too bad Al didn't work out, but I am excited for the change.