PDA

View Full Version : Concern-O-Tron 9000 - 1/24/04

Hicks
01-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Trying something new here. :D

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not at all, 10 being so much you think your heart is about to burst out of your chest, how concerned are you about the Pacers right now?

Shade
01-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Right now I'm about a 5.

I'm always concerned, but I think we'll bounce back. The Wizards played like a playoff team today.

Natston
01-24-2004, 11:43 PM
I voted 5 as well, because the Pacers have slightly over-achieved my expectations. They could snap at any moment but I'm not overly worried... :cool:

Hicks
01-24-2004, 11:44 PM
I voted 6. Tonight made me feel a bit uneasy. Especially compared to how confident in them I was before Friday's game.

indygeezer
01-24-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm the 4 vote. I said elsewhere...Remember San Antonio's losing streak last week...it's over.

ABADays
01-25-2004, 12:02 AM
I voted 3. I'm not concerned. Just keep in mind, the P's have played a LOT of games and, I think unfairly, too many back-to-backs. I think things are fine guys.

able
01-25-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm at two, no reason to worry, whoever is responsible for this loss (coach and players) will take it to heart, we had this discussion earlier when they lost 2 in a row and RC exploded on air, this time he has to look to himself as well, he is putting the brake on Tins, AJ is atrocious at the moment and KA is still on the injured list, despite calling himself well.

AJ get's burned twice as bad as Tins, and yes Tins got burned tonight as well, but who wasn't
Jeff playing well? whoever said that is joking, first half 20 minutes, 1 rebound 4points, and taking a 3 pt shot (and missing of course) since when does Jeff take 3pt shots ? he can hardly make a %$ lay-up!

time to re-group, let AJ heal whatever ails him, and either get Brewer in the rotation or bring KA in the rotation, let Tins play as he can, fast and furious, which happens to be something Ron, Al and JO like as well and something they are good at.

it will happen, sooooooooon

:stupid:

Ragnar
01-25-2004, 12:10 AM
I think a lot of these two losses are due to the emotionaly draining scedule of the last couple of weeks with big big wins over the Spurs and Pistons. Those are two likleyor at least probable playoff matchups. Then they look at the scedule like we all did and figured they were on easy street so they didnt bring their A game.

bulletproof
01-25-2004, 12:27 AM
2. Coming out of December and looking at January, I thought we'd go 6-9. It looked like a tough month. Well, we're 10-3. So the worst we can finish is 10-5. This team is playing way above my expectations this year, although I predicted a trip to the finals after we fired Isiah and hired Carlisle. I agree with Rag, we're just emotionally drained right now.

This game is about how well one team matches up against another and we match up very well against Detroit, NO and Boston—our biggest challenges in the East. Apparently we match up well with SA, although I think we have to make a minor tweak to take them in a 7-game series.

Anthem
01-25-2004, 12:32 AM
Moderate (5 or 6). I'm starting a thread on the topic.

Unclebuck
01-25-2004, 12:37 AM

What is wrong with this thread. :laugh:

I am starting a thread on the topic of you starting a thread :laugh:

Unclebuck
01-25-2004, 12:37 AM
oops :dance:

Anthem
01-25-2004, 12:41 AM

What is wrong with this thread. :laugh:

I am starting a thread on the topic of you starting a thread :laugh:

Didn't want to hijack... see my other thread. Doesn't fit with this one.

EDIT: I don't see your thread yet, UB. Get on the ball.

Hicks
01-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Who voted 8?

zxc
01-25-2004, 01:01 AM
I did. But then, I am always at about 5.

Cactus Jax
01-25-2004, 01:45 AM
I vote a 7. I feel the team hasn't played very well since the home game vs San Antonio. This rest though should be well needed.

MSA2CF
01-25-2004, 10:12 AM
edit: About Houston game...(I didn't realize we played the Wizards last night)

I'm not concerned about the Pacers. They have to lose sometime and their poor offense was even poorer against one of the best defenses in the league. That's all that can be said.

I'm concerned about the fans though. Nobody, and I mean nobody, was into the game where I was sitting. Everyone was sitting on their hands and keeping their mouths shut. When a foul was called on Houston, I think I was the only person in the stadium clapping. It was pitiful. It was the worst game I have ever been to in terms of fans not participating. There were moments where the crowd turned it on, but for about 44 of the 48 minutes, you'd think this was Atlanta. :mad:

MSA2CF
01-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Pardon me.

I went to bed really, really early last night and had no idea that there was a Pacers game.

How in the hell did we lose to the Wizards? How in the hell did Kwame Brown drop 25 on us? THat's pathetic, and yeah, now I am worried. We need some outside shooting and fast.

Peck
01-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Here's a suprise.

I voted 1.

In referance to the last two games I have zero bad feelings from either of them. I just write them up as a couple of games during the season that we have lost. We've been under one hell of a strain due to the schedule so far this season & we've come through.

Now I still have some concerns about the rest of the year into the playoffs, but I get the feeling this poll is more related to recent play.

BTW, I said it when somebody else posted about the upcoming schedule. This part of the schedule scares me the most because I have a feeling that we tend to play to our level of competition & because we are # 1 everybody is gunning for us.

I'd still like to see us pick up another big man who can bang & bruise & I still have some real questions about our shooting guard spot long term, but other than that I feel good at this point.

Unclebuck
01-25-2004, 02:18 PM
The only big guy that scares me is Shaq. pacers defended Duncan extremely well and there is no one in the east that we might face in the playoffs that scares me, I am talking about big guys.

Look at the team that will be in the playoffs:

Nets
Pistons
Hornets
Bucks
Sixers
Knicks
Raptors

In almost every case tyhe backcourt is a much bigger concern than the center position. I am more than satisfied with Foster, pollard, and J.O as the centers.

ROCislandWarrior
01-25-2004, 04:08 PM
In almost every case tyhe backcourt is a much bigger concern than the center position. I am more than satisfied with Foster, pollard, and J.O as the centers

Yes...the backcourts are way more scary

Nets-Jkidd
Pistons-Cbill and Rip
Hornets-Davis
Bucks-Ford + Redd
Sixers-AI
Knicks -Starbury
Raptors -VC+ Rose

If we are to be concerned about anything...this is it

The east has good gaurds...but the big men are all west

We have one thing no other East team has...Jermaine O'Neal

Slick Pinkham
01-25-2004, 04:39 PM
4 for me.

No real concern, just a little disappointment that a defensive-letdown game showed up yesterday.

That's supposed to be the advantage of good defense, that it DOESN'T take a day off, while shooting can leave you at any moment.

In 82 games it's going to happen though.

Hicks
01-25-2004, 04:50 PM
2 people voted 10?!

Suaveness
01-25-2004, 06:10 PM
I did...just for the hell of it. But realistically, I'd say about 4...I am worried, but less so because we have 3 days off. That should give some time to get ourselves back to normal. At least it better :unimpressed:

arkman40
01-25-2004, 06:31 PM
I'm not concerned at all (voted 1).

We just had a great stretch of 13 games where our only loss was in OT on the road against the defending champs. The 12 wins included paying back said champs as well as solid wins over the three best teams in the East after us. So now we lose a home game to a very good team, and then a road game the next night. I'm not happy about it, however you're not going to win them all, and unless you are an all time great team, you are not going to be able to avoid a few small losing streaks during the course of 82 games. Sure we played like crap vs the Wizards, but all teams have a bad game now and again.

It'll take a lot more than this for me to be worried that it's anything but a normal and unavoidable bump in the NBA road.