PDA

View Full Version : Al Harrington interview WTHR.com

Unclebuck
01-17-2007, 05:44 PM
This is pretty good

http://wthr.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1178334&h1=Al%20Harrington%20and%20Josh%20Powell&vt1=v&at1=Sport&d1=273800&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&playerVersion=9&hostPageUrl=http%3A//wthr.com/Global/story.asp%3FS%3D5951514&rnd=18282226

Jermaniac
01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Anyway someone can make this available to be downloaded, my Windows Media Player is horrible and it wont play this.

UB what he say?

Shade
01-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Summary please. It won't play for me... :mad:

Aw Heck
01-17-2007, 06:30 PM
It's Dave Calaboro interviewing Harrington and Powell after the trade.

Harrington was practicing and Pacers trainer Josh Corbeil came and told him that Donnie wanted to talk to him. Al went to Donnie and Donnie told him that he was going to be traded.

Al isn't upset, said he realizes that this a business. Said the team wasn't performing to expectations, so he understood why Donnie would make a move. Golden State was the other team he wanted to go to during the offseason, so he's fine going there. He's kinda frustrated because he just got his house furnished and now he's packing his bags again. Said he's fine being moved with Jackson, because Jack's a good guy.

Similar situation with Powell. He was working out, Corbeil told him to go see Donnie, Donnie told him he was traded. Donnie told him to take advantage of his new situation.

That's the more important stuff that I remember.

Unclebuck
01-17-2007, 06:50 PM
OK, I just re-watched the Al interview.

First of all he was in a good mood and wasn't bitter at all. G. State was the other team he wanted to go to this past summer.

Al said that Jax is a good guy , he's happy he's still his teammate, but the city is probably happy that Jax is gone - the city was ready for him to leave.

Al thought he'd finish his career here, he doesn't feel betrayed at all. Also thought the pacers were starting to gell or would have gelled

lumber man
01-17-2007, 06:52 PM
at the end al said that he'll continue to rep indy, he said he feels that this is his 2nd home. he is one classy dude. i can't wait to get my harrington- golden state jersey.

Ron who?
01-17-2007, 07:05 PM
This hurts my soul... my eyes... my ears... my heart and all my other vital organs...

Do they seriously want to ruin the team bad enough to make this trade?

Might as well rename us the Philadelphia 76ers cuz our record will be rivaling only theirs

Anthem
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Might as well rename us the Philadelphia 76ers cuz our record will be rivaling only theirs
Make a wager.

Roferr
01-17-2007, 08:01 PM
This hurts my soul... my eyes... my ears... my heart and all my other vital organs...

Do they seriously want to ruin the team bad enough to make this trade?

No way. Mark it down...we're 2 games over .500 now and I think we'll end up at least 47-35, maybe even 50 wins.

Kstat
01-17-2007, 08:33 PM
I still don;t understand why a guy would return to a team that had already proven they didn't want him all that much....he had to know it was very possible that he'd get traded again.

aceace
01-17-2007, 09:47 PM
K-stat its my understanding that Al asked to be traded the first time so he could start.

PacerMan
01-17-2007, 10:55 PM
I still don;t understand why a guy would return to a team that had already proven they didn't want him all that much....he had to know it was very possible that he'd get traded again.

Where the hell did you get that idea? Al was a much beloved member of that team. HE wanted to be a starter, so he left. WIth MUCH love and good feeling.
Enough that they went after him again. Duh

Leisure Suit Larry
01-17-2007, 11:01 PM
I wish we knew what Jack and Sarunas are thinking.

Leisure Suit Larry
01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
After watching the video......

God, I hate the Pacers right now. They gave up Al?!?! For Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy?! DAMN IT.

Trader Joe
01-17-2007, 11:13 PM
After watching the video......

God, I hate the Pacers right now. They gave up Al?!?! For Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy?! DAMN IT.

If you ask me this trade breaks down talent/contract wise as.

Jack for Dun.

Runi for McLeod

Al and Powell for Murphy and Diogu and that is a FANTASTIC deal.

Team Indy
01-17-2007, 11:23 PM
OK, I just re-watched the Al interview.

First of all he was in a good mood and wasn't bitter at all. G. State was the other team he wanted to go to this past summer.

I think that although he likes being here, deep down he knows that it's not a good fit basketball wise. The Pacers were nice enough, or lucky enough, to trade him to a team he didn't mind playing for. As for playing with his buddy Jermaine O'Neal, he must have known something had to give. If he wasn't traded, there was a good chance that JO would have been.

Cobol Sam
01-18-2007, 12:15 AM
After watching that I have concluded that Al Harrington is a seriously good character guy. I'm not saying this just relative to the players of today, I'm talking about on the caliber of Reggie Miller himself. Al was clearly disappointed and looked like he was leaving friends and family (which he is), but he remained upbeat, well spoken, and classy. Seriously, what a guy.

Naptown_Seth
01-18-2007, 07:08 PM
After watching that I have concluded that Al Harrington is a seriously good character guy. I'm not saying this just relative to the players of today, I'm talking about on the caliber of Reggie Miller himself. Al was clearly disappointed and looked like he was leaving friends and family (which he is), but he remained upbeat, well spoken, and classy. Seriously, what a guy.
I just wanted to bump this in agreement since all the other talk has put Al in something of a bad light. I don't think it was working and I am a little frustrated with how he was handling the situation, but at the same time he's leaving here with a positive attitude and I'm sure he'll get a great response whenever he returns.

Like Dale or Jax, he's a guy that fans will always want back on the team as a personality, even if they don't like it from a roster talent viewpoint. That's one thing I am proud of with Al having been a Pacer.