PDA

View Full Version : For those who think the Pacers blew it with this trade....

rimock31
01-17-2007, 05:10 PM
YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT!

Are you kidding me? I'm actually very happy to see Harrington and Jackson go but I have serious issues with what we got back in return. This only aggravates the fact that giving away Sarunas put our PG situation in a worst state than its ever been. Think about it, we've given away AJ and Saras who have both proven to be good backups, and now we're left with Darrel Armstrong, Keith McLeod and Orien Greene in addition who a starter whos probably days away from missing a few months with a sprained finger-nail.
I only hope this is a segway to another big trade, cuz right now our backcourt has to be one of the worst and least deep in the league

PostArtestEra
01-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Take a deep breath... Ok. Clearly there is another trade coming. I don't think we are going to go the rest of the year with one sg on our roster. The question is what is that trade going to be?

Evan_The_Dude
01-17-2007, 05:43 PM
This is an excellent trade for our TEAM. None of them are the greatest individual talents, but for what we're trying to do and what we already have in place, this trade makes a lot of sense.

odeez
01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
WOW! Yes there has to be a nother trade in the works!

odeez
01-17-2007, 05:49 PM
WOW! Yes there has to be another trade in the works!

Black Sox
01-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Troy Murphy is perfect for the Pacers and Ike will be a solid off the bench player. Mike can play really great at times and not so good other times. Its possible for another trade involing Mike but I wouldn't be surprised for him to come in a flourish under Rick's system.

AnotherBirdCreation
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
This is an excellent trade for our TEAM. None of them are the greatest individual talents, but for what we're trying to do and what we already have in place, this trade makes a lot of sense.

Ike has the ability to become a great player. Trust me.

Cobol Sam
01-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Also I would argue that it is not insignificant that these front court players (Murphy, Ike, and Dunleavy too) are now coming to the East to play.

While the talent level between East and West front courts has come closer to balanced in the past few seasons, it is most likely more difficult to flourish in the West still.

joeyd
01-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Here's why I think we blew it, at least for this year:

Supposedly we have just finished a very difficult portion of the schedule, with the majority of the games over the next 17 games being somewhat favorable. Well, now that 40% of our starting lineup is being re-vamped, I dare say that it will take time to work out the kinks. This means that some of the games that we might have won will now almost certainly be lost. I could be wrong, but this may prove to be the fatal blow for the season.

Unless of course we end up trading these guys for Jason Kidd et al., or the equivalent...

Robertmto
01-18-2007, 05:45 AM
YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT!

Are you kidding me? I'm actually very happy to see Harrington and Jackson go but I have serious issues with what we got back in return. This only aggravates the fact that giving away Sarunas put our PG situation in a worst state than its ever been. Think about it, we've given away AJ and Saras who have both proven to be good backups, and now we're left with Darrel Armstrong, Keith McLeod and Orien Greene in addition who a starter whos probably days away from missing a few months with a sprained finger-nail.
I only hope this is a segway to another big trade, cuz right now our backcourt has to be one of the worst and least deep in the league

No he hasn't.

And Greene is a great player who I'm glad to see will be the primary backup (hopefully)

denyfizle
01-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Trading away Harrington and Jack was ok because it allows Granger and Daniels to blossom. Al hardly boxes out and fight underneath the boards anyway, and getting rid of Jack is an answered prayer to most of us. But I do agree with the topic poster when it comes to what we're getting in return. I mean, couldn't we have done any better? Like get a 1st round draft pick and a solid big and another decent player? But maybe this was the best out there so I guess we just have to think positive about it.