PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Dwyer: CORRECTED

v_d_g
01-17-2007, 02:14 AM
Dwyer writes, in http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/kelly_dwyer/01/16/coaches.notes/1.html:

"
• Ron Artest may be driving the Kings batty, and Peja Stojakovic may not play again for the Hornets this season, but replacement forward Al Harrington isn't helping much in Indiana. Statistically, the Pacers are a better defensive team with Harrington on the bench, and if he continues to play big minutes at power forward (he's played 42 percent of Indiana's power forward minutes, compared to 16 percent at small forward), his rebounding needs to take a sharp increase. Harrington is averaging just 6.2 in 33.6 minutes a game, which is solid for a small forward but painful coming from a big forward.
Harrington has started at small forward most of the season, but starting center Jeff Foster usually makes token appearances at the beginning of each half, as Indiana usually goes with a smaller lineup featuring Danny Granger on the wing and Harrington down low for long stretches. This would work if Harrington got to the boards more, but the Pacers can't have games like the one we saw last Friday in which Harrington pulled just seven rebounds in 46 minutes in a loss to Dallas."

That's about right, Kelly BUT

you failed to mention that it wasn't ONLY about Big AL 'replacing' Peja who 'replaced' Artest

TPTB ALSO gave up a 2007 #1. A #1 in what promises to be a very fertile.

So, if you (Kelly) think the 'replacement' hasn't quite worked out for the Pacers as you present it, it certainly hasn't worked out when considered more exactly.

Now that I've enlightened Kelly, maybe forum members will open their eyes when it comes to the (very poor) dealings of TPTB. They've basically crippled this team for the next few years with ZERO options in terms of getting better. On the other hand, some of you seem to think that the Pacers have many coveted players. Uh huh

Trader Joe
01-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Dwyer writes, in http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/kelly_dwyer/01/16/coaches.notes/1.html:

"
Ron Artest may be driving the Kings batty, and Peja Stojakovic may not play again for the Hornets this season, but replacement forward Al Harrington isn't helping much in Indiana. Statistically, the Pacers are a better defensive team with Harrington on the bench, and if he continues to play big minutes at power forward (he's played 42 percent of Indiana's power forward minutes, compared to 16 percent at small forward), his rebounding needs to take a sharp increase. Harrington is averaging just 6.2 in 33.6 minutes a game, which is solid for a small forward but painful coming from a big forward.
Harrington has started at small forward most of the season, but starting center Jeff Foster usually makes token appearances at the beginning of each half, as Indiana usually goes with a smaller lineup featuring Danny Granger on the wing and Harrington down low for long stretches. This would work if Harrington got to the boards more, but the Pacers can't have games like the one we saw last Friday in which Harrington pulled just seven rebounds in 46 minutes in a loss to Dallas."

you failed to mention that it wasn't ONLY about Big AL 'replacing' Peja who 'replaced' Artest

So, if you (Kelly) think the 'replacement' hasn't quite worked out for the Pacers as you present it, it certainly hasn't worked out when considered more exactly.

Now that I've enlightened Kelly, maybe forum members will open their eyes when it comes to the (very poor) dealings of TPTB. They've basically crippled this team for the next few years with ZERO options in terms of getting better. On the other hand, some of you seem to think that the Pacers have many coveted players. Uh huh

Its stupid IMO to say how useful a draft pick will be right now.

v_d_g
01-17-2007, 02:27 AM
Its stupid IMO to say how useful a draft pick will be right now.

It would only be 'STUPID' if I wanted the trade to go through. I've been against this trade from the get go, unlike YOU, I suspect.

Enjoy the next 2 years with the same lineup dreaming about fantasy trades while applauding the exemplary performance of TPTB

BlueNGold
01-17-2007, 06:50 AM

"
• Ron Artest may be driving the Kings batty, and Peja Stojakovic may not play again for the Hornets this season, but replacement forward Al Harrington isn't helping much in Indiana. Statistically, the Pacers are a better defensive team with Harrington on the bench, and if he continues to play big minutes at power forward (he's played 42 percent of Indiana's power forward minutes, compared to 16 percent at small forward), his rebounding needs to take a sharp increase. Harrington is averaging just 6.2 in 33.6 minutes a game, which is solid for a small forward but painful coming from a big forward.

Obviously you would agree from your own monotonous posts that Pacer management is incapable of making a good pick anyway. You defeat your own argument by conveniently ignoring that fact. Have you forgotten that Kwame Brown was a #1 pick? Have you forgotten that the Pacers will pick around #15 at best?

Oh yes. You think the draft will be particularly deep in '07. So deep that even Pacer management can pick the next Lebron James at #15. Right!

Cobol Sam
01-17-2007, 09:06 AM
If I were the Pacers management I would draft Michael Jordan at #15! No I just woke up. I'd probably draft Wilt. When are we returning to the real world?

golstarr99
01-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Harrington will be fine. It's an 82 game season people. He's just in a slump and he will get back on track and people will be saying how unbelievable he is playing. Al is already one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA right now.

Mac_Daddy
01-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Yes, lets continue to speculate of the amazing 2007 draft. Who is going to be in it again? How many people have declared?

Anthem
01-17-2007, 11:49 AM
v_dude, you've got to let this go. It's a late first-round pick. We know you don't like Al, we get it. But if I see a post from you, I know it's going to be complaining about that 2007 pick.

Mourning
01-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I was very much against the Al trade, but your getting on my nerves now v_d_g.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

travmil
01-17-2007, 12:38 PM
blah blah blah....Al sucks.....blah blah blah....TPTB sucks...blah blah blah....2007 draft pick will be worth gold.....blah blah blah......pacers fans that think TPTB have done well are delusional.....blah blah blah....

Seriously, this is getting old, and I'd have to believe that the Admins around here are getting tired of your monotonous threads.

Trader Joe
01-17-2007, 12:54 PM
It would only be 'STUPID' if I wanted the trade to go through. I've been against this trade from the get go, unlike YOU, I suspect.

Enjoy the next 2 years with the same lineup dreaming about fantasy trades while applauding the exemplary performance of TPTB

I'll enjoy the next two years hell of a lot more since I am not obsessing over a trade that was neither good nor bad.