PDA

View Full Version : We were horrible

Ragnar
05-10-2004, 11:03 PM
I dont think I could be any more disgusted. We should not have won that game. I know I already hate Johnson but this one was Ricks fault. Why did Johnson play and entire quarter? Why was he in instead of Jeff when we needed a rebound? Why didnt Jeff and Jamaal play more minutes?

I am spitting nails right now because we should have won this game. Foget about the missed free throws. Basketball is about rythem and when you dont get rebounds and you go long stretches where you dont score at all (as we did in the 2nd) you lose your rythem.

sweabs
05-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Reggie should have gotten the ball earlier and more touches.
Croshere needed some PT.
Outrebounded AGAIN by a small team.
Freethrows.
AJ is brutal.

Southside_Pacer
05-10-2004, 11:17 PM
This loss was EMBARASSING and PATHETIC. The Pacers are a much better team than Miami, yet still have not shown it in this playoff series.

I know we're up 2-1, but we still have given more effort than Miami (they outplay us EVERY game), we still struggle to outrebound a team we're much bigger than, we cannot make free throws on a consistant level to save ourselves and if that's our gameplan than damnit make your free throws!!!!

We cannot go long droughts without scoring fieldgoals, ala basically the ENTIRE four quarter until it was too little too late, and to start the game.

Wade is using his dribble penetration and it is simply killing us. How many times was he able to drive on the left hand side and get in there?

I'd love to see us actually match the Heat's EFFORT and HEART. Right now we're just going through the motions, and AJ played like crap tonight. No way should he have played as much as he did.

This team disgusted me tonight. I hope they get it in gear before Game 4 otherwise it'll be 2-2 coming back to Indianapolis.

PaceBalls
05-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Just plain horrible. :laugh:

and the Heat played an almost perfect game.

All those missed FTs, JO shooting like Ben Wallace... argh
It was Miller time that whole 4th q and they wouldn't get him the ball until it was too late.

They made a valient effort the last minute, if that Bender 3 goes in, who knows..

sweabs
05-10-2004, 11:23 PM
This loss was EMBARASSING and PATHETIC.

No kidding.
Now I have to watch Dwayne Wade dunk on Jermaine over and over again.
How is Jermaine getting POSTERIZED by point guards like Baron and Dwayne!!!!

WE BETTER COME OUT ON FIRE IN GAME 4.

Southside_Pacer
05-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Losing when we play with some sense of urgency, and we play with a passion and effort doesn't bother me.

However when one team shows so much more heart than the other, and it's been that way the entire series, that is what really pisses me off to no end.

I hope this loss wakes them up and puts things back in prespective otherwise it will be 2-2 coming back to Indy.

sweabs
05-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Losing when we play with some sense of urgency, and we play with a passion and effort doesn't bother me.

However when one team shows so much more heart than the other, and it's been that way the entire series, that is what really pisses me off to no end.

I hope this loss wakes them up and puts things back in prespective otherwise it will be 2-2 coming back to Indy.

I agree. Jermaine showed NO EMOTION and it was evident in his game.
Jermaine has to step up and play like an MVP candidate. That was an awful game on his part. If you notice, after every basket he scores he is either complaining to the ref that there was contact, or he walks down the other way smirking like no one can stop him...STEP UP, STOP COMPLAINING AND FOCUS...PLEASE.

Southside_Pacer
05-10-2004, 11:28 PM
This loss was EMBARASSING and PATHETIC.

No kidding.
Now I have to watch Dwayne Wade dunk on Jermaine over and over again.
How is Jermaine getting POSTERIZED by point guards like Baron and Dwayne!!!!

WE BETTER COME OUT ON FIRE IN GAME 4.

That will be forgotten when we win the series.

What pisses me off is how we have been so severely outplayed.

Like said in antother thread, hopefully this serves as a wake up call to our players, namely JO, and they start antother 10 game winning streak

Oh I'm with ya about winning the series va, but man, if our effort doesn't improve by Wednesday's game I'm going to be really, really, really disappointed.

TheSauceMaster
05-10-2004, 11:29 PM
I think the reason jamal tinsley sat out so much was cause he sprained his ankle yet again , but I woulda still Tinsley in than a horid AJ

sweabs
05-10-2004, 11:30 PM
I think the reason jamal tinsley sat out so much was cause he sprained his ankle yet again , but I woulda still Tinsley in than a horid AJ

Amen to that :unimpressed: .

Southside_Pacer
05-10-2004, 11:32 PM
I just wonder why this guy named Kenny Anderson (remember that guy) doesn't play? :whoknows:

sweabs
05-10-2004, 11:32 PM
I just wonder why this guy named Kenny Anderson (remember that guy) doesn't play? :whoknows:

Carlisle likes AJ's defence?

Tim
05-10-2004, 11:44 PM
From the opeing tip Pacers were missing shots. If you not named Tinsley you missed shots.

Lets give Miami credit, they played hard again and won at home again.

Slick Pinkham
05-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Lets give Miami credit, they played hard again.

Glad that SOMEBODY said it.

Miami has a pretty good team, or at least a good first 7, with lots of quickness advantages. Their lack of depth is not as apparent at home, when the crowd revs them up enough to get the starters to play more minutes.

Wade and Odom are tough for anybody in the NBA to cover. ANYBODY. Ditto Alston, when he's shakin' and bakin'.

The Pacers didn't play well, but I wouldn't say they played awful though. The Heat just brought more energy tonight.

This was too good of a team to sweep without playing well every game.

waterjater
05-10-2004, 11:58 PM
And other than ODUM, Miami made there free throws.

When we move the ball, we can't be stopped. When we go one on one as I've said for what seems like 10 years now, we are very beatable.

We seem to have lost our poise. IN THE PLAYOFFS, you HAVE TO MAKE SHOTS WHILE BEING FOULED. THAT IS WHY CARLISLE'S GAME PLAN ALL SEASON WAS TO PLAY PLAYOFF BASKETBALL SO YOU CAN GET USED TO HITTING SHOTS WHILE BEING FOULED.

Jermaine has fallen back to his whining and poor play of last seasons playoffs and this is disappointing!

Move the ball and the game gets much simpler!

Water

Liquid Slap
05-11-2004, 12:00 AM
This just goes to show that anybody can lose in the playoffs. All is not lost. Indy will still win. Miami just has mad heart and pride on the line. They have got something to prove. They may not win this year; but with the team they have, the youth and the talent; they will be a team to be recognized.

sweabs
05-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Yeah, Miami and Cleveland are 2 teams to watch out for in the future of the East...

Suaveness
05-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I really did not see JO complaining a lot. He just was upset at missing shots.

PaceBalls
05-11-2004, 12:05 AM
what about Ron 4-18? not good. That's being a liability even if you are playing great D

Anthem
05-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I really did not see JO complaining a lot. He just was upset at missing shots.

I'm with you. People want somebody to blame, and part of Jermaine's megamoney payday is to take those kinds of hits.

But Al Harrington didn't get it done either, missing 3 straight FGs at a pivotal point. Artest wasn't exactly efficient. And Reggie never called for the ball.

This one belonged to the Heat. The next two are ours.

I actually wanted to lose one before the Pistons series... we needed to know what it felt like.

Unclebuck
05-11-2004, 12:22 AM
I would like to know what AJ did that was so bad tonight. he was OK, he was very good in the first two games.

Kenny would not have done any better

Bball
05-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Who stole Jonathon Bender's 3 point stroke? Call the police and let's put out an APB. We need to get it back for him!

-Bball

Chambizzle
05-11-2004, 04:04 AM
I don't mind this loss cause I expected at least one Heat win. You can't beat a team a bajillion times in a row ya know?

If ya really look at it ... we almost came back to at least tie the game in the closing seconds because of Lamar Odom's poor foul shooting.

The only thing that really frustrated me is when Tinsley was near half court yelling at his team to give him help on the trap in the 4th. I think if we wouldn't have given up on ourselves... We could have had a better chance to come through in the clutch. They practically gave us the opportunity... We just didn't capitalize... Oh well I'm pretty sure this is the wake up call we need to get back into the playoff attitude. It only gets harder from here.

Millerartest
05-11-2004, 05:25 AM
I don't think it's that AJ is doing wrong things, but why is a mediocre player playing so long and so many crucial minutes. When he's in the game, the Pacer offense always sputters. When I see him play, his defense is solid, though he has trouble with quick guards. Okay, then he misses a rebound and misses a layup. Big deal, right? Actually it's a very big deal when the Pacers are in the game and it happens in the final minute. It's not AJ. It's Carlisle. He should have put Croshere in at the end. Or Jones. Tinsley was already on the floor. And I'm definitely of the opinion that Anderson should have been playing for Johnson a long time ago.

This bench is not being used to its fullest. AJ, like Pollard, is mediocre at best. Every else on this team is a baller. Carlisle is a great coach, and I don't mean to nag, but Croshere gives this team sparks, he gives them rebounds, and he shouldn't be forced to sit and pick his nose when the Pacers could use him. It may be small, but small decisions go a long way in the playoffs. Croshere's bench play in the 2000 playoffs is a big reminder of what he is capable of. And Bryon Scott's play off the bench in the early 90s is a great example of what washed-up veterans that nobody wants are capable of doing. I bet if Phil Jackson were coaching this team, he would have gone with Anderson over Johnson.

Hicks
05-11-2004, 10:23 AM
I would like to know what AJ did that was so bad tonight. he was OK, he was very good in the first two games.

It's not so much that AJ personally played badly, it's that when Tinsley leaves and he comes in, the TEAM plays badly. The offense starts to suck. He sticks out even more when this happens (which 99% of the time it does), but on top of that he misses shots, makes a mistake here and there (like that late rebound he should have gabbed), and his defense wasn't noticable. But most important is the offense sucks with him in.

LAPacer
05-11-2004, 10:43 AM

It's not so much that AJ personally played badly, it's that when Tinsley leaves and he comes in, the TEAM plays badly. The offense starts to suck. He sticks out even more when this happens (which 99% of the time it does), but on top of that he misses shots, makes a mistake here and there (like that late rebound he should have gabbed), and his defense wasn't noticable. But most important is the offense sucks with him in.

I agree 100%. the TEAM is horrible with AJ on the floor. AJ is most effective hitting open jumpers, not running the show. We need someone to run the show. Jamaal should have played more, unless he was hurting.

FireTheCoach
05-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Miamis halfcourt trap has been effective up to this point. It's forcing the Pacers into a short shot clock and it's disrupting the halfcourt sets.

TheSauceMaster
05-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Pacers coach Rick Carlisle had predicted before the game his team would lose if it was outrebounded for the third straight game in the series, and he was proved correct.

:rolleyes:

ChicagoJ
05-11-2004, 11:22 AM

We've covered this before, haven't we?

Its not that AJ makes mistakes - I'll admit he rarely turns the ball over or overtly hurts the team. But he can't make plays. He just occupies time on the court, running around, dribbling, not really affecting the game. He's only able to deliver the ball to players that are wide open, he can't invent a way to make a pass - notice how many times Tinsley will deliver a pass that could only be put in one place to allow the guy to score... not just catch the ball cleanly but score in one motion. AJ just can't find the angle to make the pass.

This is the playoffs, the issue is no longer KA vs. AJ. The issue is too many minutes for ninth-man when we should have an eight man rotation.

Unclebuck
05-11-2004, 11:43 AM
I have been holding back from saying this because on the offensive end he has been soooooo good.

But Tinsley must do a better job on Wade. At least make it a little tougher on Wade. Right now Wade is doing anything he wants, getting into the teeth of our defense, causing the big guys to come over and that kills our rebounding.

ChicagoJ
05-11-2004, 11:49 AM
I have been holding back from saying this because on the offensive end he has been soooooo good.

But Tinsley must do a better job on Wade. At least make it a little tougher on Wade. Right now Wade is doing anything he wants, getting into the teeth of our defense, causing the big guys to come over and that kills our rebounding.

He's doing that against every Pacer but Fred Jones, so it isn't just Tinsley.

If I'm SVG, I'm considering moving up my rotations - putting R. Alston in the game earlier just force more minutes of the Wade vs. AJ matchup.

:o

dipperdunk
05-11-2004, 01:15 PM
If its any consolation Wade tore up Snow this season as well. We opened against Miami this season and Wade had like 16 in the 1st half before injuring his ankle. The kid is going to be a terrific player.

Liquid Slap
05-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Miamis halfcourt trap has been effective up to this point. It's forcing the Pacers into a short shot clock and it's disrupting the halfcourt sets.

Welcome to Carlisles way to coach playoff basketball. Halfcourt sets everytime down the floor don't work in the playoffs. Too many teams catch on and learn quick. You play against a strong trapping team and your plays go down the drain almost instantly everytime. I don't even know what he could do to change because that is just how he coaches.

sweabs
05-11-2004, 02:03 PM

Welcome to Carlisles way to coach playoff basketball. Halfcourt sets everytime down the floor don't work in the playoffs. Too many teams catch on and learn quick. You play against a strong trapping team and your plays go down the drain almost instantly everytime. I don't even know what he could do to change because that is just how he coaches.

Tinsley handles it well though...it's AJ that has a hard time. :unimpressed: