PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the third string: Red (Bull) vs Greene

Anthem
01-16-2007, 08:30 PM
I was pretty hopeful about Greene coming into this year, but I haven't been thrilled so far. Guess there's a reason Boston cut him. That said, it seems like DA's wearing down pretty quickly.

I'd love to hear a fair and balanced discussion of these two guys. The third string PG's job is to play next to Sarunas. If DA's shoulder keeps getting worse, would Oriene play well alongside Sarunas?

Hicks
01-16-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't know what to make of Greene. His defense is obvious, but his offense... sometimes it looks like he could chip in a handful of points, and he at least looks confident when he takes his shots (so I'll give him some benefit of the doubt and assume that could one day be decent), but I'm wondering if he can run an offense?

Anthem
01-16-2007, 11:26 PM
If he could advance the ball next for Sarunas, maybe Saras could initiate the offense. Still, a jumpshot wouldn't hurt.

It's easier playing point for Paul Pierce than Stephen Jackson, that's for sure.

CableKC
01-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Isn't Marquis a Guard option that can bring up the ball for Sarunas?

I would much rather give Marquis minutes at one of the Guard spots if DA gets tired.

LoneGranger33
01-17-2007, 09:07 AM
If he could advance the ball next for Sarunas, maybe Saras could initiate the offense. Still, a jumpshot wouldn't hurt.

It's easier playing point for Paul Pierce than Stephen Jackson, that's for sure.

Sarunas = all offense
Greene = all defense
Sarunas + Greene = defense and offense? Interesting...I'd like to see it.

Alpolloloco
01-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Sarunas = all offense
Greene = all defense
Sarunas + Greene = defense and offense? Interesting...I'd like to see it.

Me too!

What about next game right from the start?

ChicagoJ
01-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Did I miss something since my TiVo has been acting up? Who's the second string PG?

Alpolloloco
01-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Marquis Daniels?

NuffSaid
01-17-2007, 11:30 AM
There's an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Mr. Energy and Sarunas have worked well together. Armstrong's defense covers some of Sarunas' defensive weaknesses. It's not something I'd be so quick to mess with. Besides, we still don't know what Green can do in RC's system. I haven't seen enough of the guy to know how effective he can be on either side of the ball. So, the verdict is still out, but I'd really like to a back court that can be alittle more consistent scoring the ball. If Green can provide that w/a few good asst. and play some solid defense, I'm for it as long as the unity in the back court is still solid.