PDA

View Full Version : Let's Trade A Pacer

indyman37
01-15-2007, 07:03 PM
With the dissapointment that has come along with this season...it looks like some more moves need to be made. Now who we would move is the question, and for who.

Jermaniac
01-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Lets trade for Lebron James.

Frank Slade
01-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Uh is this the post game thread ? :confused:

So I was out today, can anyone give me a brief summary on what happened?
A collapse in the 4th? JO played shorter minutes ?...

Leisure Suit Larry
01-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Since we aren't even half way through the season and we are over .500 we need to tear this team apart :rolleyes:

Hicks
01-15-2007, 07:09 PM

They were DOA and the Nets were hitting a very high FG%.

Destined4Greatness
01-15-2007, 07:10 PM
No they pretty much stunk the whole game up.

Pingu
01-15-2007, 07:11 PM

A collapse in the 4th? Not exactly.

Actually they collapsed 4 minutes into the first quarter, sucked the rest of the way, were down by about 27 at some point in the game and managed to get as close as 10 points during garbage time.

Seed

The Nets collapsed in the 4th.
So you can guess what was the situation after the 3rd...

Jermaniac

The Nets ran the PnR like 1,000 times in todays game. And it worked everytime.

Frank Slade
01-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Ahh, thanks for the updates. You can't win them all, but I can't stand when we just don't show up like we should or show up too late. Especially after we know what this team is capable of when it's focused.

Cherokee
01-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Runi and Baston led the comeback. Runi made some very nice passes and Baston even hit a 3. At least they hustled enough to make the Nets put their starting lineup back into the game with 3-4 minutes left. Sadly, Granger couldn't stand on the beach and hit the ocean, or they could have it down sooner.

I agree with all who say Runi is slow, but he is playing better defense than some of the starters and, when he's in the game, he will actually advance the ball by passing it, so our offense is much faster than it is when we're playing Rucker Yo-Yo ball.

speakout4
01-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Ahh, thanks for the updates. You can't win them all, but I can't stand when we just don't show up like we should or show up too late. Especially after we know what this team is capable of when it's focused.

This team needs a gunner like Reggie or Peja.

Alpolloloco
01-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Runi and Baston led the comeback. Runi made some very nice passes and Baston even hit a 3. At least they hustled enough to make the Nets put their starting lineup back into the game with 3-4 minutes left. Sadly, Granger couldn't stand on the beach and hit the ocean, or they could have it down sooner.

I agree with all who say Runi is slow, but he is playing better defense than some of the starters and, when he's in the game, he will actually advance the ball by passing it, so our offense is much faster than it is when we're playing Rucker Yo-Yo ball.

Good to hear that the Maccabi duo had a good game. Is it time to start them together with JO, Granger and Quis?

aceace
01-15-2007, 07:41 PM
We need to just park Al at the 3 pt line. Bring the defense out. He has a sweet looking stroke. If he could make 7-16 a game thats 21 points. Jackson can't shoot to be playing the 2. He's good defensively most of the time. I don't even know who Tinsley is anymore! I wouldn't know who to trade to fix our problems, but many teams add by subtracting.

BlueNGold
01-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Good to hear that the Maccabi duo had a good game. Is it time to start them together with JO, Granger and Quis?

That would be my preference, but Sarunas is not going to start IMO.

wintermute
01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
at this point, the first guy i'd look to move is harrington.

he sucks right now, he doesn't fit in with this team, and his successors (danny and shawne) seem ready to step in.

jackson is another candidate, despite what i consider to be a good season so far. again, he has successors (quis and rawle) lined up behind him. i'd move him in the right deal, but not just to dump him.

tinsley is more of a dilemma. there's no young pg on the roster other than orien, and he really shouldn't be running the team unless his playmaking improves in a hurry. i'd move tins but will look to get back another pg somehow.

foster, saras, and maceo are also all trade candidates, but presumably their value is lower so they would be more likely to be packaged with another player rather than being the centerpiece. also their contracts are shorter so they will be less of a problem long-term.

the only young guy i would look to trade is harrison, but again he'll just be used to sweeten a package.

basically, i would be willing to trade all the veterans while keeping the younger guys and jermaine. i would try to get back combinations of young prospects and older guys with short contracts. last season i would have been willing to dump j.o. as well, but he's playing out of his mind right now.

the revamped team will be younger and more athletic, featuring j.o., danny, quis, a foster-type player, and a dynamic pg (hopefully). if we get back useful veterans in trade then all the better.

Tony Valente
01-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Ok if you say that Maceo and Saras are on a possible trade list then it's clear that you don't want performance. I don't know what you look to achieve, I don't know what you expect from this team, but as I see it winning is not your top priority.

P.S.: And I used to hate Saras when he played for Maccabi. But here he's the only coloured spot in our backcourt.

3rdStrike
01-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Since we aren't even half way through the season and we are over .500 we need to tear this team apart :rolleyes:

The last 2 years are a pretty good indicator of what this team is capable of, and that isn't much.

If they sneak into the playoffs they'll be gone first round. Again. Same story next year.

It will happen continuously until management accepts that they made mistakes in constructing this roster and that it isn't very good. At which point tearing the team apart is exactly what needs to happen.

Destined4Greatness
01-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Can't we just trade everybody, well keep granger.

rela
01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
well what about harrington,daniels and tinsley for mikki moore and jason kidd and a 2nd rounder?

wintermute
01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Ok if you say that Maceo and Saras are on a possible trade list then it's clear that you don't want performance. I don't know what you look to achieve, I don't know what you expect from this team, but as I see it winning is not your top priority.

P.S.: And I used to hate Saras when he played for Maccabi. But here he's the only coloured spot in our backcourt.

trades are done to improve the team :whoknows:

or are you suggesting that maceo and saras are untouchables? they're both over 30, they're not going to be around for the long term anyway

croshere was a performer too, within his limitations, but that didn't keep him from getting traded for a younger prospect.

indyman37
01-16-2007, 12:21 PM
I've started to like the Baston and Sarunas combo. At the beginning of the season I could have been the president of the "get rid of sarunas at all costs" group. I think Al, Jack, and Harrison are the ones that have the biggest chance of getting moved.

FrenchConnection
01-16-2007, 12:23 PM
well what about harrington,daniels and tinsley for mikki moore and jason kidd and a 2nd rounder?

We don't need Jason Kidd. Jason Kidd will not be around but for another 2 years or so. Any trade for the Pacers must accomplish one of two things, IMO. We must either get back into the first round of the draft or get a YOUNG PG or SG. In your proposal, I don't mind who is going out, it is the return that bothers me.

ThA HoyA
01-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Getting Kidd would clear cap space in 2 years but oh wait no one wants to come here :(

avoidingtheclowns
01-17-2007, 12:08 AM
i actually sorta like the kidd/moore trade. the guy is still putting up triple doubles. and i would rather have kidd for 2 years than jamaal for 4. i do think JT is having a good season so far (which also means he's at the height of his trade value) but kidd is the leader the pacers need and desperately lack in JO. i've loved moore since his fury days - so i've got no problem with that.

would i make the deal... still not sure. but it would be one to strongly consider.

in considering who to trade for, a few names coming to mind include...

Juan Dixon, Hedo Turkoglu, Cuttino Mobley, Brent Barry, Antonio Daniels

my logic was shooters, that could be available, that don't need to be the #1.