PDA

View Full Version : call to London (UK) based Pacers/Colts fans

able
01-12-2007, 11:53 AM
2 of us so far are planning to watch the Colts game tomorrow at Haymarket/Picadilly Circus Sport Cafe

If there are any more who want to join, make it known!

A

ABADays
01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
I do! I do!

TRich
01-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Kick off is at 9.30pm right? I would suggest meeting there around 7.30-8.00pm to give ourselves a chance to get a table. I expect at least one of you Indy folk to match Able's effort from last year... better get on that flight now! ;)

TRich
01-15-2007, 06:46 AM
A very quick recap - good beer, good company & great result. Cheers Abel!

McKeyFan
01-15-2007, 06:54 AM
I was in Oxford that night and was in London three days earlier. Sorry I missed you guys but maybe we can hook up for the AFC championship.

able
01-15-2007, 07:10 AM
TRich, it was genuinly a pleasure, had a great night, certainly worth doing again and we should consider finding a Pacers game as well :)
Reshma enjoyed it as well, hope your misses did to :D

McKey, would be great, but the time of the game may be a hinderance, seeing we are the "late" game, so hard to get back if dependant on Pub Transp. parking is pain and expensive (£ !7 for 4 hours, £ 5 per hour) (crappy parking, to low ceiling/boards)

"Maybe" we can agree on a "better" spot, easier to reach, though the atmosphere was great :)

If you are both ok with it then fine with me :)

Also local prices are "london prices" i.e £ 5 to get in and £ 3.50 for a beer (bottle or pint)

I'm game though :D and I KNOW there are more ppl in London on here :)

able
01-15-2007, 07:13 AM
I do! I do!

There we were, holding a seat, ordering Beer by the bucket, and you forced us to drink your portion as well......

Fine showing"!"

TRich
01-15-2007, 08:16 AM
There we were, holding a seat, ordering Beer by the bucket, and you forced us to drink your portion as well......

I sensed McKey's presence actually. The beer that you bought seemed to "drain out" mysteriously...

TRich
01-15-2007, 08:23 AM
TRich, it was genuinly a pleasure, had a great night, certainly worth doing again and we should consider finding a Pacers game as well :)
Reshma enjoyed it as well, hope your misses did to :D

She (surprisingly) did! Its amazing how much more you enjoy a game when you have a vague idea what the rules are. ;)

I am for a repeat for the AFC Championship game! I am fortunate enough to be on a decent night bus service from the city so the time doesn't bother me too much. Can understand how it affects others though!

McKeyFan
01-19-2007, 12:48 PM
If you guys are adventurous, we could try this:

http://www.activehotels.com/servlet/bookingservletxml/roomselect.do?month=1&rooms=2&day=21&subid=PPCGO1t02a4535en&trkref=AHK&year=2007&hotelid=116767&numnights=1&language=en

able
01-19-2007, 12:55 PM
a hotel room ??

phew we're getting kinky ??

:D hey I was still hesitant to come, seeing the day of the week it is, but wow :)

considering I live in the sub's :P

Isaac
01-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Im going to be in the Frankfurt airport overnight when the AFC championship game is going on. Do any of you know if Im going to be able to watch it there or if there is a bar nearby I should find?

McKeyFan
01-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Okay, guys. I've decided to head to the Haymarket Sports Cafe to watch the Colt-Patriots game.

I've got some business earlier that day--a check to collect--so I'll take the Oxford Tube Sunday afternoon, watch part of the first game at the home of the guy I've got business with, and head to Piccadilly in time for the Colts game at 11:30 pm. Then I'll take the tube back to Oxford.

It's just sleep, but this is Colts-Patriots.

P. S. They WILL stay open, won't they?

McKeyFan
01-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Okay, I watched the Colts-Patriots game at the Sports Bar.

It would have been impossible to find any PD guys if you were there. The placed was so packed, we had to wait in a long line outside for an hour during the first game.

I waited in line with a group of students from Ball state--about ten girls and two guys--and several of us ended up getting a booth. It was great fun.

One of the girls and I stayed for the whole game, but the rest of the students left at halftime. Bad choice. We watched the rest of the game and were we ever glad we stuck around.

I may watch the Super Bowl there as well.