PDA

View Full Version : Tony Allen

speakout4
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I'll bet every Pacer fan was thinking that we really could use Tony Allen up until the very moment he tore up his knee and it was his birthday too.

Shade
01-11-2007, 08:31 PM
It was his birthday? That really sucks. :laugh:

Mac_Daddy
01-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I, however sad, found humor in how it came about. Solid player though,I hope he comes back strong.

docpaul
01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I'll bet every Pacer fan was thinking that we really could use Tony Allen up until the very moment he tore up his knee and it was his birthday too.

I've been a member of his fan club for a while now. He'd of been an awesome backcourt addition.

Two knee injuries though in three years is not a good prognostic sign. :(

He really helped me load up on fantasy stats these last couple of weeks.

Shade
01-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Just heard he's done for the season. Sorry, MR.

Jermaniac
01-11-2007, 09:02 PM
It really sucks cause he could have prevented the situation from happening. If he decided he didnt want to show off he wouldnt have got hurt. Sucks for TA, because he is a solid player and I been wanting him on the Pacers for the longest.

MagicRat
01-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Just heard he's done for the season. Sorry, MR.

Yeah, and I picked up Steve Blake this morning to replace him thinking Blake was going to get starter's minutes for a few weeks with Mo Williams out and he promptly gets traded to Denver where he'll probably never get off of the bench.......:(

Anthem
01-11-2007, 10:59 PM
In a sick, twisted way that I'm ashamed of, I find the whole thing hilarious.

Stryder
01-11-2007, 11:34 PM
If you showoff, then bad things can happen.

Sucks for him, but maybe he'll learn not to showboat.

Knee injuries are not fun to go through.

Young
01-12-2007, 02:00 AM
I think you see a lot of players do that. I'm wondering if we will see less of it. I think that is the first time i've seen someone get hurt like that.

Naptown_Seth
01-12-2007, 05:24 AM
In a sick, twisted way that I'm ashamed of, I find the whole thing hilarious.
I'm not ashamed, karma's a b****. The league is feeling what the Pacers fans had to grin and bear the last 2 years. Tough crap I say, and maybe don't go Gramatica on us next time.

half joking with that of course

FlavaDave
01-12-2007, 10:53 AM
karma's a b****.

http://www.geocities.com/davidssearle/tonyallen.jpg

JayRedd
01-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm not ashamed, karma's a b****. The league is feeling what the Pacers fans had to grin and bear the last 2 years. Tough crap I say, and maybe don't go Gramatica on us next time.

half joking with that of course

Tough times for the Celtics and the Hornets....They're missing like 8 starters combined right now.

FrenchConnection
01-12-2007, 11:19 AM
You all want Tony Allen but you hate Stephen Jackson. His incident sounds very similar to Jack's, but you are willing to look past that because you prefer his performance on the court. Hmmmmm.....

FlavaDave
01-12-2007, 11:21 AM
I posted a picture, but now it won't show up. What's the deal?

Hicks
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I posted a picture, but now it won't show up. What's the deal?

Yeah, I saw it a moment ago. I looked and it's still there in your post (the link/script to make it display), but for whatever reason it's not displaying now. I see it's from geocities, so my guess is something is happening on that end?

FlavaDave
01-12-2007, 11:54 AM
EDIT: It must be my account. I'll figure it out.

So is Tony done for the season for sure now?

Ryan
01-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Yes. He's done for the year.

Moses
01-12-2007, 12:41 PM
That's about the Celtics franchise right now in a nutshell.

I can't say that I didn't laugh when I heard about it because I'd be a liar. It sucks, but at the same time it's hilarious. It's like watching one of your friends fall down the stairs..you run up, check to see if they are ok..and then you laugh to yourself for 25 minutes.

NuffSaid
01-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Dang! What a lousy birthday present!

Poor guy. I hate it for him. Hope he's able to bounce back from this and have a good basketball career.

JayRedd
01-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Hate to say it after a thing like this because I like Tony Allen a great deal, but this to me is just more proof that Danny Ainge needs to trade some of the kiddies for a vet now.

Right now, he's got a lot of young,valuable assets in Gerald Green, Al Jeff, Delonte West, Bassy Telfair, Rajon Rondo, Ryan Gomes, Kendrick Perkins and Leon Powe. And whether it's through injury, poor development or whatever else, there is little chance that all these guys actually pan out to become above average NBA players.

It's like prospects in baseball. The idea of a prospect is often better than what they become and you don't want to "show too much" of a guy that you're trying to sell on potential.

If he just keeps holding onto all these young guys and doesn't package a few of them with Theo Ratliff's contract or whatever to get a proven commodity back, he may end up killing Paul Pierce's prime, which would be a shame.

miller31
01-12-2007, 01:58 PM
ya, i knew he was hurt bad right away when he landed.... at first i figured it was a broken hand or arm for how hard he dunked it. then i realized it was his knee. thats too bad.

*this reminds me of when bender on his rookie season as a pacer. in the preseason he tried to throw it down really hard and ended up braking his hand and was out the first few games of the season.

FrenchConnection
01-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Does nobody remember that he was involved in a bar fight where he broke someone's eye socket and one of his friends shot someone? Listen, I don't care, but I think that it is strange that he gets all sorts of love around here but Jack gets hated on for doing the same things. So, when it is someone else's player, you see the talent more than the attitude but when it is one of our own you see the attitude more than the talent. Strange.