PDA

View Full Version : The Last Ten Games

FlavaDave
01-11-2007, 04:26 PM
The Pacers are 7-3 in their last ten games. Only Washington, Cleveland, Phoenix, and Dallas have had better records in the last 10 games.

With 6 of their next 9 games against sub-.500 teams, the Pacers are in a position to make a bit of a move here.

At the begining of the season, there was alot of talk about how tough the early schedule is. I thought (and others seemed to agree) that the Pacers should be shooting to be hovering around .500 after the first two months, with a chance to make a strong move in January. It seems like they are right on schedule.

I know that we would love to see a dominant Pacers squad that mows down opponents regardless of the schedule. But as Denny Green would say, it seems like "we are who we thought we are".

naptownmenace
01-11-2007, 04:44 PM
I noticed that this morning and it's a good trend. If they can get past Dallas tommorow, they have a realistic opportunity to put together a 6 game win-streak. The most difficult part will be beating the Mavs but after that games against NJN and Miami on the road, Knicks, Bulls, Miami again, and Toronto at home are very winnable.

The Pacers play 6 of their next 9 games at home, including a 4-game home stand. Six of those 9 games are against teams below .500. If there was ever a good time to make a run at catching Cleveland, January is the month to do it.

*Edit - It's also worth noting that the Pacer have no more back-to-backs this month.

The Hustler
01-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I agree its been a good push ... we havnt lost 3 on the trot for a long time ... infact since december 1st to 4th .... now we finally have a streak going things are certainly looking up!

(SIDENOTE: i think Pheniox also have a better last 10 than us .... 8-2)

FlavaDave
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
(SIDENOTE: i think Pheniox also have a better last 10 than us .... 8-2)

My fault, I meant Phoenix instead of Chicago. It's still only four teams, though.

I got tickets for the Dallas game tomorrow. This is the most excited I've been for a game all season.