PDA

View Full Version : The Nets came out strong at home.

Hicks
05-09-2004, 08:52 PM
I came home to find them up 31-13 over Detroit after 1. As I type they're up 35-18 in the 2nd. It will be interesting to see if they can hold on this time or not.

zxc
05-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Looks like Pistons getting back in it. Must be 20 fouls calls on the nets so far this second Q.

Reggie4Three
05-09-2004, 09:13 PM
You guys haven't been listening. The Pistons fans have already declared this series over. :laugh:

Shade
05-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Down to 9. :shakehead:

sweabs
05-09-2004, 09:21 PM
You didn't see the first quarter Hicks - Rasheed in foul trouble...here is the key to beating Detroit...get a Wallace in foul trouble!!!

PistonsDynasty
05-09-2004, 09:31 PM
You didn't see the first quarter Hicks - Rasheed in foul trouble...here is the key to beating Detroit...get a Wallace in foul trouble!!!

Pistons also came back while Sheed was on the bench.

The Pistons are going to win by 10+ bank on it.

Anthem
05-09-2004, 09:36 PM

Hope not... that means we have to beat Miami by 10+ or else Detroit will tie us for the record.

PistonsDynasty
05-09-2004, 09:38 PM

Hope not... that means we have to beat Miami by 10+ or else Detroit will tie us for the record.

:D, yeah I was pulling for the Heat to score on that last basket yesterday!!

Southside_Pacer
05-09-2004, 10:45 PM

Remind me never to ask your opinions on who to wager on. :P I don't gamble but still. :P

Kstat
05-09-2004, 10:46 PM
*sighs*

this must be "underdog day" or something......Richard Jefferson suddenly became Reggie Miller..... :unimpressed:

FIne with me, Nets will take the same shots they took today and will hit about %25, because frankly most of their shots were crap. :D

The Nets can enjoy their last win of the year. It'll be more fun eliminating them in Detroit anyhow, :)

Hicks
05-09-2004, 10:47 PM

Nope.

sweabs
05-09-2004, 10:51 PM

Nope.

:laugh:
Kstat - I don't expect Kidd to shoot 1-13 or whatever again either...

Kstat
05-09-2004, 10:57 PM

No, of course not. I expect him to go 0-13 ;)

Kidd and Jefferson are both CRAP shooters. Notice i didnt say average, I said CRAP. So when one shoots like crap and the other shoots like Larry freaking Bird, I do not consider that "things evening out."

PaceBalls
05-09-2004, 10:58 PM
It was almost as much fun watching the Pistons get blown out as watching the Pacers annihilate the Heat :laugh:

Plus their fans talk so much smack.

What happened to Tayshun? That has to be one of the worst games he has ever played. RJ was just schooling him and the whole Pistons team. This game gives NJ alot of confidence, and I really think they can win this series still.

zxc
05-09-2004, 11:00 PM

Kidd and Jefferson are both CRAP shooters. Notice i didnt say average, I said CRAP. So when one shoots like crap and the other shoots like Larry freaking Bird, I do not consider that "things evening out."

How is Jefferson a crap shooter? That is nonsense really. Very respectable % overall and from three this year. He has really improved his shot. Game tonight for him was no fluke. Only hit 2 or 3 shots that were real tough like that three at end of shot clock.

Plus NJ played the entire game with everyone in their frontcourt in foul trouble.

sweabs
05-09-2004, 11:00 PM

You are right - they both aren't very good shooters and I expect the Pistons to just crush them in Game 4. I gotta say though - that reffing was REAL inconsistent.

Reggie4Three
05-09-2004, 11:11 PM
One more time. Nothing really happens until someone wins on the road or Game 7. Hopefully the Pacers can do something tomorrow.

sweabs
05-09-2004, 11:15 PM
One more time. Nothing really happens until someone wins on the road or Game 7. Hopefully the Pacers can do something tomorrow.

:pray:
:boomer:

Kstat
05-09-2004, 11:27 PM

How is Jefferson a crap shooter? That is nonsense really. Very respectable % overall and from three this year. He has really improved his shot. Game tonight for him was no fluke. Only hit 2 or 3 shots that were real tough like that three at end of shot clock.

Plus NJ played the entire game with everyone in their frontcourt in foul trouble.

Jefferson shoots a high % because most of the time Kidd is spoon-feeding him dunks. From 15 feet and out Jefferson is pure garbage. Half the time he can't even hit the rim.

As for NJ, I'll give them credit if they can beat us a SECOND time. But considering what had to happen for them to win this game, I would think thats very doubtful.

zxc
05-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Jefferson shoots a high % because most of the time Kidd is spoon-feeding him dunks. From 15 feet and out Jefferson is pure garbage. Half the time he can't even hit the rim.

:rolleyes: Right. Guess that's why he shoots about 37% from three and had some of his best games of the season when Kidd wasn't there.

PaceBalls
05-09-2004, 11:48 PM
lol usually Kstat knows what he is talkin about, but not this time! Sounds to me like he is reaching for excuses over how bad the pistons played. RJ is just as good if not a better shooter than Chauncey.

2003-2004 FG%

Chauncey .394
RJ .498

silly pistons fan

Suaveness
05-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Detroit can make all the excuses they want. They got their butts handed to them.

What makes it even more impressive was the refs were completely on the Pistons side. Call after call kept going to Detroit, it pissed me off. Congrats to NJ, and I hope they do it again.

PaceBalls
05-09-2004, 11:53 PM
agreed Suaveness, I hope they go 7 very physical games with triple overtimes.

I really don't care which team the Pacers play, but personally I feel more of rivalry with Detroit. But beating the Nets would bring about great satisfaction too.

Tim
05-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Unfortunately this was the kind of game I was expecting out of NJ.
For the first time in the series NJ kept their heads under Detroit pressure.

This game is an example of why I felt NJ would win the series and may stop us. Detroit's D is great but they can be defended like most other good teams, unless they are having a real good night shooting Detroit isn't going to go on a lot of scoring runs like the Nets can.

Hopefully Detroit can bounce back, I rather play them over of the Nets.

Kstat
05-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Detroit can make all the excuses they want. They got their butts handed to them.

What makes it even more impressive was the refs were completely on the Pistons side. Call after call kept going to Detroit, it pissed me off. Congrats to NJ, and I hope they do it again.

NJ deserved each and every foul they got. Not a SINGLE foul was questionable, they don't have great shotblockers at the rim so they tackle whomever gets in the paint. On offense, they simply charge straight to the basket and gamble that somebody wont step in front of them for a charge.

If anything, I think NJ got a GENEROUS whistle.....their entire frontcourt could have fouled out by halftime :laugh:

PaceBalls
05-09-2004, 11:59 PM
I know one thing is for certain. RJ would NEVER score 30pts against Ron Artest. Not only that, but it seems that is the weak spot in Detroits D, which is where Ron will dominate.

Kstat
05-10-2004, 12:00 AM
I know one thing is for certain. RJ would NEVER score 30pts against Ron Artest. Not only that, but it seems that is the weak spot in Detroits D, which is where Ron will dominate.

Taking the shots he took today, Jefferson would most DEFINATELY score 30 on Artest. He was making fadaways from 25 feet and hitting one-handed runners in the paint of the wrong freaking foot. Not Prince, nor Ronnie, nor Bill Russel could have defended Jefferson any better.

Hicks
05-10-2004, 12:02 AM
How many of those Kidd-assisted dunks boosted Richard Jefferson's 3P% of 37%?

PaceBalls
05-10-2004, 12:03 AM
Well, it is a very debatable opinion of mine ;) Ron gets right up in his guys face though because he isnt scared to get beat off the dribble. It is all just hypothetical, but has ANYONE, all season long scored 30 on Ron? or even 20?

Suaveness
05-10-2004, 12:05 AM

NJ deserved each and every foul they got. Not a SINGLE foul was questionable, they don't have great shotblockers at the rim so they tackle whomever gets in the paint. On offense, they simply charge straight to the basket and gamble that somebody wont step in front of them for a charge.

If anything, I think NJ got a GENEROUS whistle.....their entire frontcourt could have fouled out by halftime :laugh:

You have got to be KIDDING. I watched Detroit go on offense and get every damn call, and most were NOT warranted. They were terrible calls, funny how so many more Nets were in foul trouble. The officiating was ridiculous.

Yeah, that tackling was amazing :rolleyes: It was Detroit who just kept charging into the lane, getting every call even if they screwed up. Just retarded.

Shade
05-10-2004, 12:06 AM
Not a SINGLE foul was questionable, ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Taking the shots he took today, Jefferson would most DEFINATELY score 30 on Artest....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I second that.

Never in the histroy of the NBA has there been a game with NO questionable foul calls.

Kstat
05-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Well, it is a very debatable opinion of mine ;) Ron gets right up in his guys face though because he isnt scared to get beat off the dribble. It is all just hypothetical, but has ANYONE, all season long scored 30 on Ron? or even 20?

TMac scored 43 on him this year.

PaceBalls
05-10-2004, 12:09 AM
oh ya, Tmac did have that huge game. That was just one time tho ;)

Kstat
05-10-2004, 12:09 AM

You have got to be KIDDING. I watched Detroit go on offense and get every damn call, and most were NOT warranted. They were terrible calls, funny how so many more Nets were in foul trouble. The officiating was ridiculous.

Yeah, that tackling was amazing :rolleyes: It was Detroit who just kept charging into the lane, getting every call even if they screwed up. Just retarded.

Nothing really to say about that Suave. That wasn't the way the game went you you know it. If you want to go making stuff up we really don't have much of a discussion.

NJ was hammering guys at the rim non-stop. It was clear.

Kstat
05-10-2004, 12:12 AM
I'm not even sure why I'm debating semantics. We got our butts kicked. But the odds of it happening again the same way are pretty slim. I really like our chances to win in five anyhow.

Anthem
05-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Not a SINGLE foul was questionable, ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Taking the shots he took today, Jefferson would most DEFINATELY score 30 on Artest....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

From a LAKER fan, no less.

Suaveness
05-10-2004, 12:46 AM

Nothing really to say about that Suave. That wasn't the way the game went you you know it. If you want to go making stuff up we really don't have much of a discussion.

NJ was hammering guys at the rim non-stop. It was clear.

Making up stuff? Ha. There was nothing clear about it. The only thing that was clear was Detroit was getting calls.

able
05-10-2004, 04:21 AM
I'm not even sure why I'm debating semantics. We got our butts kicked. But the odds of it happening again the same way are pretty slim. I really like our chances to win in five anyhow.

Oh dear, here we go again.......

What happened to the "revenge" blowout ? what happened to 4 - 0 to make up for last year ?

odds ? I'm no betting man, just because I never looked into understanding this at length and beyond the point where it says that the odds are never in my favour, but i would assume that the odds changed a wee bit after last nights game.

I still nay care who we meet in the ECF, I'm comfy with either, but what most of us said, this will not be a blowout.

and fyi; I have the Pistons in 6 or 7 but I do feel that NJ got a feel good game under their belt that may change the outlook somewhat.

sc
05-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Neither team can complain about the calls. The officating was horrible and it was not lopsided. New Jersey got the calls early and the Pistons got the calls in the 2nd. It all has to do with hard work. Whoever is the hardest working team is going to get the calls. NJ however took greater advantage.

The reason the Nets were in foul trouble is becuase you can drive to the hole on them and they are forced to take fouls. Martin is over-agressive on the offensive side with forearms. Collins, Williams, etal have no game and are forced to foul. That is why they were in foul trouble.

There were weak calls as there always is Salvatore. The guy likes to exert his presence early in the game and is T happy, especially for Larry Brown and the Pistons, it has been that way for years.

The question is how is Bennet Salvatore still a NBA referee.

naptownmenace
05-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Neither team can complain about the calls. The officating was horrible and it was not lopsided. New Jersey got the calls early and the Pistons got the calls in the 2nd. It all has to do with hard work. Whoever is the hardest working team is going to get the calls. NJ however took greater advantage.

The reason the Nets were in foul trouble is becuase you can drive to the hole on them and they are forced to take fouls. Martin is over-agressive on the offensive side with forearms. Collins, Williams, etal have no game and are forced to foul. That is why they were in foul trouble.

There were weak calls as there always is Salvatore. The guy likes to exert his presence early in the game and is T happy, especially for Larry Brown and the Pistons, it has been that way for years.

The question is how is Bennet Salvatore still a NBA referee.

Very reasonable post. Good to see that.

Hovever, Bennet Salvatore is one of the better refs in the league, IMO. Now, Dick (Knick) Bavetta and Joey Crawford are the Devil's chief agents. That Mathis guy is a real jerk too.

sc
05-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Salvatore just has something for Brown and Pistons, always has. It is pretty apparrent.

I agree with Bevatta as well.

Unclebuck
05-10-2004, 01:11 PM
I just want to say that Ben Wallace the past two games has played unbelievably well. His effort and determination in these two games has been off the charts.

Graywolf_59
05-10-2004, 01:40 PM
You guys haven't been listening. The Pistons fans have already declared this series over. :laugh:That's OK......all the Media have the Piston's-(Spur's/or Laker's) in the final's!We all know the Truth here in Indiana........(I Hope we keep getting NO Respect) thru the Playoff's!It fire's our Pacer's up even more. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D