PDA

View Full Version : The Wayback Machine... A Question by UncleBuck

Anthem
05-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Here's one for you guys. Months ago, UB had a post asking why Indiana wasn't in love with Ron Artest. He compared it to Ben Wallace and the cult hero that he is to Detroit.

Has that changed? I'm out here in Vegas, so I don't hear the buzz. But I saw an awful lot of Ron Artest jerseys in the stands tonight... more than JO.

What's Indy's take on Artest? Is he establishing his cred with his superb playoff performances?

ABADays
05-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Artest is a favorite here. He really turned things around this year and impressed people by coming back from his thumb surgery within a few days. It's also obvious the only thing that means anything to him is winning.

PaceBalls
05-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Well, he was my favorite player on the team even last year. You wouldn't believe some of the off season arguments between pacers fans about trading Ron last summer, which the majority of them wanted to do for Terrel Brandon's expiring contract :rolleyes: :confused:

kerosene
05-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Well, he was my favorite player on the team even last year. You wouldn't believe some of the off season arguments between pacers fans about trading Ron last summer, which the majority of them wanted to do for Terrel Brandon's expiring contract :rolleyes: :confused:

I never got the Ron trade talk either but I think most of the Brandon talk centered about dumping Croshere's contract. Just think, in a couple of years we'll all be saying "Noooo don't trade Croshere, he comes off the books soon". At least I will.

Kegboy
05-09-2004, 12:09 AM
He really turned things around this year and impressed people by coming back from his thumb surgery within a few days.

I think that was when alot of people woke up and really started to appreciate the guy. Especially the media.

Pig Nash
05-09-2004, 12:34 AM
I see about equal numbers of JO, Artest, and Reggie jerseys at the games normally.

Ragnar
05-09-2004, 12:14 PM
My wife was in Sears recently here in Fort Wayne and she was getting a Artest jersey for my son. She said that Ron was the only one they were even carrying. Either that or the other ones are sold out :whoknows:

But anyway I mainly see Ron Jermaine and Reggie up here when I see a Pacer Jersey at all. So I think he had won the fans over.

PaceBalls
05-09-2004, 12:16 PM
I got the yellow one ;)

sweabs
05-09-2004, 06:06 PM
I have the whole starting line up - call me obsessed...