PDA

View Full Version : Jeff, JO, Al, Freddie all with some 'hurts' after this game

BostonConnection
05-08-2004, 09:52 PM
This game couldn't end soon enough for me once the outcome was secure. It made me really nervous everytime JO went into traffic late in the 4th.

Edit: added Jeff to the list, forgot all about him going down tonight too

Hicks
05-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Yeah, we got roughed up pretty bad tonight.

Stryder
05-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Yeah, we got roughed up pretty bad tonight.

It's a man's game out there. They'll be fine for game 3.

Chambizzle
05-08-2004, 10:14 PM
I think we will win game 3.

But it'll be a pain in the butt... if we can limit their fast break points and keep the organized play together I think we have no problems with the Heat.

Southside_Pacer
05-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Al did say after the game that he felt pretty good despite taking all of the charges. So that's a positive.

Will Galen
05-08-2004, 11:46 PM
JO,Al, Freddie all with some 'hurts' after this game.

You forgot Jeff, and Al must be one big bruise after the way Miami wiped the floor with him. Al must have taken about ten charges, talk about unsung hero's!

Someone who taped the game should count the charges he took.

Suaveness
05-08-2004, 11:50 PM
5...not bad

Kegboy
05-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Well, hopefully this will be incentive to broom Miami so we can get some more rest. :D

BostonConnection
05-09-2004, 12:14 AM
JO,Al, Freddie all with some 'hurts' after this game.

You forgot Jeff, and Al must be one big bruise after the way Miami wiped the floor with him. Al must have taken about ten charges, talk about unsung hero's!

Someone who taped the game should count the charges he took.

Doh! I did forget Jeff! :blush:

His may potentially be the most serious of the injuries that happened tonight - I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Will Galen
05-09-2004, 02:12 AM
I don't know about anyone else but Al really inpressed me. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd charge he took one to the solar plexus and then a few minutes later there he was taking another charge. What can you say . . . the man is tough!

Ragnar
05-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Jeffs took him out of the game and so did Freddies so I hope they are both going to be able to bounce back. Freddie is really starting to show some range on his shot it would be bad to lose him now. Not as bad as losing Jeff but bad none the less.

naptownmenace
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
What's the injury update for today?

Has anyone heard anything else about Freddie? It seemed that late in the game, when they showed Freddie on the bench, his left arm was practically in a sling (it looked like they had it wrapped with a warm-up jacket). It looked like he took a knee or elbow to the bicep.

Suaveness
05-10-2004, 12:38 PM
THey are both going to play.

obnoxiousmodesty
05-10-2004, 02:27 PM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/5/145180-8205-094.html

Injured Pacers expected to play

By Mark Montieth
mark.montieth@indystar.com
May 10, 2004

MIAMI -- Jeff Foster and Fred Jones plan to play in tonight's playoff game at Miami, but will not be at full strength.

The two injured Indiana Pacers participated in the team's shootaround this morning at AmericanAirlines Arena.

Foster, the starting center, bruised his right hip when he was inadvertently elbowed by teammate Jermaine O'Neal in the first quarter of Saturday's game at Conseco Fieldhouse. Asked how he was feeling, he held out his right hand and waggled it.

Jones, who strained his left shoulder in the fourth quarter on Saturday, said he still was in pain. Jones, who has hit 18-of-31 field goal attempts off the bench in the playoffs, said he was having difficulty raising his left arm on his shot.

Jones, who usually sleeps on his left side, said the injury also was interfering with his sleep.

"I'm getting up every hour," he said. "I'm tired."

If Foster and Jones are unable to play effectively, Pacers coach Rick Carlisle will rely more on his depth.

"We're hopeful they're OK," he said. "They felt better this morning. They'll play tonight and we'll see how it goes. If one of those guys can't go we'll have other people available."