PDA

View Full Version : Predictions on Head Coach changes this offseason

SpADeD
05-07-2004, 05:45 PM
So fat there has been numerous head coaches fired, how many more do you think will occur?

obnoxiousmodesty
05-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Good question. Let's break it down a bit...

Already Fired Coaches:

Atlanta
Boston (Doc Rivers)
Philadelphia (Jim O'Brien)
New Orleans
Toronto

Will Be Back:

Lawrence Frank (New Jersey)
Stan Van Gundy (Miami)
Rick Carlisle (Indiana)
Larry Brown (Detroit)
Terry Porter (Milwaukee)
Paul Silas (Cleveland)
Flip Saunders (Minnesota)
Gregg Popovich (San Antonio)
Hubie Brown (Memphis)
Jeff Van Gundy (Houston)
Jerry Sloan (Utah)
Rick Adelman (Sacramento)

Contract In Question:

Phil Jackson (L.A. Lakers)

Hot Seat/Questionable:

Lenny Wilkens (New York)
Eddie Jordan (Washington)
Johnny Davis (Orlando)
Scott Skiles (Chicago)
Don Nelson (Dallas)
Jeff Bzdelik (Denver)
Eric Musselman (Golden State)
Nate McMillan (Seattle)
Mike D'Antoni (Phoenix)
Mike Dunleavy (L.A. Clippers)

A few of the coaches in my Hot Seat/Questionable group have been given a vote of confidence by their management. I considered placing Rick Adelman and Flip Saunders in the Hot Seat group as well, but I believe they should and will be back with their respective organizations. I think we'll see 3-5 more firings before next season begins and another 2-3 within the first two months of next season.

kerosene
05-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Eric Musselman (Golden State) to Atlanta.
George Karl ends up somewhere also.

ROCislandWarrior
05-07-2004, 06:48 PM
My own opinions:

Hot Seat/Questionable:

Lenny Wilkens (New York) - Keep him, he hasn't even been given a full season yet.
Eddie Jordan (Washington) - Keep him, washington showed that they have some talent last year, give him one more year to organize it.
Johnny Davis (Orlando) - New Coach. T-Mac has already said he expects the magic to make moves to get him some help. They may get Okufur and make some moves, so sign a new coach and start fresh.
Scott Skiles (Chicago) - Chicago was supposed to be a playoff contender, what happened? Bye Bye Skiles
Don Nelson (Dallas) - If you can get Riley, why would you want Nelson?
Jeff Bzdelik (Denver) - They were doomed to lose in the first round, I would say keep him.
Eric Musselman (Golden State) - How many teams does Cali need? I have no opinion
Nate McMillan (Seattle) - Good bye
Mike D'Antoni (Phoenix) - Phoenix is going nowhere next year, no opinion
Mike Dunleavy (L.A. Clippers) - Clippers are so bad, it doesn't matter who coaches them

sweabs
05-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Mike D'Antoni is supposedly going to be back next year...heard that somewhere on television last night...

Roaming Gnome
05-07-2004, 06:51 PM
I really don't think that Eddie Jordan is on the hot seat in Washington because eventhough they didn't make the playoffs or even in contention...I thought they are improving from what they had after the M. Jordan/Doug Collins era. Personally, I think Eddie Jordan is a good young coach that will only get better with talent.

I think Jeff Bzdelik has been getting a raw deal from the media all year because I know how bad Denver was last year. They added many new players that had to gel together. Denver's GM alred proved how patient he was when he let the Nuggets be pitiful for a couple seasons to clear cap space to get the team he has now. So why would the same guy be so impatient to fire the coach that made the playoffs in the west after having this team for 1 year? I think he would have gotten a pass even if he would not have made the playoffs!

Other then that...I agree with your list obnoxious.

obnoxiousmodesty
05-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I think Bzdelik definitely should remain in Denver. Yet, there has been talk out of Denver of a coaching change. I hope Bzdelik has the opportunity to keep working because I think he has done a good job molding these players into a team. As for Eddie Jordan, I think he'll be back too, but I also think Washington will be impatient for the Wizards to make a splash next season in the Eastern Conference. We'll see.

MSA2CF
05-07-2004, 07:17 PM
So fat there has been numerous head coaches fired, how many more do you think will occur?

Did you just call me fat? :mad:

;)

Will Galen
05-07-2004, 09:03 PM
I really don't think that Eddie Jordan is on the hot seat in Washington because eventhough they didn't make the playoffs or even in contention...I thought they are improving from what they had after the M. Jordan/Doug Collins era. Personally, I think Eddie Jordan is a good young coach that will only get better with talent.

I think Jeff Bzdelik has been getting a raw deal from the media all year because I know how bad Denver was last year. They added many new players that had to gel together. Denver's GM alred proved how patient he was when he let the Nuggets be pitiful for a couple seasons to clear cap space to get the team he has now. So why would the same guy be so impatient to fire the coach that made the playoffs in the west after having this team for 1 year? I think he would have gotten a pass even if he would not have made the playoffs!

You saved me the trouble of posting. I agree with everything you said!