PDA

View Full Version : This team is so well coached!

ROCislandWarrior
05-07-2004, 01:49 PM
It is starting to scare me.

Now while we didn't play one of our better games last night, we didn't let that stop us from imposing our style of play on the heat.

I give Rick all the credit in the world for getting this team to play that way. This team comes out everynight and knows exactly what they need to do and they do it.

One of the heat players said something to the point of "They go to option one, if that doesn't work they go to option two, and it that doesn't work they go right back to option one."

All game long you would see JO getting fronted in the post so the man on the wing would swing the ball up high and then back again or JO would come up to run the pick and roll.

This is something I didn't see with last years team. Last years team would fold and stumble when they became uncomfortable.

This team has ice water in their veins. The Heat tried to take away what we do best, and we calmly went about finding another way to dominate them.

I've always known we are tough enough physically, but now I am starting to believe we are tough enough mentally to win it all.

AcneBrain
05-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Pacers - Brad Miller - Isiah Thomas + Rick Carlisle = better team. Imagine if we still had Brad...

sweabs
05-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Imagine if we still had Brad...
Uh oh... :rolleyes:

Natston
05-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Imagine if we still had Brad...

But then we wouldn't have Pollard... :D

Unclebuck
05-07-2004, 04:57 PM
This thread started out so well and then we get into talking about who know you and you know what.

I want to comment in the curreent Pacers team. They are extremely well coached, so much so it is beyond discription.

I was at the game last night and then today I have watched the whole TNT telecast right through the funny postgame with Kenny, Magic, Ernie and Charles.

Watching the game on tape after being at the game gives you a different more anaylitical perspective. In everything that coaching controls the Pacers are almost perfect.

ROCislandWarrior
05-07-2004, 06:57 PM
I talked about well disciplined the other day in another thread.

If the Pacers play like that EACH GAME it will definitely be a sweep.

TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST only the Spurs could possibly stop the Pacers now... from taking it all.

JMO.
:gopacers:
:pacers:

Well we are going to go up against a very well coached Pistons team. When that happens, we will need to play well, not just be well coached.

JO has yet to dominate a game and this team has yet to put together a full game of ball in the postseason.