PDA

View Full Version : Personal rituals / good luck charms

sweabs
05-07-2004, 01:21 AM
g

Snickers
05-07-2004, 02:01 AM
Keep wearing that jersey. ;)

I don't have many superstitions these days, but I used to have a bunch of them, especially Pacer-related ones.

One sticks out in my memory, I was listening to the game on the online WIBC broadcast [this was before I had LP and before WIBC stopped airing games online.] I was eating one of those nutty-buddy chocolate snack bars, and the Pacers were behind by double figures midway through the fourth.

Well, from the time I bit into that nutty-buddy until I finished it, the Pacers dug themselves out of the hole and got back into the game. I decided to go get another one, just in case. :D

They stayed in the game for as long as I kept eating my nutty buddies. I actually expirimented and stopped eating for a few plays, and they always gave up baskets or turned it over. But I wasn't about to stop stuffing my face and be responsible for a Pacers loss! :mad:

The game went into overtime. I went through the half a box that was in the cupboard, which was about 6 twin-packs. Then I ran out of nutty buddies and they lost. :(

True story. I'm really that much of a loser. :blush:

Hicks
05-07-2004, 09:09 AM
:laugh:

Ragnar
05-07-2004, 10:04 AM
The only pre game ritual I can think of is finding out what channel the game is on and turning to that station. I dont think that counts though. :unimpressed:

able
05-07-2004, 10:26 AM
hmmm i missed very few games this year, but strangely enough every one i missed we lost
(and NO i did not miss 21 games! 6 at most.